I'm selling my htc desire and considering jumping over to blackberry but I dont know which one to get it was bold 9700 or curve 9300 but the bold has won that but now I'm looking at getting the 9780 but in poor cosmetic condition but I don't know if it's worth it or should I just get a good 9700 instead is the 9780 that much better
    04-13-11 12:16 PM
    the only thing better about the 9780 is more storage internally for Apps and a 5mp camera.

I have done fine with my 9700 shrinking OS6 down to a super reasonable size with BB Boss... even if you want to wait a few months, there are some stellar devices coming out.
    04-13-11 12:18 PM
    Welcome!

I think you might want to provide a few more details about your likes, dislikes, needs, etc. Once you do that, we can help you find the device that is right for you.
    04-13-11 12:18 PM
    if you can hold off a few months blackberry has some really nice products coming out. much more powerful than whats out now.
    04-13-11 12:19 PM
    The Desire is a good phone.
    Since you are already comfortable with a pure touchscreen phone, I would strongly recommend the Torch 9800. Best of both worlds.
    Having said that, you can't go wrong with the Bold 9700 or 9780. Amazing battery life.
    And if you can wait for a few months then look at the new offerings , the Bold Touch or Blackberry Touch. Better specs and 6.1 OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 12:21 PM
    I would wait, if possible.
    I have a 9700, a 9300 and a refurbished Torch - my favourite is the Torch. Love the use of the touchscreen and the keypad.
    I'm jumping on the Bold Touch *and* the Torch 2.

Can you wait for a few months?

04-13-11 12:38 PM
    I also recomend waiting for a few months if you can.

If you want to get into BB right away while waiting for the new releases maybe buy a good used or refurbished "low end" phone.

I know eBay has reasonably priced 83xx phones. It's an older but still very useable device. You could then keep it for a back up after you get your new device.

04-13-11 12:55 PM
    Cheers to be honest I need the cash that's why I'm selling my desire so won't have the money for a new model plus I'm due an upgrade in 8 months so want something till then and I've never owned a BB so thought I'd try one see if I can be turned so its either good condition 9700 or poor 9780 looked at storm2 but don't think it will come anywhere near this as a touchscreen phone

04-13-11 02:04 PM
    Get the 9700 for sure. Stay away from anything called Storm. I love my BB but the Storm series was absoulte cr@p.
    I saw from some users here that the 9780 had less battery than the the 9700. There is not a lot to diffrentiate between the 9700 and 9780. So if you want to save $$$ and have a good BB then you can't go wrong with the 9700.

04-13-11 02:22 PM
    If you can't wait then get the 9780 and you could always try replacing the housing if its just cosmetic damage. IMO you shoud definitely wait for the new line of BB as there going to be "beastly" compared to what they have out now.
    04-13-11 02:31 PM
    Welcome to the world of BlackBerries! May you enjoy your stay .
    As to your question, I got the 9300 for it's amazing price, but between the 9700 and the 9780 I'd pick the 9700, simply because I'm not a "used material" person. If it's new but in damage, repair the housing as another CrackBerrian stated on the first page.

04-13-11 02:58 PM
    Get the 9780 if you can, otherwise the 9700 should do just fine!
    04-13-11 03:12 PM
    Good condition 9700 would be my choice!
    04-14-11 11:01 AM
    I'm selling my htc desire and considering jumping over to blackberry but I dont know which one to get it was bold 9700 or curve 9300 but the bold has won that but now I'm looking at getting the 9780 but in poor cosmetic condition but I don't know if it's worth it or should I just get a good 9700 instead is the 9780 that much better
    Hi there i recently sold my htc Desire for around 166 with O2 recycle. I got a Curve 3g as my wife has one and i had owned a 8320 previously and knew i would like it.

The problem i found though was jumping from a Desire to a Curve was a little to far and i ended up trading in the brand new Curve for a second hand 9780 at the CEX shop for a "B" grade (very small scratch and leather case missing), good condition one at 265.

I am now very happy and i do not miss the Desire or Android os at all. The only thing i liked more about the Desire was the screen for internet viewing ect.
    Last edited by coopsuk; 04-14-11 at 11:30 AM. Reason: pricing
    04-14-11 11:17 AM
    Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing nice to hear someone who's had a good experience moving from android to BB makes me a bit less nervous

Hi there i recently sold my htc Desire for around 166 with O2 recycle. I got a Curve 3g as my wife has one and i had owned a 8320 previously and knew i would like it.

The problem i found though was jumping from a Desire to a Curve was a little to far and i ended up trading in the brand new Curve for a second hand 9780 at the CEX shop for a "B" grade (very small scratch and leather case missing), good condition one at 265.

I am now very happy and i do not miss the Desire or Android os at all. The only thing i liked more about the Desire was the screen for internet viewing ect.
    04-14-11 11:44 AM
    Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing nice to hear someone who's had a good experience moving from android to BB makes me a bit less nervous
    I am very happy as i tried touchscreen and android but realised it was not for me! I wanted good old buttons back and only a Blackberry under them, the app store i think is not as well stocked especially with Android having so many free apps.

The resolution of the Curve 3g compared to the Desire is quite poor but the 9700/9780 has a very nice sharp look to it.

One other thing i missed was Sky remote record which was a free app on Android but does not work on Blackberry, there is a link flying around as its been taken down off the app store but it does not function with most BB's.

If you have any other Questions about it all let me know and good luck with your decision!
    04-14-11 11:53 AM
    I am very happy as i tried touchscreen and android but realised it was not for me! I wanted good old buttons back and only a Blackberry under them, the app store i think is not as well stocked especially with Android having so many free apps.

The resolution of the Curve 3g compared to the Desire is quite poor but the 9700/9780 has a very nice sharp look to it.

One other thing i missed was Sky remote record which was a free app on Android but does not work on Blackberry, there is a link flying around as its been taken down off the app store but it does not function with most BB's.

If you have any other Questions about it all let me know and good luck with your decision!
    Yeah but I have got an ipod touch 64gb for all my touchscreen goodness so won't miss out too much

04-14-11 12:26 PM
    Yeah but I have got an ipod touch 64gb for all my touchscreen goodness so won't miss out too much
    I think the 9700/9780 is for you then, i am quite confident you will not be dissapointed!
    04-14-11 12:30 PM
    I think the 9700/9780 is for you then, i am quite confident you will not be dissapointed!
    Yeah I just need a buyer for my desire

04-14-11 02:05 PM
    Yeah I just need a buyer for my desire
    As i said i sent mine off to O2 Recycle and i got a reasonable 166 for it.
    04-14-11 03:11 PM
    Right just thought I'd post on here that I've made my choice and my bold 9780 will be here sometime next week am a bit apprehensive letting go of my baby (htc desire) but the damage has now been done is there anything I need to do when I get it as its used off ebay and I have no idea how to use blackberrys

04-16-11 04:16 AM
    You dont really need to worry about anything, i got mine from the CEX shop and i just hooked it up to desktop manager and moved my BB settings across.

Maybe you could type out a few emails or texts to make sure it does not have the "double key input" issue as seen here: Double key entery thread

After you are happy with it then you could have a look around here: leaked OS

And most importantly enjoy your great choice!
    04-16-11 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD