Hee, hee....I once loaded Google Maps...I had it for all of five minutes!!!!
    I installed firefox onto a desktop machine inside the building that stayed hidden there for about 4 months.

I found a loop hole in Lotus notes to sync my calendar to a webbased calendar then back to an outlook calendar for almost a year before that hole was fixed

I was given a new notebook 2 weeks ago, this one is VERY locked down right now, wont even give me CMD access... yet
    09-17-11 07:11 PM
    Not really.

I ensure my value is such that when I stir the pot, it will be overlooked

LOL!!!! I believe THAT!!!!
    09-17-11 07:11 PM
    I installed firefox onto a desktop machine inside the building that stayed hidden there for about 4 months.

I found a loop hole in Lotus notes to sync my calendar to a webbased calendar then back to an outlook calendar for almost a year before that hole was fixed

I was given a new notebook 2 weeks ago, this one is VERY locked down right now, wont even give me CMD access... yet
    Rebel without a pause!

09-17-11 07:45 PM
    If one goes on an Internet search of Scarlett Jo's phone that was "hacked" most sites say it was an iPhone that was hacked, OR cloud storage service but when a device is mentioned as her current device it has been an iPhone

also if you go and check the Celebrity Blackberry sighting website
    Celebrity BlackBerry Sightings you wont find her name on it
    you can actually see her bold 9000 phone in the picture, did you look at it? as well as the picture itself showing it was taken with a bold 9000, what is the argument?

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2011/09/scarlett3.jpg

it's safe to say the crackberry celebrity sightings needs to be updated then
    Last edited by katiepea; 09-17-11 at 07:56 PM.
    09-17-11 07:51 PM
    you can actually see her bold 9000 phone in the picture, did you look at it? as well as the picture itself showing it was taken with a bold 9000, what is the argument?

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2011/09/scarlett3.jpg

it's safe to say the crackberry celebrity sightings needs to be updated then
    Her Allure photo shoot was in 2006. The Bold 9000 was released in July 2007 so that is not a bold 9000 she is holding.
    Last edited by izzachar; 09-17-11 at 08:16 PM.
    09-17-11 08:14 PM
    I only see boobs.
    09-17-11 08:20 PM
    The picture shows a phone. The picture does not show the phone being hacked. The picture does not prove anything.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 09-17-11 at 08:41 PM.
    09-17-11 08:35 PM
    Her Allure photo shoot was in 2006. The Bold 9000 was released in July 2007 so that is not a bold 9000 she is holding.
    Actually it's worse than that....the original Bold was released in 2009, I think.

But really, nowhere on the article does it say that her BB was hacked. Not even DM.
    09-17-11 08:39 PM
    Why would I want Blockbuster, Skype, Google Maps, and at least half a dozen others running? Its been a bit since I had that Droid X, but it was killing me to have all that crapola running and not be able to close it. I guess I don't understand how a bunch of internet connected apps running all the time doesn't use up ram and most importantly, battery life. I assure you, there's no way to close down the list of apps that I didn't want or use. Trying to close Skype for example was the only time in my life I've ever even touched Skype. I really wish I could remember the list of stuff, it was kind of long. I don't feel I should have to root my phone to remove or simply close them.

Lack of basic software control was my bad experience with Droid. I shouldn't have to either root my phone or use specialized apps to simply close or remove other software from my device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 08:41 PM
    I only see boobs.
    ...Does seem to kinda overshadow the Bold a bit. Not complaining, but your point is dead-on

09-17-11 08:42 PM
    Why would I want Blockbuster, Skype, Google Maps, and at least half a dozen others running? Its been a bit since I had that Droid X, but it was killing me to have all that crapola running and not be able to close it. I guess I don't understand how a bunch of internet connected apps running all the time doesn't use up ram and most importantly, battery life. I assure you, there's no way to close down the list of apps that I didn't want or use. Trying to close Skype for example was the only time in my life I've ever even touched Skype. I really wish I could remember the list of stuff, it was kind of long. I don't feel I should have to root my phone to remove or simply close them.

Lack of basic software control was my bad experience with Droid. I shouldn't have to either root my phone or use specialized apps to simply close or remove other software from my device.

I am able to shut down all those apps.

Having said that... I actually agree with you: I think it should be easier to do away with bloatware in an easier fashion. While rooting IS ridiculously easy, some folks don't want to be bothered.
    09-17-11 08:54 PM

they do use up RAM, apparently you read 0 of the content suggested to you and don't know what you're talking about. it's not 2007 anymore, your phone using memory is a good thing it makes everything run faster, especially apps you use a lot, android has a task manager, so your "assurance" is incorrect. the task manager which lets you close any service running, even system services is under settings/ and doesn't require root to use, it's built in
    09-17-11 09:02 PM
    this has nothing to do with anything that has been discussed, the issue was raised as to whether or not she was a blackberry user, as you can see she was, and from the leaked pictures of her, not only can you clearly see the bold 9000, but the data from the PICTURES THEMSELVES show a bold 9000 as the device that took the pictures. why is anyone arguing this? it's blatent. this has nothing to do with the phone being hacked. sheesh people.
    09-17-11 09:04 PM
    I know on my Bolt that apps I never use do not run in the background. I have checked. Friend Stream, Skype, News App for example. They all are forced stopped automatically.

I know I *can also force stop other apps but I have no reason to. My Bolt runs super fast! Whatever IS running back there is not affecting the speed of this device. No lags or slowness. I have quite a few apps too .

09-17-11 09:06 PM
    I know on my Bolt that apps I never use do not run in the background. I have checked. Friend Stream, Skype, News App for example. They all are forced stopped automatically.

I know I *can also force stop other apps but I have no reason to. My Bolt runs super fast! Whatever IS running back there is not affecting the speed of this device. No lags or slowness. I have quite a few apps too .

I have found out that most people that are overly bothered by "running" apps on Android are BB users who don't understand how Android works. I don't mean that as insult... I was the same way. BB's spinning hourglass made me very weary of apps!

ATK was made for old BB users... it's the most unneeded app on Android.
    09-17-11 09:14 PM
    I have found out that most people that are overly bothered by "running" apps on Android are BB users who don't understand how Android works. I don't mean that as insult... I was the same way. BB's spinning hourglass made me very weary of apps!

ATK was made for old BB users... it's the most unneeded app on Android.
    Agreed. I brought old BlackBerry habits to my Android. For the first month with my Bolt I did daily battery pull or soft reset. Took me a bit to realize I don't need to do that.

Same with after installing an app.

Now I don't pull the battery unless something is locked up. That happened three times or so so far in 6 months.
    09-17-11 09:22 PM
    In 10 months, I have only opened my battery case once: when I was trying out a clear battery case. I was so good at doing that on BB I could do it with one hand!
    09-17-11 09:25 PM
    this has nothing to do with anything that has been discussed,

it has everything to do with your inaccurate claims

the issue was raised as to whether or not she was a blackberry user, as you can see she was, and from the leaked pictures of her, not only can you clearly see the bold 9000,

Which picture(s) are you referring to that CLEARLY show her using a Bold 9000??

but the data from the PICTURES THEMSELVES show a bold 9000 as the device that took the pictures.

Again you are inaccurate and even at odds with the article you posted as your "proof". The article clearly states that only ONE of the pictures was taken with a Bold 9000, the other was taken with a different phone.

why is anyone arguing this? it's blatent. this has nothing to do with the phone being hacked. sheesh people.
    It is being argued because you are making claims contrary to what the article you posted as proof actually says. And the claims for the pictures you posted claiming to show her holding a Bold 9000 are not supported by the facts.

You seem to have some kind of emotional element to your argument rather than a factual and logical one. A person with less emotional involvement in their argument might stop and think there may be something wrong with their argument when they contradict the very things they are presenting as proof.
    09-17-11 09:50 PM
    what claims did i make that were inaccurate again? i said she took the pictures with a bold 9000, then provided evidence that supports that, which nobody has provided any to the contrary. this has nothing to do with emotions, it only has to do with people nitpicking little details about things that are irrelevant. please point me to where i said something that isn't true.
    09-17-11 09:53 PM
    Agreed. I brought old BlackBerry habits to my Android. For the first month with my Bolt I did daily battery pull or soft reset. Took me a bit to realize I don't need to do that.

Same with after installing an app.

Now I don't pull the battery unless something is locked up. That happened three times or so so far in 6 months.
    Both my sons have the LG Optimus S, the one that has had his for almost a year has done 3 battery pulls in that time. the other who just got his in May just did his first battery pull yesterday.
    09-17-11 09:53 PM
    what claims did i make that were inaccurate again? i said she took the pictures with a bold 9000, then provided evidence that supports that, which nobody has provided any to the contrary. this has nothing to do with emotions, it only has to do with people nitpicking little details about things that are irrelevant. please point me to where i said something that isn't true.
    You claim that some picture somewhere CLEARLY shows her with a Bold 9000. I must have missed it can you post it or point me to it?

You keep saying Pictures PLURAL when the article you posted CLEARLY states Picture singular taken with a Bold 9000.

You are adamant that her Blackberry was hacked yet your source for proof does not say that, in fact it states it is most likely the pictures were obtained from a hacked email account or a back up service online.

You see these things as "nit picky" But as a trained professional investigator I call it accuracy and attention to detail.

I don't know what you do for a living but it is obvious that accuracy and attention to detail are not part of whatever you do. you treat facts like horseshoes thinking close is good enough
    09-17-11 10:01 PM
    You claim that some picture somewhere CLEARLY shows her with a Bold 9000. I must have missed it can you post it or point me to it?

You keep saying Pictures PLURAL when the article you posted CLEARLY states Picture singular taken with a Bold 9000.

You are adamant that her Blackberry was hacked yet your source for proof does not say that, in fact it states it is most likely the pictures were obtained from a hacked email account or a back up service online.

You see these things as "nit picky" But as a trained professional investigator I call it accuracy and attention to detail.

I don't know what you do for a living but it is obvious that accuracy and attention to detail are not part of whatever you do. you treat facts like horseshoes thinking close is good enough
    yes pictures there were to pictures taken shown here:

both were taken with a bold 9000, exif data for the photos here:
    � Scarlet Johansson Leaked Photos EXIF Data Mobile Privacy & Security

i never said her blackberry was hacked anywhere, i simply said to the people saying she didn't use a blackberry they may want to check out those sources which show that she DID indeed use a blackberry. i never said her BB was hacked.

so you see, nothing you just said is accurate, what else was i not wrong about?
    09-17-11 10:09 PM
    yes pictures there were to pictures taken shown here:

both were taken with a bold 9000, exif data for the photos here:
    � Scarlet Johansson Leaked Photos EXIF Data Mobile Privacy & Security

i never said her blackberry was hacked anywhere, i simply said to the people saying she didn't use a blackberry they may want to check out those sources which show that she DID indeed use a blackberry. i never said her BB was hacked.

so you see, nothing you just said is accurate, what else was i not wrong about?
    You mean other than the fact that the article clearly states,

The second photo that shows Johansson�s backside was not taken with the same phone

Your proof article says that the picture you just posted as "CLEAR" prrof she is using a Bold 9000 was taken with ANOTHER phone, not the bold 900o the other picture was taken with.

What part of that don't you understand? why in the face of the plainly worded article do you maintain BOTH pictures were taken with the Bold 9000???

And if you tried to present that fuzzy out of focus pic as proof the phone she is holding is a Bold 9000 you would be laughed out of court.
    09-17-11 10:23 PM
    i suppose technically you could void and IT policy, but if you do you shouldn't be able to authenticate on the server after it's gone, unless the root break's it's encryption, which would be news everywhere, as were the recent SSL spoof hacks, which is really a pretty big deal and should have gotten more attention.
    Of course you wouldn't be able to use it, which would put the phone into an unusable state as far as a work environment is concerned, which is the premise of the article - Android security on the same level as a BB. In order to be a secure Android device, which is a non sequitur at the moment, it would have to be immune to any hacks.
    09-17-11 10:26 PM
    You mean other than the fact that the article clearly states,

The second photo that shows Johansson�s backside was not taken with the same phone

Your proof article says that the picture you just posted as "CLEAR" prrof she is using a Bold 9000 was taken with ANOTHER phone, not the bold 900o the other picture was taken with.

What part of that don't you understand? why in the face of the plainly worded article do you maintain BOTH pictures were taken with the Bold 9000???

And if you tried to present that fuzzy out of focus pic as proof the phone she is holding is a Bold 9000 you would be laughed out of court.
    look at the pictures man, i can't believe this discussion is even going this far, you're trying so hard to say i'm wrong about something that's extremely clear. look at the pictures, do they look like the same camera to you? they sure do to me, they're both taken in the same room, same wallpaper, same bed cover, same fogginess to the photos, i just posted a picture IN THE POST, that shows they were taken with the same camera. even if they WEREN'T the same camera this has nothing to do with anything other than more nitpicking, in the picture where you can see her bold the data shows it was taken with a bold, which is all i was trying to say. for christ sakes man, would you like to debate the color of the sky next?
    09-17-11 10:27 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD