Just curious about when we will receive Nougat update on our DTEKs & Privs as the KeyOne is out of his cage since a week.
    John Welch likes this.
    05-02-17 11:41 PM
    No idea.
    05-02-17 11:42 PM
    Coming soon™
    krazyatom and xandros9 like this.
    05-02-17 11:52 PM
    Definitely tomorrow. Always tomorrow
    05-03-17 12:05 AM
    Same time BB10 recieves the 10.4 update.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-03-17 12:31 AM
    BB's lack of communication with his users are just meh...
    05-03-17 12:47 AM
    Coming soon™
    To a theater near you!

I'm here to get girls. Straight up, that's exactly why I'm here.
    05-03-17 05:28 AM
    Just curious about when we will receive Nougat update on our DTEKs & Privs as the KeyOne is out of his cage since a week.
    You might want to consider editing that to "when/if".
    05-03-17 07:53 AM
    You might want to consider editing that to "when/if".
    "

"If" is something you know it isn't going to happen, Priv DTEK50 DTEK60 are going to receive N like one or two months after the K1 official launch, don't Remember if Aurora actually has launched or not, but if it hasn't launched, a month after Aurora release as well, is a no brainer to release OS Major updates after your New product has been launched, if Priv and company gets N before K1 and Aurora release what is the point of getting them? Yes, there is improvements in both of these smartphones, but still, you are killing possible sales if you update the devices before the New product arroces, in any case @Bla1ze , CrackBerry Kevin and Adam, could you please throw some light in this regard, we have literally no news about N update (Just the one when Chen says that N Will be as hardened as BlackBerry 10 but nothing else)
    05-03-17 11:00 AM
    It is not out of his Cage officialy, and the Aurora still is in his Cage IIRC, so lets wait a month or two until those devices are officialy on sale and have like one or two weeks on the World, considering that N is going to be likely the Last Priv's Major update I Will be glad to wait a month or two until to receive a totally polished and super stable update, things like Split screen and vulkan graphics (even if no developer care about it) accompanied with RAW shooting and vast improvements to the camera Will be good receives, and while we are at it, Camera Api 2 with RAW shooting for frontal camera on Priv would be good to improve things a lot
    05-03-17 11:06 AM
    It is not out of his Cage officialy, and the Aurora still is in his Cage IIRC, so lets wait a month or two until those devices are officialy on sale and have like one or two weeks on the World, considering that N is going to be likely the Last Priv's Major update I Will be glad to wait a month or two until to receive a totally polished and super stable update, things like Split screen and vulkan graphics (even if no developer care about it) accompanied with RAW shooting and vast improvements to the camera Will be good receives, and while we are at it, Camera Api 2 with RAW shooting for frontal camera on Priv would be good to improve things a lot
    Aurora has been on sale like a month ago , priv hardware not support RAW mode I recall BlackBerry employee said that
    05-03-17 11:11 AM
    Aurora has been on sale like a month ago , priv hardware not support RAW mode I recall BlackBerry employee said that
    That would break my heart a lot, on a side note, why Bla1ze or crackberry Kevin haven't made a review of it yet? And if Aurora is on sale and in consumers hands, then lets wait for the K1 to release and wait a month after the launch, then we can be totally upset about Android N update, in Priv's RAW problem, what should be the limitation that doesn't allow RAW? I mean, see At the Sony and LG Phones of previous years, there are older and weaker Phones than Priv with a complete and functional Manual camera and RAW
    05-03-17 11:18 AM
    "

"If" is something you know it isn't going to happen, Priv DTEK50 DTEK60 are going to receive N like one or two months after the K1 official launch, don't Remember if Aurora actually has launched or not, but if it hasn't launched, a month after Aurora release as well, is a no brainer to release OS Major updates after your New product has been launched, if Priv and company gets N before K1 and Aurora release what is the point of getting them? Yes, there is improvements in both of these smartphones, but still, you are killing possible sales if you update the devices before the New product arroces, in any case @Bla1ze , CrackBerry Kevin and Adam, could you please throw some light in this regard, we have literally no news about N update (Just the one when Chen says that N Will be as hardened as BlackBerry 10 but nothing else)
    Hence the recommendation to use the word 'if' - because in the absence of anything official, we simply do not know whether or not BlackBerry intends to bring N to PRIV and the DTEKs.
    05-03-17 01:48 PM
    Hence the recommendation to use the word 'if' - because in the absence of anything official, we simply do not know whether or not BlackBerry intends to bring N to PRIV and the DTEKs.
    We can tell for sure that N is coming to PRIV and Dteks, We algo can tell for sure that N is going to be Last Major update to Priv (and most likely to DTEK50) due to the 2 year support of updates (I hope I could be wrong, because BlackBerry updated the Z10 and Q10 from 2013 to 2016, so maybe one more year for the PRIV, but is highly unlikely) and that DTEK60 going by what others Android OEM's do is going to have Android O as a final update, but point here is that BlackBerry Will give PRIV and DTEKs Android N
    05-03-17 02:52 PM
    We can tell for sure that N is coming to PRIV and Dteks, We algo can tell for sure that N is going to be Last Major update to Priv (and most likely to DTEK50) due to the 2 year support of updates (I hope I could be wrong, because BlackBerry updated the Z10 and Q10 from 2013 to 2016, so maybe one more year for the PRIV, but is highly unlikely) and that DTEK60 going by what others Android OEM's do is going to have Android O as a final update, but point here is that BlackBerry Will give PRIV and DTEKs Android N
    "For sure"? Nonsense.

We might get two years of patches, but updates are not necessarily on the table.
    05-03-17 03:01 PM
    "For sure"? Nonsense.

We might get two years of patches, but updates are not necessarily on the table.
    Am basing my predictions on what BlackBerry has showed to be so far Conite boy, It could be 3 years of Major updates and 5 years of patches, you can say that and both of us couldn't tell that the other is wrong, only thing we can do about this topic is let time tell Who is the right one, I for my Priv sale want At least BlackBerry giving me an official Android O update, not because I wouldn't buy a New device, because If BlackBerry kills my Priv with nougat I Will sell my Priv and buy a Sony device (which so far has been ROM friendly), but because I absolute love the Slider format and I want to keep an up to date Slider as far as possible
    05-03-17 03:46 PM
    Am basing my predictions on what BlackBerry has showed to be so far Conite boy
    It's a different world today now that BlackBerry is out of the device business.

As of now, there is no indication from inside of BlackBerry that a Nougat beta is even being worked on for the Priv/DTEKs.
    05-03-17 03:50 PM
    I read where it has been "rumored" that the PRIV would not be getting Nougat, due to hardware limitations. Think even CBK mentioned this. Have not heard anything about the DTEKS... kinda hoped that TCL would continue those and work them into the new BlackBerry Mobile. But at this point I think they are legacy devices too.

Aurora has been out a month with 7.0 and KEYone for a week with 7.1. I'd expect once the KEYone is fully out... we will find out more.
    05-03-17 04:01 PM
    It's a different world today now that BlackBerry is out of the device business.

As of now, there is no indication from inside of BlackBerry that a Nougat beta is even being worked on for the Priv/DTEKs.
    I wonder how much customization of Nougat is required to support the Priv's unique slider-related features, or even if Nougat might break some of them. There's a lot we don't know.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-03-17 04:13 PM
    Nothing but rumours and speculation on all fronts. It's a veritable gong show!

When BlackBerry was still selling BB10 devices, they continued to insist they would be supported up to 10.3.4. They have made no such commitment for Android - not for security patches, not for OS updates, not even for their own app suite. Nada. And yet they continue to sell Android devices and claim they are the "most secure' Android phones available. What that really means - when you have no idea from one month to the next whether or not your device will continue to be supported - is anybody's guess.
    05-03-17 05:48 PM
    I read where it has been "rumored" that the PRIV would not be getting Nougat, due to hardware limitations. Think even CBK mentioned this. Have not heard anything about the DTEKS... kinda hoped that TCL would continue those and work them into the new BlackBerry Mobile. But at this point I think they are legacy devices too.

Aurora has been out a month with 7.0 and KEYone for a week with 7.1. I'd expect once the KEYone is fully out... we will find out more.
    I respect all of that Dunt Dunt, but to be totally honest, what hardware limitations would be these? I mean, look At Sony with the Z3+/Z4 and LG with the G4, Phones that are older than Priv, yeah, they have a "newer" processor than Priv (810 for G4 and Z4) but look At the V10, which also posses a 808, It received Nougat, yeah it has 4gb of RAM, but the Sony ones along with the G3 has 3gb of RAM and they also received nougat, so I wouldn't understand what the excuse would be for Priv not receiving N, the Qualcom processor fiasco Just affects the snapdragon 801 and is downhill, in theory, devices like the Note 4 with a snapdragon 805 should be able to get Nougat, hell, Sony tried with the Z3 and they had a semi running beta, on a device with a 801, and Priv with a 808 isn't getting N? Is not like I would go Anti BlackBerry for this, is Just that I try to think what the reason for Priv not getting Nougat would be and I cannot think one, Hardware is almost ready to boost N, the 2 year Major update support ends this one with the second Major update (even Samsung updates their flagships 2 times), the only reason I can think is that BlackBerry Just don't want to update the device because of the reasons I listed, as always, if @Bla1ze or CBK or anybody else can throw light into this I would be glad, because I really, really doubt that Priv isn't getting nougat, and for the RAW camera, well, I would love to see what the argument for it not getting it would be, because again, I cannot think of one, At least one valid that don't end in BlackBerry saving that Priv cannot run N smooth, and that they tried but they cannot deliver a Software update that isn't Just good (a PlayBook pun, which I also posses), as I said, Priv not getting nougat won't drive me mad as these BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook diehards, but it Will certainly deceptionate me if things happen that way
    05-04-17 04:32 AM
    Nothing but rumours and speculation on all fronts. It's a veritable gong show!

When BlackBerry was still selling BB10 devices, they continued to insist they would be supported up to 10.3.4. They have made no such commitment for Android - not for security patches, not for OS updates, not even for their own app suite. Nada. And yet they continue to sell Android devices and claim they are the "most secure' Android phones available. What that really means - when you have no idea from one month to the next whether or not your device will continue to be supported - is anybody's guess.
    With all respect, I have the latest security patch on my Priv, unlocked and bought from BlackBerry (kinda because it was the GSM " worldwide" version on Amazon), the App suite gets updated monthly and it has been becoming good and good these time, and not Just that, read the news again, the set of beta apps Just received a New beta build, so BlackBerry Android set of apps Will be getting updated this month too, see my point? There has been commitment to BlackBerry Android, I can live with my Priv if it receives security patches for the next 1 or 2 years, M is a good version, yeah N has good things but better than nothing, I prefer security patches that nothing else then
    05-04-17 04:44 AM
    With all respect, I have the latest security patch on my Priv, unlocked and bought from BlackBerry (kinda because it was the GSM " worldwide" version on Amazon), the App suite gets updated monthly and it has been becoming good and good these time, and not Just that, read the news again, the set of beta apps Just received a New beta build, so BlackBerry Android set of apps Will be getting updated this month too, see my point? There has been commitment to BlackBerry Android, I can live with my Priv if it receives security patches for the next 1 or 2 years, M is a good version, yeah N has good things but better than nothing, I prefer security patches that nothing else then
    Most users probably don't care that much about the security patches.... it's the feature updates that they care about.

I read an article the other day that pointed out Android main problem for enterprise is OS update fragmentation... only .5% of users are on the latest version of Android (API 25), only 6% on the version released in September (API 24). A good portion are on a version newer than 2-Years, but the majority are running a feature version that is over two years old. By comparison, almost 81% of iOS users are running the current version (also released about the same time as API 24) on their iPhones or iPads. That is something that IT likes a lot. Which is why BlackBerry has "talked" so much about updates.... if the PRIV doesn't get Android 7 or 7.1, not sure how much of their "talk" will be believed from here on out.

So personally I can't imagine them not releasing a Nougat update for the PRIV.
    05-04-17 08:23 AM
    I respect all of that Dunt Dunt, but to be totally honest, what hardware limitations would be these? I mean, look At Sony with the Z3+/Z4 and LG with the G4, Phones that are older than Priv, yeah, they have a "newer" processor than Priv (810 for G4 and Z4) but look At the V10, which also posses a 808, It received Nougat, yeah it has 4gb of RAM, but the Sony ones along with the G3 has 3gb of RAM and they also received nougat, so I wouldn't understand what the excuse would be for Priv not receiving N, the Qualcom processor fiasco Just affects the snapdragon 801 and is downhill, in theory, devices like the Note 4 with a snapdragon 805 should be able to get Nougat, hell, Sony tried with the Z3 and they had a semi running beta, on a device with a 801, and Priv with a 808 isn't getting N? Is not like I would go Anti BlackBerry for this, is Just that I try to think what the reason for Priv not getting Nougat would be and I cannot think one, Hardware is almost ready to boost N, the 2 year Major update support ends this one with the second Major update (even Samsung updates their flagships 2 times), the only reason I can think is that BlackBerry Just don't want to update the device because of the reasons I listed, as always, if @Bla1ze or CBK or anybody else can throw light into this I would be glad, because I really, really doubt that Priv isn't getting nougat, and for the RAW camera, well, I would love to see what the argument for it not getting it would be, because again, I cannot think of one, At least one valid that don't end in BlackBerry saving that Priv cannot run N smooth, and that they tried but they cannot deliver a Software update that isn't Just good (a PlayBook pun, which I also posses), as I said, Priv not getting nougat won't drive me mad as these BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook diehards, but it Will certainly deceptionate me if things happen that way
    Despite the PRIV appearing to be very close to stock Android from a look and feel standpoint, it's possible that there was a lot of customization done to accommodate the PKB and other BlackBerry features. It's possible that these have to be re-engineered for Nougat.

This is just speculation, but we really can't assume that it's a simple process that BlackBerry has neglected.

Most of Blackberry's failures have come from over promising things before they were fully scoped. The PlayBook is a classic example. They fully intended to have it run BB10, but BB10 turned out to require more RAM than expected, and they couldn't deliver.

I don't own a Priv, but if I did, I would be content that it received the upgrade from L to M so long as the monthly patches and app updates were delivered. One version upgrade is typical for most Android manufacturers. I don't see Samsung upgrading their L phones to Nougat.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-04-17 10:12 AM
    I don't think its ever happening. We'll see new models with N before we see N updates to Priv and Dtek/x0.

I've got the 60 and I'd rather see a new all touch device with N to replace it.
    05-04-17 10:25 AM
128 123 ...