BB/RIM needs to stop insulting our intelligence by repackaging the same phone with minimal upgrades to the specs and calling it a brand new device, I was a bb advocate for the longest time, and to be honest with you, i truly only stay with bb because of bbm and group chat which i use daily, however I will be switching to android after this latest tour2/bold3 fiasco?? really u switched out the trackball added a lil more oomph in the processor speed and want me to spend how much to upgrade??? screw you RIM I will soon be incredible!
    I just went to the incredible from the 9630 and I am loving it. No problems with the phone so far.
    05-19-10 06:11 AM
    I think the hardest thing to compare is anything vs. Android. Why? B/c they're devices are SO FAR apart. Going from a Tour to a Bold to a Storm, you'll have your minor differences but the main experience is relatively the same. Go from a Moto Backflip, to the Incredible to the Eris and it'd be safe to say your experiences can make or break your decision.

OP: Keep this in mind when making comparisons, b/c not all Android devices were built equal.

That is all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 07:00 AM
    Blackberry has been so perfect that nothing need improve.that is problem?
    05-19-10 07:08 AM
    Android = hype

Iphone = hype

05-19-10 07:30 AM
    Android = hype

Iphone = hype

OK...
    05-19-10 08:08 AM
    I left Verizon to get the iPhone. It works best for me and my coverage area is great. It's all about what is best for you.

05-19-10 08:22 AM
    I stopped reading right when people started flaming each other for their opinions however, I agree that Android is a remarkable OS.

I'm a blackberry lover at heart even though im using a N1 right now, And I for one am thrilled that Android is putting up some competition towards RIM, because that means RIM is gonna have to innovate and work harder to keep customers. I am excited to see the things they can come up with because they're forced to.
    05-19-10 11:55 AM
    I've owned my BB Curve for 1 1/2 yrs now, after owning a Palm PDA for 5 yrs. I decided to pick up the HTC Droid Eris. Initially, I was happy to have it, the browser is light years ahead of the Curve's, no question. There's some really cool apps, as well, that are not available on the BB. However, after using my Eris for 6 wks, I am going back to my Curve. Why? No search feature in Contacts. I have 650 contacts, and I can't friggin do a search. I mean, are you kidding me? You want me to scroll a gazillion times til I reach the right contact to modify? Uh, no. It's also a bit difficult to make a call. My BB has that awesome feature that allows you to program a ph # to a key on the keyboard. The Eris allows for shortcuts on a screen that you touch to dial, and it works too, about 40% of the time. I also am not happy with the touchscreen. In responding to a friend's text or adding a personal note, it's not a big deal. But when responding to an angry work associate's email or smsing with my boss, I NEED that keyboard. Being able to add to the dictionary is sorely missed as well. However, I cannot say I won't miss my Eris. It was a cool phone, and I loved it for the toy it was. Now I have my BB for productivity, and an iPod Touch for the cool apps, and great browser. I wish they could combine the two - the big screen of the Eris with the keyboard of a BB. Some may say that's what the Motorola Droid has, but if you've ever used it, you know that keyboard doesn't hold a candle to the BB's keyboard. I continue to hope for an all-in-one device to appear someday soon.
    06-16-10 03:31 PM
    Cool review man.
    06-16-10 03:51 PM
    Delvoria
    I am on the incredible running 2.1 but if you didn't you could update to 2.1.
    I just hit the speaker say the person's name and the info comes up. (also if you go to the edge a scroll bar appears to go by letter)
    It adds words all the time to the dictionary.
    If it doesn't recognize what you are typing it shows it highlighted in orange.
    If it suggests a word it is in green.
    If it adds it is says saved after typing it.
    I agree the droid keyboard was weird when I looked at it.
    I am typing faster on my Incredible then I did on my curve.
    I think there is a steeper learning curve for android users but once you realize that it does so much more (and other things less) it really is very intuitive.

Personally, I agree with what others have said.
    Whatever makes one happy and what works for you is the way to go.
    I thought I could never get used to a touchscreen phone, but I love the Incredible.

The best part about android is that it is forcing others not to play catch up but to not rest on their laurels. Kind of what palm did a few years ago and we know their situation
    06-16-10 04:06 PM
    [QUOTE=mjbesen310;4908321]

your clueless. why do you think the Curve is still the number 1 selling phone in the world yet? Followed by the Iphone, then Storm?? RIM has 2 out of 3 of there phones in the top 3 best selling phones in the world

and sicne you hate blackberry, why do you hangout in a blackberry fourm??
    I thought we had already been over this the curve was number 1 ahead of the iPhone because 7 different models were counted as one phone, where as the iPhones were split up into 2 seperate models and still came in second and third respectively. If the consumer reports guys had combined the iPhone like it did with the blackberry curve we all know who would be the number 1 selling smartphone.
    06-16-10 04:30 PM
    [QUOTE=CrackberryBrandon;5246529]

I thought we had already been over this the curve was number 1 ahead of the iPhone because 7 different models were counted as one phone, where as the iPhones were split up into 2 seperate models and still came in second and third respectively. If the consumer reports guys had combined the iPhone like it did with the blackberry curve we all know who would be the number 1 selling smartphone.
    agreed 100%.....add the curve 8320, 8330, etc and compare it to one iphone was crazy, but so is consumer reports....
    06-16-10 04:40 PM
    Android = hype

Iphone = hype

Ummm..... What's this mean?
    06-16-10 05:41 PM
    Ummm..... What's this mean?
    It means that my prediction is as follows: the enthusiasm for those devices, experienced by those who are "wowed" by them, will be short-lived.
    06-16-10 05:45 PM
    It means that my prediction is as follows: the enthusiasm for those devices, experienced by those who are "wowed" by them, will be short-lived.
    Interesting. The hype will be short lived for the older generation or younger? I can see the older generation not caring but these devices are hitting the younger generations, and breaking into the business sector at a nice rate. We will see what happens, but I think Apple and Google aren't going to be dismissing their presence in this market anytime soon.
    06-16-10 06:44 PM
    I love the BB form factor and that's the only reason I'm considering staying with BB. I think it's really good that people are criticizing RIM so hopefully they'll get the message and improve. Lets be honest, the best features of Blackberry (security, OTA sync, shared calendars and push email) is only available if you have BES. I watch HTC, Motorola, and Apple continuously put phones that drastically out perform their predecessor. Droid to Droid X, Eris to Incredible, 3GS to iPhone 4, etc. Faster processors, more memory, higher resolution screens, not to mention how far Android OS has come in such a short amount of time. Mean while RIM releases their "Flagship" Bold 9650 has minor updates compared to the year old Tour (same screen, same basic OS, same CPU running at the same speed). There even starting to lose a bit of ground with battery life, and that's always been a strong point for BB.
    06-16-10 07:04 PM
    hahahahaha!!
    06-16-10 07:07 PM
    People who switch from BB to another brand most likely never needed a Blackberry in the first place.
    well said.
    06-16-10 07:48 PM
    Android and BlackBerrys are very different devices. BlackBerrys are great for communication, battery life, keyboard, and simplicity to use the device. Android are great for having a great browser, games, many apps, free apps, being a navigation device now with google's new service, a fun device, being able to customizing everything, and powerful hardware. Now days when people talk about phones I personally recommend an Android phone. In my opinion if you aren't crazy about email an Android is better. I used to have a BlackBerry Bold and after my second one broke I got a little annoyed went to get an Android and I am much happier.
    06-16-10 07:52 PM
    a Blackberry is like a not so hot chick , but is really good in bed. and Android is like a really hot chick, but terrible in bed. IMO

have you seen the bold 9700? YOWZA
    06-16-10 07:54 PM
    Blackberry!
    06-17-10 09:46 PM
    Blackberry is the best!
    06-17-10 09:58 PM
    However, after using my Eris for 6 wks, I am going back to my Curve. Why? No search feature in Contacts. I have 650 contacts, and I can't friggin do a search. I mean, are you kidding me? You want me to scroll a gazillion times til I reach the right contact to modify? Uh, no. It's also a bit difficult to make a call. My BB has that awesome feature that allows you to program a ph # to a key on the keyboard. The Eris allows for shortcuts on a screen that you touch to dial, and it works too, about 40% of the time. I also am not happy with the touchscreen. In responding to a friend's text or adding a personal note, it's not a big deal. But when responding to an angry work associate's email or smsing with my boss, I NEED that keyboard.
    Some great points! Particularly amusing is the lack of a search feature for contacts on the other device. So much for functionality, lol.
    06-17-10 10:52 PM
    Some great points! Particularly amusing is the lack of a search feature for contacts on the other device. So much for functionality, lol.
    It's so amusing because it's a lie.

06-17-10 11:35 PM
    I've tried the HTC HD2 and it is a nice phone but, who seriously uses their phone as a pc? The battery life is horrible, but for me having that keyboard is a plus. If BB can upgrade its web surfing it can be the best phone.
    08-08-10 10:47 AM
428 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD