So I was reading through some posts on BlackBerry Beta Zone and someone mentioned the idea of RIM put a modified version of Android on one of their BlackBerries. (With BBM and Email like usual) Opinions?
    01-10-11 08:13 PM
    It'll never happen in a million years, thankfully.
    01-10-11 08:14 PM
    So I was reading through some posts on BlackBerry Beta Zone and someone mentioned the idea of RIM put a modified version of Android on one of their BlackBerries. (With BBM and Email like usual) Opinions?
    This may have been a discussion about an Android Application layer or Emulator being put into QNX so Android Apps could be run natively.

I can't see them spending the money on QNX and throwing it away to bring in Android
    01-10-11 08:15 PM
    They don't need to use an unrefined, free OS when they have their own.
    01-10-11 08:16 PM
    I don't foresee this happening either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 08:17 PM
    With the new use of QNX it's doubtful. It was just an idea someone had, nothing official by any means. It has pros such as giving them a steady app store with plenty of developers. But cons such as the loss of their identity as a business OS.
    01-10-11 08:19 PM
    Hmm...when i read this, I was like...erm it won't haven even in the near future. Maybe the next 5 or 10 years and I think we can ask again
    01-10-11 08:19 PM
    I would sooner See Microsoft & RIM working together on a Next Gen OS, as Microsoft needs to better fight Apple and Google on the Corporate sector, RIM isn't trying to Steal Exchange business.
    01-10-11 08:22 PM
    It'll never happen in a million years, thankfully.
    You got that correct, Blackberry's inferior hardware will never be able to handle Android.
    howarmat and TheEdge like this.
    01-10-11 08:25 PM
    You got that correct, Blackberry's inferior hardware will never be able to handle Android.
    we are all humbled by your insurmountable wit
    01-10-11 08:28 PM
    BlackBerry hardware can barely handle OS 6. There's no hope of any current BlackBerry being updated to QNX, let alone Android. They would have to use completely new hardware.
    01-10-11 08:29 PM
    and your douchebaggery is second to none
    01-10-11 08:30 PM
    Yes, because EVERY Android phone is a super powerhouse high-end flagship phone...

Just because there are Hondas that can pull an 11 second 1/4 mile, doesn't mean every Honda can...
    01-10-11 08:31 PM
    Any thought that maybe there are some of us out there who really don't care for Android?

BlackBerry won't put Android on their devices for the same reason that Apple won't put Android on their devices, or that Google won't integrate iOS into their OS, or HTC supporting iOS. It simply doesn't make any sense. The hardware doesn't make any difference.
    Last edited by elvin1983; 01-10-11 at 08:37 PM.
    01-10-11 08:33 PM
    and your douchebaggery is second to none
    Man, there sure is an awful lot of hostility on CB this evening.

Take you're own opinion and leave it at that. Not everyone has to agree with your opinion, regardless of which side of the isle it's on. Android has it's advantages, but there's no doubt it falls short on some things. Same thing holds true for BB.

We're all here to discuss Smartphones and the different platforms. Can we please keep it at that and keep the BS to a minimum?

I never would have guessed that the impending iPhone on VZW announcement would have so many people's panties in a bunch!
    01-10-11 08:35 PM
    +1 deRusset, Yes let us all be humbled.
    QNX would obviously be implemented on an entirely new device.

And I don't quite understand why people have to come here looking for a fight. It's a discussion forum not a bar.

Last edited by albee 1; 01-10-11 at 08:55 PM.
    01-10-11 08:39 PM
    +1 deRusset, Yes let us all be humbled.
    QNX would obviously be implemented on an entirely new device.

And I don't quite understand why people have to come here looking for a fight. It's a discussion forum not a bar.

I don't really get it when people come just to fight and argue all the time. It's boring and senseless, almost brainless. Trolls will be trolls, nothing changes them. I just and go about my way on forums.

01-10-11 09:09 PM
    I don't really get it when people come just to fight and argue all the time. It's boring and senseless, almost brainless. Trolls will be trolls, nothing changes them. I just and go about my way on forums.

Fanboi #1: "I love my Blackberry!"

Fanboi #2: "Me too!"

Fanboi #1: "Wow! We have something in common. Let's exchange pin numbers!

Fanboi #2: "OK! This is why I could never leave Blackberry, BBM!

Yea, that's not boring.
    01-10-11 09:19 PM
    Rootbrian, guess it's the safest place to pick a fight if you've had your a*s*s kicked too many times In the bar!

01-10-11 09:23 PM
    Fanboi #1: "I love my Blackberry!"

Fanboi #2: "Me too!"

Fanboi #1: "Wow! We have something in common. Let's exchange pin numbers!

Fanboi #2: "OK! This is why I could never leave Blackberry, BBM!

Yea, that's not boring.
    Yes I would have expected as much coming from a such an experienced expert with a whopping 622 posts!

01-10-11 09:30 PM
    Yes I would have expected as much coming from a such an experienced expert with a whopping 622 posts!

How many posts do I need?
    01-10-11 09:34 PM
    This thread has become stupid. It doesn't matter how many posts you have, it's the quality of the posts.

I'm disappointed with how biased this thread is, it's like a fanboy convention. A lot of BS, no actual information.

01-10-11 10:19 PM
    Fact: it wouldnt happen with the old BB system prior to QNX.

Fact: in the future i bet someone will do it with QNX somehow, they did it to an iphone already
    01-10-11 10:27 PM

Post count means nothing. It just shows your participation wether it was positive or negative.
    01-10-11 10:30 PM
    Post count means nothing. It just shows your participation wether it was positive or negative.
    It also tells me and everyone else how long it took to become a troll.

01-10-11 10:58 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD