I�m an Android fanboy, and BBM for Android led me to buy a Z10.

I carry two phones, one for business and one for personal. After tying out BBM I instantly got a case of nostalgia, remembering the days when my wife (girlfriend back them) and I went back and forth on BBM. My "re-experience" on BBM was great, and it made me wonder how much better it would be on a native device like the Z10 (especially when incorporated into the hub).

After using the Z10, so far I love:

The Hub � I thought this was a pure gimmick. I also thought that there were Android apps that offered the same experience. Well I was wrong, the hub is honestly the most convenient way to keep track of all your notifications, messages, and events. It lets me stay on top of everything, and makes a huge difference when it�s native to the OS.

Fonts & Layout � Classic BlackBerry in my head. Great fonts, everything is easy to read and laid out functionally. iOS is too simplistic, Android can be overcomplicated, and Windows favors style over functionality and use.
    Keyboard � The best. Love the predictive text, key spacing, and straightforward visual appearance.

Z10 � The feel in the hand is great, especially with the soft touch back. BlackBerry is very utilitarian, and I love it. Additional great features are the Micro SD, removable battery, screen, and camera application to include post editing.

Different - In the US their aren't many Z10s or Q10s in the wild. It's good to have something different, especially so since it's also a great product.

I�ll still use Android (ordered a Nexus 5) because of the app selection, but BlackBerry has a ton to offer and I hope they pull through. A two choice smartphone / tablet future doesn't seem that appealing to me.

Cheers
    11-03-13 01:43 AM
    Glad your enjoying the BlackBerry 10 experience

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:48 AM
    Cheers to that for a good choice and experience on the BB10.

"Keep Moving" Z10
    11-03-13 01:54 AM
    The OP's post is probably exactly what BlackBerry had in mind when they decided to launch BBM for android and iPhone.

I like reading posts like this. BlackBerry 10 itself is excellent. More people just need to be exposed to it, and more apps need to come aboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 02:54 AM
    The OP's post is probably exactly what BlackBerry had in mind when they decided to launch BBM for android and iPhone.

I like reading posts like this. BlackBerry 10 itself is excellent. More people just need to be exposed to it, and more apps need to come aboard.

Posted via CB10
    Do you feel that BBM is getting people more interested in BlackBerry 10?

Posted via my Z30.
    11-03-13 03:53 AM
    Yeah, BB10 is the next level. What OP said about iOS, Android and WP8 is about spot on from my experience. I don't see iOS's simplicity as a problem it's more Apples culture that goes against what I would like to support.
    11-03-13 04:13 AM
    Thanks for sharing this op! It's nice to read posts like this. Haha

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 04:19 AM
    I love android and BB10. I carry two phones too. The only thing that bothers me is BlackBerry 's attitude, delays, false promises and lack of support.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-03-13 04:20 AM
    Do you feel that BBM is getting people more interested in BlackBerry 10?

Posted via my Z30.
    Well at least BlackBerry is back on people's minds. The company should be careful with their next steps.

Posted via CB10
    Oscar_E likes this.
    11-03-13 04:21 AM
    thank you for sharing your experience with your new BlackBerry. it is nice to see people from other platforms seeing the value of BB10. enjoy

Posted via Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z10 powered by 10.2.(latest Leak)
    11-03-13 07:40 AM
    Are you sure OP? Because we have been assured many many times in these forums that what you are describing would never ever happen...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-03-13 07:49 AM
    Are you sure OP? Because we have been assured many many times in these forums that what you are describing would never ever happen...
    The op getting another phone to used in conjunction to his nexus 5?

No one said that wouldn't happen.
    11-03-13 08:04 AM
    OP, did you buy new or used?

sent from a mysterious device.
    tbims01 likes this.
    11-03-13 08:22 AM

Hm no I think he meant things like that the HUB is more like gimmick, that the HUB isn't easily copied by a customized Android phone, that there's something good about BlackBerry utilitarian hardware design and the overall OS design and experience. Stuff like that from a selfexposed "Android fanboy".

And as far as I understand him the Z10 sounds like his daily driver while the N5 is his fun/app companion device.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:05 AM

There is actually a whole thread about how cross platform BBM won't make anyone buy a BB10.

So 1 is now sold because of BBM. Entire thread invalidated.

This is the danger of stating a theory where you leave zero chance of something happening. Just takes one person to ruin your prediction.

Posted via CB10
    Lincoln Liking and Oscar_E like this.
    11-03-13 10:51 AM
    Take them all, one by one.
    miker476 likes this.
    11-03-13 11:08 AM
    That's awesome OP! Now get yourself the Beta Zone app and check out BBM Channels!
    Oh, and make sure you're on 10.2 as well.

Cheers,
    11-03-13 11:37 AM
    I wish all 4 platforms are successful. Diversity is the way to go!

Posted via CB10
    dee., Sexy Sadie, miker476 and 1 others like this.
    11-03-13 01:01 PM
    OP, did you buy new or used?

sent from a mysterious device.
    New. $339 from AT&T off contract. A great price. Just got my unlock code from AT&T too.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:43 PM
    Hm no I think he meant things like that the HUB is more like gimmick, that the HUB isn't easily copied by a customized Android phone, that there's something good about BlackBerry utilitarian hardware design and the overall OS design and experience. Stuff like that from a selfexposed "Android fanboy".

And as far as I understand him the Z10 sounds like his daily driver while the N5 is his fun/app companion device.

Posted via CB10
    I find myself using the Z10 more often. Me and my wife use BBM and I find the Z10 to provide the best BBM experience.

Z10 business line. N5 will be personal but I am using the Z10 right now as my daily driver because I prefer the hub for communications.

The N5 is needed due to certain critical banking apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:52 PM
    Nice. Now u would love A Z30 for sure. Hehe.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-03-13 08:24 PM
    There is actually a whole thread about how cross platform BBM won't make anyone buy a BB10.

So 1 is now sold because of BBM. Entire thread invalidated.

This is the danger of stating a theory where you leave zero chance of something happening. Just takes one person to ruin your prediction.

Posted via CB10
    to me it sounds like the op wanted to get a bb 10 phone, bbm or not.

On my personal phone I use a Galaxy S4 (it's about apps); however, for my business phone I use the Bold 9900. Now arguably I am forced to use this phone because it's the device chosen by IT, but nonetheless I do enjoy using it.

I'm looking forward to upgrading my business device in the coming future to the Q10 (or newer device if released) and enjoy using and appreciate multiple platforms. Things I love about my current BlackBerry 9900, the KEYBOARD, automatic conference call-in with automatic access code entry, voice quality, and integration with MS Exchange.
    11-04-13 12:56 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 02:31 PM
    I find myself using the Z10 more often.
    You know what?

That is exactly what counts and the best evidence for real value.

I'm saying this for years but nobody wants to know, since a Z10 can't run YouTube and a note taking app side by side. But at the end of the day one may notice that he/she uses a Z10 more often than a [fill in far superior super duper phone] over the course of a day, because it's faster and more convenient to use and he/she is still using his/her smartphone as a communications device primarily, although at the moment of actual purchase he/she thought about stuff like 6" screens, 1080p, quad core, candy crush, eye scroll and windowed apps controlled with a stylus. Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 02:32 PM
    I actually agree with what OP has said.
    11-04-13 02:39 PM
41 12