I saw a posting regarding this for Verizon, but nothing specifically for t-mobile.

As it stands, my company provides Curve 8900's on TMO network for my department- I live in Columbus, OH. where I CAN get 3G, but it's unsupported on 8900 and borderline unusable on EDGE.

What I would like to do is purchase a TMO Android off eBay and swap the SIM card.

Has anyone tried this? I am confident my company wouldn't care one way or another, I just know that if it requires a change to the data plan, it will be a huge headache to try and find the person on the account authorized to make these changes.

Would getting an "unlocked" MyTouch allow for me to do this??

Thanks in advance!
    05-02-10 10:34 PM
    Your company probably pays for a large bes plan so I do not think that would work. Bes is a different data plan than just web acess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 11:30 PM
    If you want 3G and still connect to everything within your work's parameters, you should probably be looking at a 9700, especially if the company uses BES.
    05-03-10 05:51 AM
    Yeah, the reason you probably have the BB is because your company probably has a fleet of them running BES, which is not going to be supported by an Android device. In other words, you're not going to have access to the company e-mail without using the BB.
    If I had to guess, I would think that your company is not all that concerned with whether the phone is 3G or EDGE, but I would be willing to bet that they would be less than pleased if the BES device that they ponied up big bucks to deploy (plus monthly rate for the BES data plan) were switched over to a MyTouch.
    05-03-10 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD