Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I heard about Android Go, a lighter version of Oreo for less capable hardware.
    I immediately thought about my out-dated, dust-collecting, but otherwise perfectly fine, Playbook.
    Could it be possible to ask BB to port this OS to the playbook, or at least ask BB to open the Playbook bootloader so we, enthusiasts, can get a shot at it.
    wouldn't this be awesome?
    What do you think?
    12-11-17 08:22 AM
    I immediately thought about my out-dated, dust-collecting, but otherwise perfectly fine, Playbook.
    Could it be possible to ask BB to port this OS to the playbook, or at least ask BB to open the Playbook bootloader so we, enthusiasts, can get a shot at it.
    What do you think?
    I don't think BB would be the least interested in investing time or money in the Playbook. I still use it with recipes in the kitchen. It was an incredible device. Its gestures ahead of its time. It was well-made other than the way it reacts when its battery gets too low and needs the odd-ball stack charging to revive it.
    12-11-17 08:44 AM
    i think everyone should just have the playbook erased from their memories
    12-11-17 08:45 AM
    Worst idea I've heard in weeks.
    pblakeney likes this.
    12-11-17 09:33 AM
    What do you think?
    Why would BB care?

Moreover, since the PlayBook is so old that it runs Texas Instruments' (discontinued) OMAP processor, I don't think there's been any work on it since like Jellybean, so BB and/or Google would have to throw sense out the window and drop Oreo on this artifact. Even the Snapdragon 2xx/4xx devices that will probably underpin Android Go would wipe the floor with a seven year old TI chip.
    12-11-17 10:09 AM
    Playbook is too old for a android device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-11-17 10:28 AM
    Best idea I've heard all week.
    eshropshire likes this.
    12-11-17 01:03 PM
    I was just looking at the term “Mighty Playbook” and wondering how so. It was a commercial disaster and a retrograde concept - linking to the phone instead of having its own radio. I never thought there was anything good about. Or even acceptable. Yes, forget Playbooks ever existed is a really good suggestion.
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 12-18-17 at 04:40 PM.
    12-13-17 09:38 AM
    I don't think a 1ghz processor and 1 ghz of ram would cut it. I would rather change it into a Linux based system.
    12-18-17 12:49 PM