so what's going on, the Facebook pages manager had an update and is not working now.
    yes I'm using a z30 with 10.3 and I also have a q10 that it's not working on.
    and now snapchat is going to lock you out is you are using a third party app.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 05:28 PM
    Same problem here.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 05:40 PM
    snap chat is not the end of world for me, but the Facebook pages manager is very important to me as I use it almost daily. not good

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 06:01 PM
    I have no information on this specific issue, and so I can't speak as to why this particular version isn't working, but at a higher level, you can expect more and more of this as time goes on. Google is encouraging developers to use Google Services in their apps, which locks apps into working only on Google-certified devices. Expect them to step up this encouragement as several other platforms (Tizen, Sailfish, etc.) have been released recently that are all trying to leverage Google's app store against Google, as BB is. By encouraging developers to incorporate Google Services, all of those other platforms are locked out, AND it means that it's much harder to pirate shared apps and it reduces support costs for devs, so devs are on-board.

Remember that the Google Play Store has never been open-source, and that BB users are violating the Play Store TOS by using it via Snap (and other methods), and Google can choose to enforce that anytime they want to. This is the danger of relying on a competitor's platform. Officially, only Amazon apps are "allowed", and users are on their own with Snap or other entries into Google Play, and if it stops working, well, you weren't supposed to be using it anyway.

Google likely had some sympathy for BB and was willing to look the other way, but now that several other platforms are trying to do the same thing, Google is going to be forced to take some action, and the same barriers that stop Tizen and Sailfish (and perhaps WinPhone and Ubuntu) will stop BB as well.

Anyone who doesn't understand that isn't seeing the big picture.
    jem9777 likes this.
    02-10-15 08:56 PM
    I was afraid that might happen. not sure what to do now, I really like the BlackBerry os10 and don't care to start all over with another brand of phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:15 PM