These threads always pop up when a phone in to the market is either released or pending release.
    Android One is indeed for the low end market and the BlackBerry Z3 still carries the strength in design from it's sisters the Z10 and Z30.

The Z3 is not a low end phone, it's a mid range priced at the cost that floats somewhere between low and mid range. It's specs are not that shabby.

The Android One will always put it on a front footing because it's Android. It certainly wont be because of handset design.

Look at Apple with their 3yr old Specification iPhone 6... It sold because it's Apple. People couldn't care less what's inside running it. It could be a blogs processor with back market Korean ram and people wouldn't care less.
    09-16-14 10:29 AM
    I have paid more for my BlackBerry z 10, but I am really not liking the Os 10.

I may switch over to Os7, which is still gold standard for BlackBerry
    Really? BB10 is way better than OS7. After that statement, I have a hard time taking anything you post.
    09-16-14 10:32 AM
    With the launch of Android one, the same stuff will be available at half rates then what BlackBerry Z3 is offerring.

BlackBerry wrong pricing strategy again.
    And they are never going to accept it.

They will give lame excuses that they are not a handset company, they sell softwares.
    They target enterprise people.
    Here in India, new delhi, I hardly find any organization giving BlackBerry to its employees.

Then they will boast about security, which only 0.5 percent in world population worries about, as that is the share of BlackBerry in world.

So they never accept their facts.

Iphone 6 has sold 40 lacs ph in 24 hrs, BlackBerry passport will never be even near to it.
    Still they will never correct pricing even partnering with Foxconn.

Help BlackBerry to Help us.
    How the eff is BlackBerry supposed to price a phone less than $200. Think before you speak.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 10:38 AM
    With the launch of Android one, the same stuff will be available at half rates then what BlackBerry Z3 is offerring.

I will always be willing to pay more for a Blackberry over an Android phone, no matter how good the specs are on the Android. When Google stops mining personal data, I may reconsider.
    09-16-14 11:13 AM
    Android ONE
    Screen: 4.5-inch (854x480p, 218ppi)

Z3
    Screem: 5-inch (960x540, 220ppi)

faster processor, more ram, better screen, more built in mem...
    better, better, better, more... etc... = more $
    Sir plz see the price of android one sets, half of Z3.

And how will u compare Xiaomi Mi3 with Z3, which have the same pricing.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-16-14 11:23 AM
    How the eff is BlackBerry supposed to price a phone less than $200. Think before you speak.

Posted via CB10
    Hey man just get ur facts right.
    Z3 was first launched in Indonesia - Jakarta as below 200 dollar price, in partnering with Foxconn
    09-16-14 11:32 AM
    Really? BB10 is way better than OS7. After that statement, I have a hard time taking anything you post.
    I am talking in terms of use fullness and handy.

And let me tell you BlackBerry has built all its loyal fans from Os7 only.

There are many flaws in Os10

I am using Z10, and its just make the incoming calls silent in pocket, no ring, no vibration.
    I have missed a lot of calls, when u will face this, then u will know.

Another issue is signal strength. Between the calls the signal goes, and call drops.

And even BlackBerry is playing smart for Indian markets, they are selling here the lowest version of Z10 - Stl-1, which always face issues.

BlackBerry service centres here takes more than 10 days even to rectify a small issue.

All these things make me feel sad, that after going for Z10 and Os10 with so much hopes nothing is coming out.
    09-16-14 11:38 AM
    Hey man just get ur facts right.
    Z3 was first launched in Indonesia - Jakarta as below 200 dollar price, in partnering with Foxconn
    Yeah. If you consider 199 as below 200 dollars. That isn't 100 dollars. LOL
    09-16-14 11:41 AM
    I am talking in terms of use fullness and handy.

And let me tell you BlackBerry has built all its loyal fans from Os7 only.

There are many flaws in Os10

I am using Z10, and its just make the incoming calls silent in pocket, no ring, no vibration.
    I have missed a lot of calls, when u will face this, then u will know.

Another issue is signal strength. Between the calls the signal goes, and call drops.

And even BlackBerry is playing smart for Indian markets, they are selling here the lowest version of Z10 - Stl-1, which always face issues.

BlackBerry service centres here takes more than 10 days even to rectify a small issue.

All these things make me feel sad, that after going for Z10 and Os10 with so much hopes nothing is coming out.
    Nothing like that has ever happened to me with my Z10, Q10 or Z30. But I don't sit on my Z10 with it in my pocket, I have it in a holster and works great.
    09-16-14 11:44 AM
    Go get the android one then.

No one's stopping you

Posted via CB10
    david7saad and blackguy07 like this.
    09-16-14 11:44 AM

They will give lame excuses that they are not a handset company, they sell softwares.
    Here in India, new delhi, I hardly find any organization giving BlackBerry to its employees.

Then they will boast about security, which only 0.5 percent in world population worries about, as that is the share of BlackBerry in world.

Iphone 6 has sold 40 lacs ph in 24 hrs, BlackBerry passport will never be even near to it.

If it is just about specs and pricing Apple should have sell 0 iphone in the last years... BlackBerry gives you the best,smooth and efficient OS. Plus,it gives you the chance to install android apps on it if you really want to. Then,of course everybody can decide whatever is best for them and their wallet ;-)
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-16-14 11:48 AM
    Go get the android one then.

No one's stopping you

Posted via CB10
    I never will, I am just disappointed with BlackBerry on their pricing.
    09-16-14 11:51 AM
    I am wondering if android one is a premptive response to the upcoming Ubuntu phones that are to be released in December...

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 11:51 AM
    The race to the bottom is not one I would like Blackberry to participate in. The Z3 is the lowest they should go IMO. They need to focus on rebuilding the brand image and give people a reason to buy a more expensive device from them.

Look at desktop computers. What happened to companies like Dell when they had to start competing in the low end?
    09-16-14 12:01 PM
    I never will, I am just disappointed with BlackBerry on their pricing.
    Everyone wants something for nothing. I am disappointed with Porsche with their pricing. I want a boxster for about 40K. They would sell a lot at 40K.
    09-16-14 12:02 PM
    The race to the bottom is not one I would like Blackberry to participate in. The Z3 is the lowest they should go IMO. They need to focus on rebuilding the brand image and give people a reason to buy a more expensive device from them.

Look at desktop computers. What happened to companies like Dell when they had to start competing in the low end?
    ^^^^^^^This.
    09-16-14 12:05 PM
    You know what, I don't understand why you seem to think it has to be one or the other. If the Android One does well that does not in any way signify the death of BlackBerry. One companies success does not in anyway have to be built off of another companies failures, and another companies failures does not in anyway cause another company to be successful.

BlackBerry has carefully poised its self as a niche player focused at business users and at providing services. For devices, they only intend to sell a small fraction of what others sell and they plan to be successful at this. I don't see the problem. That is, unless, you believe that the only way to be successful is to be the most popular despite that fact that they are mutually exclusive concepts.
    Thunderbuck and Bluenoser63 like this.
    09-16-14 12:07 PM
    Balancing market share with profit margin is always a difficult proposition.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 and LuvULongTime like this.
    09-16-14 12:14 PM
    I feel the same way. But to be honest, apps aside, bb10 is just a ton smoother than any android I ever messed with. Having to use a Droid now because the screen broke on my Z30 and Im waiting for a replacement. NO comparison. The KIT KAT update this phone got just today did fix the lag it was having for the most part, but it still seems clunky to me after using bb10 for the last 9 months.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-16-14 12:25 PM
    Balancing market share with profit margin is always a difficult proposition.

Posted via CB10
    Well said. IMO gaining market share at the expense of profit does not make sense but I am not a CEO. Apple tends to agree as they too are not concerned about the ultra low end market. At the end of the day the name of the game is making money. And Apple is now using their tried and true desktop computer formula in the mobile space. This is what I would like to see Blackberry emulate (even to a smaller degree).
    09-16-14 12:32 PM
    The OP has to post this in another forum..I have two minds to find and kill him..

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    09-16-14 12:50 PM
    Well said. IMO gaining market share at the expense of profit does not make sense but I am not a CEO. Apple tends to agree as they too are not concerned about the ultra low end market. At the end of the day the name of the game is making money. And Apple is now using their tried and true desktop computer formula in the mobile space. This is what I would like to see Blackberry emulate (even to a smaller degree).
    It can make sense over a defined period to buy market share, but you have to be ready to accept the losses and so do your investors. Call it the Amazon strategy over their first few years.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 12:52 PM
    It can make sense over a defined period to buy market share, but you have to be ready to accept the losses and so do your investors. Call it the Amazon strategy over their first few years.

Posted via CB10
    No disagreement. In Amazon's case a loss in HW was supposed to be offset by bringing new traffic to their storefront. If Blackberry can create value via other means (security, etc) and use that to pull new customers in then that would be the better way to go then to try and lure customers in with $99 phones.
    09-16-14 01:01 PM
    Everyone wants something for nothing. I am disappointed with Porsche with their pricing. I want a boxster for about 40K. They would sell a lot at 40K.
    I wonder what would happen to the Porsche brand if they lowered their prices? I would imagine that it would significantly devalue it, and that in turn may drive customers away.
    Bluenoser63 and Thunderbuck like this.
    09-16-14 01:04 PM

Blackberry knows what is going on and gives the best price they can, otherwise the company would have closed its doors by now instead of starting to turn things around. From what I can see. If they had the market share they could lower prices here and there, but as it is now would only hurt them. They boast about security cause thats what they are good at. If the complete turnaround happens, gonna be a while, and some of it is out of their hands. Eg. Security becomes paramount, Apple looses touch with consumers, Google to stop making mobile OS, etc. They might have to do everything right and something like one of those situations must happen. Still I will be hoping for the best.
    09-16-14 01:24 PM
195 1234 ...