That's a modified version of android, cynogen mod I think? I know my stuff dude. How about the 95% of the other people using android? That's a B'S andswer

iP5, iPad2, Q10, Z30, and soon passport!
    Haha, so now you're gonna pretend that you were only talking about vanilla Android? Probably 99% of Android devices sold run modified versions of Android.

What a hilarious attempt to save face. Just admit that you were wrong.
    09-18-14 01:45 PM
    Since you obviously don't know what what's happening in the world of Android, here is a pro tip for ya. The OnePlus One ships with the ability to edit application permissions straight out of the box. Sorry bud, but ya picked the wrong person to spread that misinformation to.
    If you wake up and use logic you'll realise Google is a search engine first and foremost. In business we call it the "core" business. Every other business you diversify into is to feed your core business.

Get the picture?

09-18-14 01:45 PM
    Yeah right. Prove it.

About apple not collecting data?

49:90 onwards. See if you can find an excuse for this.

Dude, are you alright? Lol I never once said anything at all about Apple collecting data.

Calm down some.
    09-18-14 01:46 PM
    Haha, so now you're gonna pretend that you were only talking about vanilla Android? Probably 99% of Android devices sold run modified versions of Android.

What a hilarious attempt to save face. Just admit that you were wrong.
    You are being ridiculous, every phone from LG, samsung, sony, hua wei, lenovo, Asus and every other company besides maybe xiao mii and oppo cannot change permissions. So your point is moot.

09-18-14 01:47 PM
    What makes you think that about Apple? I never saod squat about them. They all collect data though.

It just cracks me up when people get on CrackBerry and complain about data collection. A lot of you people would probably freak out if you had any clue about how much information about you can be gathered from Google Analytics and the other goodies that are being used on CrackBerry and pretty much any popular website. CrackBerry collects user data! Besides that, ISPs keep track of pretty much everything you do.

Bottom line, getting on the internet and then complaining about companies collecting data from you is about as stupid as gets.
    I think you need to check your brain and read your first paragraph.

09-18-14 01:48 PM
    Dude, are you alright? Lol I never once said anything at all about Apple collecting data.

Calm down some.
    You must have the iq of an egg. If you can answer me why all the major electronics manufacturer (98%) besides xiao mii and oppo (2 % or less) CANNOT modify app permissions then you'll have a point.

Other I'm not entertaining this dribble.

09-18-14 01:49 PM
    You are being ridiculous, every phone from LG, samsung, sony, hua wei, lenovo, Asus and every other company besides maybe xiao mii and oppo cannot change permissions. So your point is moot.

You said that "no Android user can edit application permissions" and you were wrong. Here is your exact words:

If you are so clever tell me why no android users can choose what permissions are given to any given app? Why does an android video game need my location data?

Of course you can root a device allowing you to bypass the needed permissions to run an app but it's not there by default and 95 percent of the world android users won't know.

You were wrong. The OnePlus One is a Android phone. The boot screen even says "Powered by Android". I can and do edit application permissions with my OnePlus One. The feature is native. No root needed.

That's not being ridiculous, I'm simply correcting you.
    09-18-14 01:52 PM
    You said that "no Android user can edit application permissions" and you were wrong.

The OnePlus One is a Android phone. The boot screen even says "Powered by Android".

That's not being ridiculous, I'm simply correcting you.
    Still lame answer and you know it. Oppo and xiaomii are the EXCEPTIONS TO THE NORM. Google doesn't have any power in china. Thus why it's so.

BTW: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0GB0WY20140811

Reuters good enough for you?

Oppo just hasn't been cought yet but you can bet your panties they are collecting data from that Chinese made phone to their servers in china.

Get a clue mate.

09-18-14 01:55 PM
    You must have the iq of an egg. If you can answer me why all the major electronics manufacturer (98%) besides xiao mii and oppo (2 % or less) CANNOT modify app permissions then you'll have a point.

Wow, you're resorting to personal attacks now? Man you take being proven wrong on the internet very badly.
    09-18-14 02:00 PM
    Wow, you're resorting to personal attacks now? Man you take being proven wrong on the internet very badly.
    My god you still on that? Okay so you can change permissions on oppo. I give you that.

So I'm wrong for saying all android users cannot change permissions. Only 98% of them cant.

Happy? Ppffftttt

09-18-14 02:02 PM
    My god you still on that? Okay so you can change permissions on oppo. I give you that.

No I'm wrong for all android users cannot change permissions. Only 98% of them cant.

Happy? Ppffftttt

You're even wrong in this comment. Oppo? What's that got to do with the OnePlus One or OPO? Lol

I may be clueless and have the IQ of an egg in your opinion, but geez, at least I know that Oppo isn't the same thing as a OnePlus One. Oppo doesn't have a device that runs CM stock, so it probably doesn't make a device that can edit application permissions either.
    09-18-14 02:04 PM
    You're even wrong in this comment. Oppo? What's that got to do with the OnePlus One or OPO? Lol

I may be clueless and have the IQ of an egg in your opinion, but geez, at least I know that Oppo isn't the same thing as a OnePlus One.
    Fine name whatever Chinese android phone you like there's so many of them I can't keep track. But doesn't change my point that 98% of android users can't change app permissions.

If Google had a say in it believe me CM mods wouldn't be allowed to fly, that's why they changed permissions control in 4.4 and above.

09-18-14 02:06 PM
    So witmen do you believe what that video illustrated? Because despite what that guy said in front of billions of people, i agree with you that apple also collects data.

Makes you think doesn't it?

09-18-14 02:13 PM
    Fine name whatever Chinese android phone you like there's so many of them I can't keep track. But doesn't change my point that 98% of android users can't change app permissions.

Cool, but if you scroll over our conversation, you'll notice that I never once said otherwise. You repeated the often used quote that "no android devices can..." And you were wrong. Had you said most, or some, it would have been fine and I would have agreed with you. Most can't, but not all. Lol
    techvisor likes this.
    09-18-14 02:14 PM
    Cool, but if you scroll over our conversation, you'll notice that I never once said otherwise. You repeated the often used quote that "no android devices can..." And you were wrong. Had you said most, or some, it would have been fine and I would have agreed with you. Hopefully I've helped you learn something today.
    I'll change my words to "almost every single unit on earth" then. ;-)

The 2 percent is negligible.

09-18-14 02:16 PM

I may be clueless and have the IQ of an egg in your opinion, but geez, at least I know that Oppo isn't the same thing as a OnePlus One. Oppo doesn't have a device that runs CM stock, so it probably doesn't make a device that can edit application permissions either.
    OPPO does have a phone with preinstalled CM

https://cyngn.com/products/n1/

Witmen likes this.
    09-18-14 02:24 PM
    I'll change my words to "almost every single unit on earth" then. ;-)

The 2 percent is negligible.

You can edit Android permissions on basically every rooted Android though...
    So the possibility is probably existant on about 99% of the devices out there.
    You just have to have the guts to actually root your phone.

I would never buy an Android phone without it being rooted, running a custom ROM (I kinda like Paranoid Android nowadays. The hover feature is pretty nice) and having the xPosed framework installed with the xPrivacy module.
    But I could live with an Android like that.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 02:28 PM
    Google subsidises the price of your phone with the data it collects from you plain and simple.

Sure blackberry may do the same but the scale is completely different. I could post hundreds of articles on this but why not do your own research? Its easy!

That's why all in almost every single major android manufactured phones you cannot modify app permissions without rooting the device.

;-)

09-18-14 02:31 PM
    Google subsidises the price of your phone with the data it collects from you plain and simple.

Sure blackberry may do the same but the scale is completely different. I could post hundreds of articles on this but why not do your own research? Its easy!

That's why all in almost every single major android manufactured phones you cannot modify app permissions without rooting the device.

;-)

So when Samsung makes a Note 4, that will get sold for 700$, Google actually pays some subsidies to Samsung, so that Samsung can afford to sell the Note for only 700$?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 02:34 PM
    enough arguing and personal cracks
    09-18-14 02:40 PM
195 ... 678