Why do some people say Androids are better than Blackberries?
    06-24-11 04:51 PM
    Why? Simple answer, freedom, preference, reliability, & full control of the device by the user (not the manufacturer).
    06-24-11 04:53 PM
    Why? Simple answer, freedom, preference, reliability, & full control of the device by the user (not the manufacturer).
    how they get full control?

I haven't had my blackberry for too long... what can we not control?
    06-24-11 05:03 PM
    06-24-11 05:25 PM
    yes... I guess I was lazy
    06-24-11 05:41 PM
    Worthless link.

Go somewhere other than crackberry.com or an Android site to get a real, unbiased comparison.

Biggest difference is Android is a 100x more customizable. Widgets are awesome. Never mind the tons of apps.
    06-24-11 05:44 PM
    Oh that was a link
    /noob
    06-24-11 05:46 PM
    Worthless link.

Go somewhere other than crackberry.com or an Android site to get a real, unbiased comparison.

Biggest difference is Android is a 100x more customizable. Widgets are awesome. Never mind the tons of apps.
    Agreed those are the good points.

Some of the bad:

Worst battery life of all the major smartphones
    More fragile screens than BlackBerries on lots of the popular devices
    06-24-11 06:03 PM
    How many more of these threads must we create....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-11 06:47 PM
    Agreed those are the good points.

Some of the bad:

Worst battery life of all the major smartphones
    More fragile screens than BlackBerries on lots of the popular devices
    Agree for most. You have to be careful when selecting an Android phone. However, my Dinc2 has awesome battery life and is quite durable. It does not apply to all!

How many more of these threads must we create....

Totally agree!!
    06-24-11 06:59 PM
    Really just prefrence. Not a lot of people want to have to set up a bunch of stuff like you do with Android. Also reliablity is just nonsense. Android phones have tons of issues from each company. More so the company of HTC/Motorola and the like, but they have had plenty of software issues as well. Ask me how I know.

Full control takes rooting your device and again a lot of peeps don't like messing with that. Is good for the tech savvy, but not your general average consumer.

Androids are nice as they have crazy spec's, sharp looking phones and great marketing. That is what a lot of people want.

If these new BB phones would come out, we could start to make a slow comeback, but also need awesome marketing, which we lack a lot of.

Me personally if looking into BB OP, I would hold off till the new ones hit the market.

Or CL a cheap one, I like the 9700 and run with that till QNX phones hit the market.

06-24-11 07:16 PM
    Not bashing at all, but I have had far less issues with my Droid than me last 3 BB's. I would not generalize on that subject at all. All phones can have issues, and many mfg's rush them to market. It is a fact we all live with, but RIM is not immune to this any more than an Android mfg.
    06-24-11 10:25 PM
    Blackberry is more of a business phone where as Android is more of an awesome phone. Android has better apps. DROID X
    06-27-11 03:07 AM
    I spent some quality time with an Android yesterday. Dang, they are nice. Big screen, fast browsing, killer mapping...I like! However, I use my phone way too much and can't afford to be leashed to a power source, I'm quite clumsy with the virtual keypad and FOR SURE I would break the screen (very active - phone always in pocket). For those reasons, I'll continue on with my Blackberry.
    06-27-11 10:13 AM
    I spent some quality time with an Android yesterday. Dang, they are nice. Big screen, fast browsing, killer mapping...I like! However, I use my phone way too much and can't afford to be leashed to a power source, I'm quite clumsy with the virtual keypad and FOR SURE I would break the screen (very active - phone always in pocket). For those reasons, I'll continue on with my Blackberry.
    Hard to beat BB battery life if it has a keyboard. However, the Moto Droid Pro's we have do quite well on battery. As far as a touch screen, my Dinc2 does as good or better than my Storm2, and that is quite good. Most other Droid's however suck the juice quite fast!
    06-27-11 10:22 AM
    The best way to see what the difference is would be to go to the store and spend some time playing with each and seeing what you like. Test the browser, messaging, email,etc...

As has been mentioned, there are better BBs coming out later this year and if you can wait until some time in 2012 there will be even better ones. That being said, there will also be better Android devices as well.
    06-27-11 10:46 AM
    dear god, search the forums before posting!
    06-27-11 11:47 AM
    Better is debatable. I can tell you which one I prefer, and why...
    06-27-11 01:23 PM
    Okay. I have both and really like both. I love the screen size on the Android and all of the apps. I am able to remote into my PC with my Android using TeamViewer. I am able to access my NAS with my Android. I am able to upload photos I take on my Android direct to my PC. And all these apps were free.

What I don't like about my Android is the battery life. It is awful. I have 2 batteries and walk with a wall charger just in case. This sucks.

Apps on the Android are incredible. The Berry is lacking in this area.

Call quality on both are good.

The Blackberry screen is better in bright sunlight believe it or not. The Nexus S screen gets washed out.

The Berry is superior for heavy messaging. I really love both phones.

I use the Berry during the week for business. I always use the Android on weekends and sometimes during the evenings during the week.

I swap the SIM card back and forth.

If I could only have 1, it would be the Berry because I am do heavy messaging and texting. Your circumstances may be different.
    06-27-11 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD