I've been looking at android phones for a while now and I like many other people are looking forward to the Droid X. The problem I'm having as a current Blackberry user is email. I've read an article on androidcentral.com that mentions the limitations of POP3 email on the android OS. They also provide a link to a possible fix by having gmail sync with the POP3 email but gmail will only do so once an hour.

With that said is there any other options? I manage a number of websites myself and have a few web servers. Email is a must to keep in touch with clients and having to wait an hour in between replies would never ever fly.

I currently have the Tour, which of course has the horrible trackball, but I'm debating on getting the Droid X (so long as I can get POP3 every 2-3 minutes) or upgrading to the Bold 9650.

Having all the cool new features of the Droid X would be neat but certainly not a need. POP3 email and battery life - those are the two things that are a must.

So would I be best going with a Bold or Android? Any suggestions?
    06-29-10 06:22 AM
    Well I am a BBerry addict that've just added a Droid to my lineup and so far I haven't experience any e-mail issues, that been said I mostly use GMail accounts which are instantly pushed and received, a couple more like msn and what not which are pulled every 5 minutes and the only negative deal is with Yahoo which doesn't want to play ball unless you pay for the service, still there are various free solutions around that too, I just don't care about that particular account that much......IMHO you should go for it, there are so many pros and you'll definitely love the speed, the memory, the ease of use and the endless customisation capabilities among others !!!
    06-29-10 06:37 AM
    You should (if possible) give them both a try. If only email and battery are your main concerns you know what you will be getting already on this platform. I got the 9650 for my wife and she loves it. If you want a better browsing experience and more apps for now at least try the Droid. It's really going to come down to what works better for YOU not what is being marketed.
    06-29-10 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD