Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
09-18-14 02:40 PM
195 12345 ...
tools
    Android one is still Android, not BlackBerry 10. Android one is mainly targeted for first time smartphone users,entry level.
    Here in India, what I believe is : 2 kinds of people prefers BlackBerry.
    1) Loyal Fans addicted to bb10
    2) Those who want to try a new platform after getting of bored of Android.

A new smartphone user will never go for Z3. That's where android One lies. Different Class.
    Thats My opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Emerging market are about low prices if they want a premium phone they buy an Iphone certainly not a Blackberry
    09-16-14 01:36 PM
    Emerging market are about low prices if they want a premium phone they buy an Iphone certainly not a Blackberry
    A Blackberry Z3 at $200 USD is certainly not premium. If someone wants a solid mid-range phone at a fair price then the Z3 is a strong option. I'd rather have BB try to capture the more affluent customers in emerging markets.
    09-16-14 01:39 PM
    Android ONE
    Screen: 4.5-inch (854x480p, 218ppi)

Z3
    Screem: 5-inch (960x540, 220ppi)

faster processor, more ram, better screen, more built in mem...
    better, better, better, more... etc... = more $
    99 % of phone buyers in those areas look at price and not specs.
    09-16-14 01:42 PM
    BlackBerry 10 experience is that experience which you should be proud of, because it's feels special, unique & royal when you use it, I don't understand how someone could compare it with Android One! Seriously! I never found Android UI so interesting! Yes I love the Android devices but the UI yuck... Feels boring.. I don't know how people lived these years with that virtual buttons on those smartphones like Nexus!!! #BlackBerry is way more ahead of everyone! Only a fool would compare it with the Android One! #ichooseBlackBerry10 #forever

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    09-16-14 01:43 PM
    I wonder what would happen to the Porsche brand if they lowered their prices? I would imagine that it would significantly devalue it, and that in turn may drive customers away.
    it is already devalued since they are selling a $40k car
    09-16-14 01:50 PM
    Sir plz see the price of android one sets, half of Z3.

And how will u compare Xiaomi Mi3 with Z3, which have the same pricing.
    i wouldn't compare them... i have no idea what a Xiaomi is. it can be an iphone 6 in a xiaomi case for all i care, at the end of the day, its still a "xiaomi"

Hyundai has been putting Mercedes-Benz features in their cars for years, you think MB board got together and said, "we need to drop our prices so we can compete w/ the Hyundai Genesis"
    no, they didnt.. and they wont.

BlackBerry as a "brand" has a reputation.

same specs, identical body devices with BlackBerry logo will still be "worth" more than Xiaomi logo.
    david7saad likes this.
    09-16-14 02:09 PM
    So only 1% buy iPhones or other "Premium" device? If so, BB should pull out of those markets now, as 99% of the people will be buying the cheapest phone some company will be willing to take a loss on while the remaining 1% will be split among every remaining vendor including BB with its mid range Z3 offering. How sure are you of your figures?
    Last edited by jhimmel; 09-16-14 at 02:20 PM.
    09-16-14 02:10 PM
    which one is that? their cheapest 'vehicle' is a Macan suv that starts at $50k before destination charge.
    which is a BEAUTIFUL vehicle, may i add!
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-16-14 02:13 PM
    With the launch of Android one, the same stuff will be available at half rates then what BlackBerry Z3 is offerring.

BlackBerry wrong pricing strategy again.
    And they are never going to accept it.

They will give lame excuses that they are not a handset company, they sell softwares.
    They target enterprise people.
    Here in India, new delhi, I hardly find any organization giving BlackBerry to its employees.

Then they will boast about security, which only 0.5 percent in world population worries about, as that is the share of BlackBerry in world.

So they never accept their facts.

Iphone 6 has sold 40 lacs ph in 24 hrs, BlackBerry passport will never be even near to it.
    Still they will never correct pricing even partnering with Foxconn.

Help BlackBerry to Help us.
    Do you have some insider information that we're not aware of? You know for sure that the pricing of the One will be half of the Z3? Do you actually know what the North American pricing will be of the Z20 (LTE Z3) when it's launched here later this year? If so, please share!
    09-16-14 02:14 PM
    this is a silly comment. price is driven by specs... so i would imagine that an average person than understands the value of money will understand that better specs = more $.
    09-16-14 02:17 PM
    The boxster is 40K now? Can you please send a link so I can buy a couple?
    Is there no price difference between an iPhone and a Z30 in those markets? Are you saying that there are only two groups of people - those that will pay for an iPhone, and the rest just want the cheapest phone possible? If so, it's a lost market for BB, because they will never be either one of those. But perhaps there is room for a mid-range device that is different from the rest? I guess John Chen will find out.
    BB10 can't scale down to work on a $100 phone. I would argue that Android can't either, so that is why their cheap phones are horrible.

OP, are you are proposing that BlackBerry sell a $200 device for $100 and eat $100 on each and every phone they sell? Let's see... 2 million phones at $100 loss each equals... a $200 million dollar loss! Try selling that to the shareholders of a struggling company whose primary focus has shifted to services and enterprise.

Do you think the consumers in the $100 phone segment are going to buy any other BlackBerry services, thus compensating for the loss? Doubtful. Do you think these same customers are decision makers in large enterprise? Doubtful. Do you think these customers will remain loyal to BlackBerry and purchase a more expensive phone later? Doubtful.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1xxx
    09-16-14 02:24 PM
    BlackBerry killed the Z3.....

Don't see much activity in the Z3 forums nor in Google Trends in any of the markets where it has launched.... curves and bold are still trending higher that the Z10, Z3 isn't even on the list.

And I'm afraid that more money does not equal better specs in the BlackBerry world... so that argument is out the window. Some may give a device some added value for the BlackBerry name. But ultimately a $200 ($225, $260) BlackBerry Z3 compared to a $125 Android device that REALLY can run Android Apps... is going to fall flate on it's face - brand name or not..
    09-16-14 02:25 PM
    I think people forget that, for better or worse, BB is selling not just a handset, but a complete in-house developed OS to go with it. They will never be able to compete on low price with a company that is willing to accept razor thin margins (or a loss) with God knows what components and manufacturing process, who is then just sticking Android OS on the thing. That could very well result in a product that is good enough for many people, at a price that is too attractive to ignore. However, that is never going to be a space that BB could, or should, compete in - and it's certainly not their road to riches. They need to salvage and rebuild the brand, and sell to those who want something else and can pay for it. Slugging it out at the bottom is not going to save the company, nor will it reflect well on their brand. Do people really think that is the right path to take?
    09-16-14 02:33 PM
    It's competition people. Now up to BlackBerry and FoxComm to figure out how to deliver Z3 or its successor for less. And then Android will respond.
    09-16-14 02:51 PM
    BB10 can't scale down to work on a $100 phone. I would argue that Android can't either, so that is why their cheap phones are horrible.
    It's entirely possible that BlackBerry (or Google) can continue to fine-tune their OS. Correspondingly, parts prices and manufacturing costs will continue to drop
    09-16-14 02:52 PM
    If Z3 is Android one target, it's doom!! It better off target other more popular made in China brands. Not like Z3 is dominating the lower price market to begin with.
    09-16-14 03:08 PM
    I never will, I am just disappointed with BlackBerry on their pricing.
    So you're saying that BB should sell the Z3 for less than $200 OUTRIGHT??? how much do you want it for $50?????
    09-16-14 04:30 PM
    Please remember they're not just "sticking Android on it" - they're sticking AOSP on it, which is a stripped-down open source OS, there's no Google Maps, no Gmail, no Google (etc.)....? I'm no Android nerd so I dunno all the differences but the info is out there on the net. This is not Android like you get on most other phones, so beyond the cheapie hardware specs, it's also not the same OS.

Richard
    09-16-14 04:33 PM
    Doesn't this thread belong in the Android forums.
    To the OP, want an Android, go for. I'll stick with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DLewis13; 09-16-14 at 05:54 PM.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    09-16-14 04:33 PM
    With the launch of Android one, the same stuff will be available at half rates then what BlackBerry Z3 is offerring.

BlackBerry wrong pricing strategy again.
    And they are never going to accept it.

They will give lame excuses that they are not a handset company, they sell softwares.
    They target enterprise people.
    Here in India, new delhi, I hardly find any organization giving BlackBerry to its employees.

Then they will boast about security, which only 0.5 percent in world population worries about, as that is the share of BlackBerry in world.

So they never accept their facts.

Iphone 6 has sold 40 lacs ph in 24 hrs, BlackBerry passport will never be even near to it.
    Still they will never correct pricing even partnering with Foxconn.

Help BlackBerry to Help us.
    "So I never accept their facts".

Fixed that for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:47 PM
    Lol OP. I have no interest at all with android one.
    I'm using blackberry z3 right now, good camera quality from foxconn (you know who foxconn is), front camera is good for selfie, rear camera can record video 1080p and NOW on my new os 10.3.0.1154 it has 720p 60FPS video recording. BlackBerry will always serve its users through the latest software update. How about battery life? Android one just have 1700mah, rite? Z3? It has 2500mah and it will kick your ***.

BlackBerry Z3 OS 10.3.0.1154
    09-16-14 05:19 PM
    this is a silly comment. price is driven by specs... so i would imagine that an average person than understands the value of money will understand that better specs = more $.
    Might want to narrow that down to Android pricing for specs,and even that has some exceptions.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 05:32 PM
    Great posts here, but think OP is trolling.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 05:47 PM
195 12345 ...