Most of the time I press the Mute key to unlock my 8520, it shows me the Media folder. Am I doing something wrong?
    12-22-10 06:36 AM
    Try a battery pull. One of the keys could accidentally have been remapped, which is impossible.

Did it get water on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 06:42 AM
    Press and hold the '*' Key to lock.
    12-24-10 06:46 PM
    Most of the time I press the Mute key to unlock my 8520, it shows me the Media folder. Am I doing something wrong?
    same thing happens to me with my 8530. the phone has never seen any water and i do a battery pull every few days. i dont know why it does it but i do know its annoying and would love to find a solution.
    12-24-10 09:14 PM
    You need to press and hold the mute key for 1-2 seconds in order for standby mode to take effect. I can't see what device you're using (doesn't show on the mobile browser view) but I assume it's a Curve 85xx or 93xx series. Since these models are the only ones with the dedicated media keys, the mute key serves multiple purposes. A quick press will launch the media folder, press and hold will enter the device into standby mode, and a quick press during a call will mute the microphone. Just takes a little getting used to... Shouldn't have anything to do with water damage or the OS, it's designed to do this.

If you don't like this solution, you can set one of your side convenience keys to "keyboard lock."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 11:56 PM
    12-25-10 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD