I just updated my Q10 with the 10.2.1 os update this morning. Anyone know any tips on how to apply Android apps to my device? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:02 AM
    Just check the crackberry help section for at leat 5 to 6 articles and how tos!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    uc_ray likes this.
    03-14-14 07:04 AM
    Do you know hit to sideload an app? If so then sideload Snap. It's like Google play for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    uc_ray likes this.
    03-14-14 07:06 AM
    Here's the step by step instructions for side loading using Google crome which is what I use and is pretty easy

http://m.crackberry.com/sideload-app...-google-chrome

Posted via CB10
    uc_ray likes this.
    03-14-14 08:18 AM
    I suggest you using SNAP as stated above, BUT to see how apps works just go to apktrain.com and download Subway Surfer for example. After that tap the .apk file you have downloaded: it installs ;-) P.s. Make sure that you have turned on the possibility to install apps from "Settings" --> manage apps --> app installing.

Posted via CB10
    uc_ray likes this.
    03-14-14 08:35 AM
    If you want android apps now and you don't care about how you get them Google Mobile1 on your phone. They have a market you can download and install. If you don't like them amazon has an app store too though it's more limited the odds of getting a virus are less.

If you don't care about viruses then you can go to this site and download apps directly.

http://m.apktrain.com/

The best way is to sideload snap though. It is basically Google Play. It even updates your apps too. Sideloading is tricky for newbies. All of us had playbook so it's old hat. I would recommend at least learning how to sideload because you will want to do it from time to time.

Posted via CB10
    uc_ray likes this.
    03-14-14 08:37 AM
    Yes I was hesitant to side load snap but once I did (using the ddpb way) it is mos def the best way to get android apps on your device.

P.s. The chrome way never worked for me so I did it old skool style

From my new z30
    uc_ray likes this.
    03-14-14 10:28 AM