On Ebay right now looking for an unlocked blackberry.

My Android phone is deleting numbers, not downloading emails or facebook messages, and i have to download extra apps just to get my phone to do the things BB does.

Ugh.

My brother freaked out once he heard I was selling it, so I guess if he wants that bad, i'll send it to him. /shrug

So, can't wait to be part of the BB family again.
    03-12-11 02:15 PM
    wanna great deal on an S2??
    03-12-11 02:24 PM
    Welcome back, Android is buggy and really rough around the edges as far as productivity goes. They are vastly popular but lack the things that make a mobile device easy to use.
    03-12-11 02:27 PM
    Welcome back, Android is buggy and really rough around the edges as far as productivity goes. They are vastly popular but lack the things that make a mobile device easy to use.
    You should preference your statement with "in my opinion". There are plenty of people who find other operating systems than Blackberry OS more productive like WP7 & Android. The OP obviously has a defective device, not operating system.
    TheIgster likes this.
    03-12-11 02:33 PM
    You should preference your statement with "in my opinion". There are plenty of people who find other operating systems than Blackberry OS more productive like WP7 & Android. The OP obviously has a defective device, not operating system.
    i figured me posting it in a thread made it clear it was my opinion and that i'm not an Android rep saying these things, but alright i guess.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    03-12-11 03:08 PM
    Androids can take a little use to when coming from a berry. No one should expect to become a expert over night. My partner has one and its fun to play with but I don't know how to work it and often find myself lost. Kbear is right you probably do have a defective device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-11 03:12 PM
    wanna great deal on an S2??
    sorry for the double post...

haha actually I want the Storm 3 BAD..but I doubt TMO will get it..and I can't have an S2 on TMO either. Thanks for the offer though.
    03-12-11 03:12 PM
    My experience has been negative with android as well. It seems they tried so hard to get all kinds of things I don't need on there that they forgot the basics. Anyway, in my experience it isn't a complicated device, just a buggy software. But I am always trying it again in case I find one that I like. I have been using the G2 for a bit but I'm not sure I want to keep it. Ideally I can just have the bold touch and a playbook. I am impatient though.
    Last edited by D_March; 03-12-11 at 03:18 PM.
    03-12-11 03:15 PM
    On Ebay right now looking for an unlocked blackberry.

My Android phone is deleting numbers, not downloading emails or facebook messages, and i have to download extra apps just to get my phone to do the things BB does.

Ugh.

My brother freaked out once he heard I was selling it, so I guess if he wants that bad, i'll send it to him. /shrug

So, can't wait to be part of the BB family again.
    Out of curiosity, what apps did you have to download to get a similar experience to BB?
    03-12-11 03:17 PM
    Androids can take a little use to when coming from a berry. No one should expect to become a expert over night. My partner has one and its fun to play with but I don't know how to work it and often find myself lost. Kbear is right you probably do have a defective device.

as for the numbers being deleted, probably.

But I called TMO when i couldn't figure out how to download attachments from email (thinking that coming from 3 BBs and 2 iphones i should be able to figure this out) and the rep said "You have to txt the attachment to yourself and download it that way. there's no way to do it from the email app."

and my wallpaper is requiring me to crop it tiny to set it as my background. to alleviate this, i had to download an app. yes, it was free, but it's the principle of the thing.

and i realize this might be phone specific issues, but Android has left a bad taste in my mouth with this. I've had all those phones and not been as disappointed as I am now.
    03-12-11 03:17 PM
    Out of curiosity, what apps did you have to download to get a similar experience to BB?
    i can't recall names at the moment, but i had one for wallpaper settings, one to help me download email attachments, one to help me set ringtones, and a few others i had to go through.
    03-12-11 03:20 PM
    i can't recall names at the moment, but i had one for wallpaper settings, one to help me download email attachments, one to help me set ringtones, and a few others i had to go through.
    Cool just wondering.
    03-12-11 03:22 PM

But I called TMO when i couldn't figure out how to download attachments from email (thinking that coming from 3 BBs and 2 iphones i should be able to figure this out) and the rep said "You have to txt the attachment to yourself and download it that way. there's no way to do it from the email app."

and my wallpaper is requiring me to crop it tiny to set it as my background. to alleviate this, i had to download an app. yes, it was free, but it's the principle of the thing.

and i realize this might be phone specific issues, but Android has left a bad taste in my mouth with this. I've had all those phones and not been as disappointed as I am now.
    The numbers deleting themselves is definitely a faulty phone.

You should not have to text yourself an attachment to download it. I download attachments thru email multiple times a day.

You have wallpapers that are to big for your screen size if it is making you crop them super tiny. With any phone (blackberry included) you have to have wallpapers for your screen size.

The problem is you didn't know your phone well enough. Android does everything that blackberry does and then some. I have androids, blackberries, web os and windows phones. I am not biased in the least. It just is what it is. People pick up an android and compare it to whatever phone they had before instead of learning the new OS. Then they complain when it doesn't work for them.
    K Bear, howarmat and TheIgster like this.
    03-12-11 03:25 PM
    The numbers deleting themselves is definitely a faulty phone.

You should not have to text yourself an attachment to download it. I download attachments thru email multiple times a day.

You have wallpapers that are to big for your screen size if it is making you crop them super tiny. With any phone (blackberry included) you have to have wallpapers for your screen size.

The problem is you didn't know your phone well enough. Android does everything that blackberry does and then some. I have androids, blackberries, web os and windows phones. I am not biased in the least. It just is what it is. People pick up an android and compare it to whatever phone they had before instead of learning the new OS. Then they complain when it doesn't work for them.
    You also have a different phone than I did and the phone you haven't isn't available on TMO.

Look, I'm sorry if I've deeply offended some inner nerve of you Android fans, but I'm just saying i've had a bad experience and it's not for me.

I'm not an *****, I know how to work a cell phone. The TMO rep HIMSELF told me its a flaw in the MyTouch software and it's impossible to do at the moment.

So, again, I'm sorry if I've ruined your saturday. Was just trying to say I had a bad time and I'm coming back to BB.
    03-12-11 03:30 PM

Once again T-Mobile's epic failure of customer service. You do not have to download an app to download attachments with Android. If you view a photo, press the photo and you'll have the option to set as background without cropping. There's no need to blame the OS when it's user error.
    03-12-11 03:32 PM
    actually no i never got that. It always asked me to crop. And that's not what the rep even told me, so just forget it.

I can see that me saying I'm not a complete novice when it comes to cell phones is pointless.

I'm sorry i've ruined your Android day. :eyeroll:
    03-12-11 03:36 PM
    You also have a different phone than I did and the phone you haven't isn't available on TMO.

Look, I'm sorry if I've deeply offended some inner nerve of you Android fans, but I'm just saying i've had a bad experience and it's not for me.

I'm not an *****, I know how to work a cell phone. The TMO rep HIMSELF told me its a flaw in the MyTouch software and it's impossible to do at the moment.

So, again, I'm sorry if I've ruined your saturday. Was just trying to say I had a bad time and I'm coming back to BB.
    Don't get your panties in a wad. I was simply stating that you got some bad advice from the tmo rep and that you had a faulty device. Which are both true. You don't know which phones I have or have had so you can't really say much about that. I also said that I was not a deep fan of any platform. I have them all. I use them all. Reading the whole post helps with confusion like this. I know from personal experience that the mytouch can download from email and you don't have to text it to yourself. So I will say again, you got bad advice from the tmo rep. You also have a faulty device. You should put that in your ebay auction that the device is faulty. Or you should get a warranty replacement.

You have not in the slightest ruined my Saturday. This is a forum. Not something I take to heart. Sorry you had a bad time with android. It happens when you get bad advice and a device that doesn't work right and needs to be replaced.

Once again T-Mobile's epic failure of customer service. You do not have to download an app to download attachments with Android. If you view a photo, press the photo and you'll have the option to set as background without cropping. There's no need to blame the OS when it's user error.
    I agree with this.
    03-12-11 03:40 PM
    ugh whatever now i'm not even being quoted correctly.

the internet is full of fluff...
    03-12-11 03:44 PM
    Believe it our not, we are trying to help you. Android OS takes time to grasp. It's not as simplistic as iOS or Blackberry OS. What is compounding your frustration is that your carrier has failed to properly troubleshoot your device.
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    03-12-11 03:49 PM
    ugh whatever now i'm not even being quoted correctly.

the internet is full of fluff...
    It is also full of correct information on how to fix the problems of a phone. Which yours are easily fixable. I do hope that the person buying your phone knows that it is faulty though.
    03-12-11 03:50 PM
    The Mytouch 4g is known to have issues.
    03-12-11 04:33 PM
    I really like my BlackBerry. I also really like my Android.

The one thing I knew going into getting an Android, it's not a BlackBerry. I didn't expect it to be a BlackBerry.

Android is very customizable. IMHO, it was made to be tweaked. You HAVE to add apps, configure things, and adjust it to your liking. It was not made to be an out-of-the-box full-on experience for everyone. The fact that you can change out apps, change screens around, and customize it is what makes Android so likable to so many. It is also daunting to some, especially coming from BlackBerry where things are more locked down and pre-configured.

The default mail apps on Android wouldn't work for me. I just downloaded a different one that works just fine. Although email works great on BlackBerry, order forms emailed to me would always arrive truncated. When I received order forms on my BlackBerry, I would have to either fire up my laptop, or log into my computer via RDM+ to check orders. Switching email apps is not a viable option on BlackBerry. If you ever ran into the truncated email issue, it can be quite frustrating.

I don't think any platform is right for everyone. BlackBerry is very good at what it does, and when you adjust yourself to the BlackBerry way of doing things, it works very well. Android works fine for others, once they tweak it to suit their needs. The one thing I know for sure about Android, go in expecting to load applications so the device can do more. If you expect it to be like a BlackBerry, then maybe Android isn't for you. BlackBerry is not as configurable, but it is simple to use, and it works.
    03-13-11 09:00 AM
    Best post in this thread. ^^^^

Also you can use a S2 on TMobile's network...just won't have 3G.

03-13-11 09:23 AM
    I really like my BlackBerry. I also really like my Android.

The one thing I knew going into getting an Android, it's not a BlackBerry. I didn't expect it to be a BlackBerry.

Android is very customizable. IMHO, it was made to be tweaked. You HAVE to add apps, configure things, and adjust it to your liking. It was not made to be an out-of-the-box full-on experience for everyone. The fact that you can change out apps, change screens around, and customize it is what makes Android so likable to so many. It is also daunting to some, especially coming from BlackBerry where things are more locked down and pre-configured.

The default mail apps on Android wouldn't work for me. I just downloaded a different one that works just fine. Although email works great on BlackBerry, order forms emailed to me would always arrive truncated. When I received order forms on my BlackBerry, I would have to either fire up my laptop, or log into my computer via RDM+ to check orders. Switching email apps is not a viable option on BlackBerry. If you ever ran into the truncated email issue, it can be quite frustrating.

I don't think any platform is right for everyone. BlackBerry is very good at what it does, and when you adjust yourself to the BlackBerry way of doing things, it works very well. Android works fine for others, once they tweak it to suit their needs. The one thing I know for sure about Android, go in expecting to load applications so the device can do more. If you expect it to be like a BlackBerry, then maybe Android isn't for you. BlackBerry is not as configurable, but it is simple to use, and it works.
    Great post. This is probably the most open-minded opinion I've seen from anybody who prefers an Android to a BB.

I'd just like to add that not everybody needs to adjust the way they do things to BlackBerry's way. I for one have not had to adjust to anything. They work for me exactly as I need them to, right out of the box.

My cell phone is not my primary communications and entertainment device, but rather it's there to supplement my primary devices for those purposes. I have a landline at home and in the office; my cell phone is there when I'm not accessible at either of those. I have a desktop computer for email and browsing; I get email on my cell phone in case something comes in (a JOB offer???) that I might want to respond to immediately. I'm not going to do any extensive browsing or indulge in fully-immersed 3-D games on a PHONE because my eyesight as gone to he##, and trying to do so on any screen that small just doesn't cut it for me, no matter what the resolution. I can browse the web on my phone when I'm not home and I'm bored, and I can play a few time-waster games when that gets aggravating from reading more troll posts on CrackBerry.com. That's ALL I want my phone to do, without any tweaking or downloading apps other than the occasional mindless game. BB's do this exceedingly well. I don't need 1 gig of RAM, 4.3" hi-def display, dual-core processor or a laptop dock to do that. And if I did have a need that required that kind of horsepower, I'd damn well just get a phone that had it.

actually no i never got that. It always asked me to crop. And that's not what the rep even told me, so just forget it.

I can see that me saying I'm not a complete novice when it comes to cell phones is pointless.

I'm sorry i've ruined your Android day. :eyeroll:
    Yes, you should have known better than to come here, a BLACKBERRY SITE, and dis an Android. What were you thinking??!!!

Who really gives two sh!ts what your reasons are ... you tried it, and for whatever reason you don't like it and want your BB back. This board is littered with people who trash the company's entire line of phones based on similar single experiences with one phone. Whether it's because you're familiar with it, or you got a phone that was a piece of crap, or you just plain don't like it, you've got your reasons for what you like and don't like, an screw anybody who tries to tell you different.

'Fired' ... love it.
    03-13-11 09:36 AM
    Just throwing my two pennies in because I have the same phone. I agree with those that say you have a faulty device. Don't you think that if what you're experiencing on your phone was the Android norm, or even the norm on the MT4G, there would have been a huge outcry by now? I have not experienced messages or contacts being deleted at all. And the T-Mo rep was indeed mistaken about having to text yourself attachments. What a stupid thing for them to say. To save an attachment, click on "preview." Then when the document or whatever comes up, click on the menu button and select "save" or "save as." Easy as pie.

As for the other issues, you really should get a free warranty replacement from T-Mo to sell, instead of selling the faulty phone. Or be honest about it being defective in your ebay listing, but you won't get as much money than you would if you were selling a working warranty replacement.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 03-13-11 at 12:28 PM. Reason: typo
    03-13-11 10:03 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD