Nah. It is going backwards..BB10 is the best.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 01:06 PM
    Nah. It is going backwards..BB10 is the best.

Posted via CB10
    And will no longer be added to new devices, because it's basically EOL.
    02-14-17 01:28 PM
    No Passports have been manufactured for over a year already. And Android does not support 1:1 screen ratios (and as a licensee, BB is required to follow such guidelines).

But as this thread proves, BB fans don't even agree with each other - everyone wants a different device than everyone else. That's one of the reasons BB struggled so much with their hardware business in the first place.
    Thet Passport 1:1 opens up the vault of billions of old TV 4:3 ratio tv shows, and archivist/movies/photos back to the beginning of the moving and still pictures,perfectly on its screen (they should be in every Library-home and school (LOL)).

If you count those as apps, then The Passport would have the biggest app store of anyone, (LOL)They can then slightly inflate the numbers like the rest, confusing useful really productive, with just total number of apps :-) - which movie/tv vault owner should they make a BB10 app for? (Warner Bros/Sony?). Youtube looks fine too.

Letterboxing doesn't bother me (for entertainment), as long as that wide-screen makes reading documents and web-pages better. iPhone user was impressed with the web page views through the Passport.

Slider( imaginary )Passport would be something, will still fit in your shirt/jacket/purse/t-shirt (okay a little heavy for the t-shirt, but if one is in shape- you could handle it) pocket or belt, or just go Full Priv long, but Passport wide(which it nearly is if you put the keyboard on the slide), entertainment/creative/and visually challenged would like it, some business people maybe not so much - though if they could ditch their tablet maybe even them.
    Not everyone still wants to drive the model-T, some variety is fine, and there are still a variety of Automobile Brands out there, last time i checked. Complete monopolizing not a good thing. I don't think BlackBerry practiced that back in its heyday.
    04-10-17 04:07 PM
    Hello Everyone,

Is there a way i can load any android os on my blackberry passport. Been searching for stuff online could not find a accurate result. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    04-16-17 12:23 AM
    Hello Everyone,

Is there a way i can load any android os on my blackberry passport. Been searching for stuff online could not find a accurate result. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    You can't.
    04-16-17 12:26 AM
    You can't.
    Thank you.
    04-16-17 12:26 AM
    I certainly agree with an Android Passport, but if I have a choice my favorite would be going with a slightly larger Torch!!! A great design, recessed screen, full screen and snapping open the pkb, OMG be still my heart! Why just to have BB10 on a Torch! Wow! I'd buy that in a heart beat!!!!!!

I don't game and if I watch a video it's usually youtube. But with a full size screen on Torch u have it all, Torch would kick Priv's azz!!!
    Last edited by EndRacism; 04-16-17 at 11:49 AM.
    04-16-17 11:34 AM
    The KEYone is a passport with a different ratio and the priv is an slider passport
    04-17-17 10:56 AM
    The KEYone is a passport with a different ratio and the priv is an slider passport
    I don't think any fans of the "wide" Passport... would see it that way.
    04-17-17 11:06 AM
    Hello Everyone,

Wasn't Rick's tool mentioned on another thread?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 05:59 PM
    Wasn't Rick's tool mentioned on another thread?

Posted via CB10
    I was just going to say the same thing lol

Please don't mention Rick's Tools.

That dude Ryder might pop up. Lol

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    04-17-17 06:07 PM
    Hello Everyone,

No, you can't remove BBOS10 and No, you can't install any Android OS om a Passport. But, you can run many Android Apps on a Passport. Amazon Apps Store comes installed on Passport. Also you can do a search for; Crackberry, Cobalt, Landing, Page. Cobalt has 4 Android APK's that you download on your phone, then go into Downloads and tap on them to install. With Cobalt you'll end up with the Google Play Store on your phone. Most third party Apps run fine, Google Apps like Maps need tweaked, Cobalt's Landing Page has all the details. On my Passport I use these Android Apps, firefox, Spectrum/Comcast/Time Warner Guide, Dolphine Browser, Key Ring, Crackberry Android App, and several other.
    04-17-17 06:55 PM
    ****Apps run as long as the ART requirement for the app is 4.3 or lower.
    04-17-17 08:59 PM
    As many have stated, it's the screen ratio and other little technical bits. I'll also have you know that I certainly would not be interested in purchasing an Android-powered Passport. Needs to be BlackBerry 10.
    04-18-17 09:37 PM
    Unfortunately BB10 is dead. I would buy an Android Passport no matter how much it cost. As long as it's 2D dimensions are the same as a Passport, and square as ***k. I personally rank the Passport as my #1 favorite phone ever made. So far, Key2 is #2 . For reference, Q10 is #3 .
    Stasjuk likes this.
    08-20-18 03:03 AM
    Hello Everyone,

Sure you can. How much do you have to spend? Figure six figures at least. Someone would likely need way more skills than your average user and you would likely have to rebuild hardware and software.

Oh, and there would likely be license fees too. I bet I am leaving stuff out - but you get the idea.
    08-20-18 12:43 PM
41 12