I would have to say that it sells because its simple and easy, Not much 2 it, easy to learn..... I guess that's why I'm not a fan. I love learning new things, Apple is 2 simple anyone can use it. I like to WOW people and I can guarantee that I can teach you something NEW on your Blackberry everyday for a YEAR and have u say "wow I never knew that",... Angry Birds is the stupidest game EVER, So why does it sell? Because its simply and easy. I Guess I am 1 of the few in America that likes to b different. When iphone dropped I jumped on a Nokia N95, Apple iphone 1.3MP camera vs Nokia N95 5MP I just had to be unique and stand out... these days if you have an iphone u r following the crowd and thats something I don't do. FYI I have never spent money on an Apple product and NEVER will.. If RIM fails Im back to Nokia.....seen that Nokia 808 yet???? Crazy
    VanCity778 likes this.
    04-16-12 12:03 PM
    That's why some people buy cars that are fixer-up's and some want cars with a 100k warranty.

Some people like to tinker and learn, and some people just want to turn the key and go.
    04-16-12 12:15 PM
    I would have to say that it sells because its simple and easy, Not much 2 it, easy to learn..... I guess that's why I'm not a fan. I love learning new things, Apple is 2 simple anyone can use it. I like to WOW people and I can guarantee that I can teach you something NEW on your Blackberry everyday for a YEAR and have u say "wow I never knew that",... Angry Birds is the stupidest game EVER, So why does it sell? Because its simply and easy. I Guess I am 1 of the few in America that likes to b different. When iphone dropped I jumped on a Nokia N95, Apple iphone 1.3MP camera vs Nokia N95 5MP I just had to be unique and stand out... these days if you have an iphone u r following the crowd and thats something I don't do. FYI I have never spent money on an Apple product and NEVER will.. If RIM fails Im back to Nokia.....seen that Nokia 808 yet???? Crazy
    I always read posts like these with interest. Are you more concerned with being perceived as "following" the crowd" (which, in and of itself, is pretty much the definition of being affected by the "crowd") than getting a device that works for you?

I am all for choice, and I understand your need to be a rebel, but when I read absolute statements such as yours, they make me curious. If an Apple device fit my needs better, I would get it. Don't care how it is perceived by others.
    04-16-12 12:29 PM
    I used to be the former, now I'm the latter. Technology should make life easier and be enjoyable to use.
    Last edited by PhilUp; 04-16-12 at 12:32 PM.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    04-16-12 12:30 PM
    I can't figure out whether you are just on a massive ego trip in these posts, or if you are struggling with an inferiority complex and lashing out. Regardless of which is the case, people do have a variety of reasons for buying a phone or a tablet. Some may want the simplicity of an Apple device, with the limitations that can bring, and others may want something else. With respect to games though, here is a clue for you: they are games. Perhaps there are people who don't want to play the latest role playing game because 1) they don't suit their tastes; or 2) they don't want to play anything complicated on a 4 X 3 phone screen (or still small tablet screen). Regardless of the reason, it would be nice if you might lighten up on the use of absolutes - they are an insult to peoples' intelligence and tend to suggest the person using them is less intelligent than they think. As for all the things you can teach someone about a BB, if it is at the level of what you can teach people about apps on a PB, or the uses of multi-cores and GPUs, I am not very impressed.
    vrs626 and Mystic205 like this.
    04-16-12 12:46 PM
    I imagine that they could show you 1 thing a day for a year that the iphone (with its apps) can do that the blackberry cant. Each to their own I guess. Way to be unique with this argument btw...
    vrs626 and avt123 like this.
    04-16-12 01:12 PM
    Sounds like the OP played the first four or so scenes of angry birds and got bored lol. The further into the game you get, it turns into a strategy game. You get different birds to use that offer different ways of destroying the structures. You can't pick the order in which you use the birds. In the later stages, there are actually just a few ways to break the structures using the given birds. Then if you want to go beyond that, you can challenge yourself to get 3 stars in each scene. It's not a simple as you might think. That being said, I also agree with the sentiments of the previous posters. Last I checked ease of use wasn't a bad thing.
    04-16-12 03:09 PM
    I Guess I am 1 of the few in America that likes to b different.
    People who say they're different, rarely are.

Just something to consider.
    04-16-12 04:38 PM
    OP, do youself a favour, go and get an iPad and iPhone...you like simple

The smell of this thread is attracting our pet trolls

Obviously another veiled attempt to talk about Apple
    04-16-12 04:43 PM
    I agree with you, op. I like your recent topics, including that one about ipad's quad core processors and lack of multitasking that disappeared.

I agree also, that Angry Birds is idiotic. (I checked it out on youtube, and it was really dense.) Anyway, I, too, hate apple and will never spend money on one of its products.
    04-16-12 04:51 PM
    I would imagine that Angry Birds will be available for BB10 devices, since the Playbook can run Angry Birds.

There have always been games that were fads over the years, and not just video games. Monopoly was a fad in the 1930s. The Monopoly Board Game (1930′s)

Rubik's Cube and Pac-Man were huge fads in the 1980s.
    04-16-12 05:07 PM
    You like to WOW people with your smartphone? I only show people my smartphone if they ask, otherwise, I don't try to brag about my device. That just doesn't seem cool, and usually people have better things to do than listen to people brag.

Your hatred for Apple is hysterical. Every thread you start includes something about why you hate Apple, on a BlackBerry forum. This should be in the Apple section.

Just because someone has an iPhone doesn't mean they are following the crowd. That has to be one of the most ignorant things ever said on this forum. It is foolish to think people are following the crowd because they picked the smartphone they liked the best. For the ones who buy it just because sure they follow the crowd, but BB users are the same exact way. "Omg myfriends have BBM so I need a BlackBerry". That's not following a crowd? What about when BB were the most popular? People who bought them weren't automatically following the crowd like you assume these Apple users are?

What about when you had your Nokia? Nokias were the most popular devices in the WORLD at one point. So I guess that makes you a poser as well.

And there are people just like you, who try to be different just for the sake of being different. So I guess you aren't that different after all.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-16-12 at 05:19 PM.
    04-16-12 05:13 PM
    What makes you so different? Last time I checked millions upon millions carry a blackberry....

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    04-16-12 05:15 PM
    Anyway, I, too, hate apple and will never spend money on one of its products.
    Your post reminds me of the military father in American Beauty; he "hated" something too.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Beauty_(film))
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-16-12 05:23 PM
    People who say they're different, rarely are.

Just something to consider.
    Exactly. Trying to be unique makes you just like everyone else trying to be unique. You're in a crowd.

Be yourself. That's the only way you will not be like anyone else. Simple as that. If there is someone else who is exactly like you on the earth, then you wont be a part of a crowd, you'll just be a couple of people who are alike.
    04-16-12 05:24 PM

Why are you always calling people trolls? Grow up. The OP is a known Apple hater. Look at his post history or go look in the Apple section.

And how is this a "veiled attempt to talk about Apple". I'm pretty sure he's not covering anything up and is doing just that, talking about Apple.

Your posts are worse than the actual trolls these days. Congratulations.
    Jonathank likes this.
    04-16-12 05:28 PM
    The funny thing is you actually sound like everyone else yelling they will never buy an iPhone they're different. So in a sense you're just as much of a follower as people with Apple products yearning to stand out and be different, cause you don't use Apple. This whole post is childish to me taking time to complain about a 99 cent app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-12 05:28 PM
    I agree with you, op. I like your recent topics, including that one about ipad's quad core processors and lack of multitasking that disappeared.

I agree also, that Angry Birds is idiotic. (I checked it out on youtube, and it was really dense.) Anyway, I, too, hate apple and will never spend money on one of its products.
    The iPad doesn't have a quad core processor, it has a quad core GPU.

The OPs other thread was probably deleted because it was going to start a flame fest. Or the fact that he had no clue about the device he was trying to bash and couldn't do a quick Google search to get his facts straight. Either way, it's good it's gone.

This one will probably be gone soon too.
    04-16-12 05:31 PM
    Why are you always calling people trolls? Grow up. The OP is a known Apple hater. Look at his post history or go look in the Apple section.

And how is this a "veiled attempt to talk about Apple". I'm pretty sure he's not covering anything up and is doing just that, talking about Apple.

Your posts are worse than the actual trolls these days. Congratulations.

Well we're talking about it aren't we...another stale thread about Apple

If you can't take the BB heat maybe you should get off your miniature horse
    04-16-12 06:25 PM

Unless you have a dog somewhere, no one is anyone's pet here.

Lame.
    04-16-12 06:27 PM
    I tried the whole apple thing a week ago. Big mistake. Came back to BlackBerry.
    04-16-12 06:44 PM
    Sit back and think about what you want to do with a tablet and which one would help you achieve this. To answer your Angry Birds app it is a fun little time killer game. Don't try to compare games.here like you would on XBOX its nor built for that. Stop caring about what others think it's your money. Best of luck.
    Jonathank likes this.
    04-16-12 07:53 PM
    Congratulations, you're different.

Why does Angry Birds sell? Maybe for the very reason that it's a simple and easy time killer than you can play for 5 minutes at a time. Ask our fellow PlayBook owners why they bought it.

I'm not sure why there's this short man syndrome that affects some BlackBerry owners here where they feel like they have to put down Apple or Android in order to validate their own decisions. Happy with your BlackBerry? Great. The guy down the block is happy with his iPhone. And the guy next to him loves his Android. Why do you even care what they have and why speak negatively of a platform/device you don't even own or use? Acting like that makes you just as bad as those "Apple cult iSheep" we all like so much.
    04-16-12 08:28 PM
    Hope Angry birds and many other similar games will be available on the BB10, cuz if not RIM is in real trouble, and don't give this stupid slogan "we need tools not toys", cuz its just not true to many users.
    04-16-12 08:33 PM
    Well we're talking about it aren't we...another stale thread about Apple

If you can't take the BB heat maybe you should get off your miniature horse
    BB heat? What are you talking about? I respect and enjoyed all of my BBs (8330 and 9000), except for my misfortunate experience I had with my 9700. I also cannot wait to get my hands on a BB10 device ( I have been waiting since 2009).

Like I said, grow up. No one is on a horse here, but you sure are beating one.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-16-12 at 08:55 PM.
    pantlesspenguin and Jonathank like this.
    04-16-12 08:53 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD