the quick launch thing is already present on LG devices (g pro and g2) and don't think it is a big deal. as far the mutli-tasking goes the circus continues ..how practical it is to swipe from the top? 2 hands? ...it is like putting lip stick on a pig..the truth of the matter is that no body has got better mutli-tasking and easy of easy switching apps than BB10..
    10-24-13 07:02 PM
    Sweet, I hope they send mine soon, it looks pretty awesome.
    Indeed. Haven't installed yet, looks intriguing.
    10-24-13 07:19 PM
    Android needs this too to steer away from the awkward bottom buttons. I would definitely like to try it out. Very nice !
    10-24-13 07:20 PM
    what? did we watch the same demo of peek? if your BB10 phone does that i need to get mine replaced!
    Even the name is copying.

They "pulled an Apple" on us. Period.

(if you don't knwo what I mean by Pulling an Apple: Take something somebody created, add features and sell it).

Android needs this too to steer away from the awkward bottom buttons. I would definitely like to try it out. Very nice !
    Agreed. And I never said it was not nice. It is. I could do with location awareness on my devices.
    10-24-13 07:28 PM
    Looks cool, but you know.....it's android so it'll stutter a bit and may not be compatible with half the phones out there

Posted via CB10 in California - 2AB83D88
    My Android phone never stutters.. Are you talking about ics devices? :what:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    m1a1mg and Berry_Pink like this.
    10-24-13 07:35 PM
    Just an extension of nokia's Meego os. This was exactly what it could do. BlackBerry 10 copied many things from that, they should copy this too. It is an extremely powerful tool. It's what nokia dev said, you usually don't go through the living room (main menu) just to go from the bedroom to the bathroom, you'd want to go there directly.

However years of going through the home screen by press if a button, for most of us, is a hard thing to unlearn to go from app to app or sleep screen to app. I had the Meego nokia N9 since it's launch and it was very diff to train yourself to use that function all the time without forcing.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:42 PM
    Cover aims to be a smarter lock screen, is invite-only for now | Android Central

I think if BB10 featured this, we'd have a really powerful tool to work with. The idea of peeking and swiping into any app, not just notifications or unified inbox, seems more useful.
    There is a saying that Necessity is the Mother of Invention.

Cover is a very clever way of doing something that is largely a function of BlackBerry10:

The Android and IOS ecosystem is based on a lot of different applications - so the idea of a Home Button to switch between all these applications exists. Cover promises to get rid of that for a lot of the common applications by trying to guess / learn what it is you hope to be doing at any time of the day and making it easier to switch using a sort of Peek gesture. It doesn't really unify the applications but delivers a nicer "menu" or "launcher" on top of all of them.

There is a lot of overlap between BlackBerry10 and Cover but Cover has added some non-Communications apps to the Peek (such as Maps, for example).

As long as Android has many separate apps for the different functions of a PIM they will need Cover-like functionality.

I wonder if it will work seamlessly on all versions of Android, however, as vendors like Samsung have MANY applications which do vaguely similar things and other versions do "just enough" and so it seems like there will need to be several versions of Cover.
    10-24-13 07:51 PM
    I have a feeling Google might just snatch these guys and integrate Cover to Android 7.6 (Magnum) lol.

I love the demo, pretty cool.
    Terser Nori likes this.
    10-24-13 07:52 PM
    What do you guys expect. Android copies everything that's great.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and vrud like this.
    10-24-13 07:54 PM
    Even the name is copying.

They "pulled an Apple" on us. Period.

(if you don't knwo what I mean by Pulling an Apple: Take something somebody created, add features and sell it).
    when the lockscreen on BB10 has even an ounce of the ability of that app, then we`ll have a serious conversation.

On BB10 lockscreen you can tap and see your upcoming calendar events and your unread messages.

On the lockscreen for this app you can load multiple apps, have profiles of available apps per location that contextually change.

yea, totally a copy

Android has been able to launch apps from the lockscreen for ages now, so this is actually a furtherance to that rather than copying the BB10 lockscreen
    10-24-13 08:09 PM
    The video is cool, reminds me of the TAT stuff that BB showed off but never implemented...
    10-24-13 08:11 PM
    Yeah it's looks cool. Is it a 3rd party app?

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    10-24-13 09:38 PM
    Yeah it's looks cool. Is it a 3rd party app?

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    Third-party.

Love the concept. Wonder how battery life will be impacted.
    10-24-13 09:53 PM
    All I want is something that will adjust my password lock interval from 5 minutes to 30 minutes (or even disabled) automatically based on my location. I don't need my phone password locked while I'm home, would like it around 15 mins when in the office, and then perhaps 5 minutes when out in public/new locations.

Some one make this for BB10, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:04 PM
    This should be how tech world works for us consumers. Instead of the dull patent wars tech companies should be able to copy and improve on concepts.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:12 PM
    This should be how tech world works for us consumers. Instead of the dull patent wars tech companies should be able to copy and improve on concepts.

Posted via CB10
    LOL... no one would want to go through the time, trouble and expense of inventing the initial idea or any improvements thereof knowing they would just be copied by the next guy.

Additionally the 'right to exclude others from making and selling' is only half of why patents exist. The other half is, "in exchange for disclosing their invention to the public".

So... without the protection of a patent, companies would keep their developments secret and tightly guarded, others would be unable to examine, learn from, and improve upon them. Thus stagnating the innovation you so desire.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:20 PM
    LOL... no one would want to go through the time, trouble and expense of inventing the initial idea or any improvements thereof knowing they would just be copied by the next guy.
    One can still sell the details of their innovation like codes, designs etc. Only ideas should be allowed to be copied - like UI. Though BB flow and covers flow look similar, I'm sure they have different ways of coding it.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:25 PM
    One can still sell the details of their innovation like codes, designs etc. Only ideas should be allowed to be copied - like UI. Though BB flow and covers flow look similar, I'm sure they have different ways of coding it.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, like Swiftkey licensing their keyboard to BB10
    JR A likes this.
    10-25-13 12:41 AM
    I think we should take this whole "They stole from BB10" thing lightly.

As someone commented above, BB10 "stole" from Nokia's Meego UI. And I almost forgot about Meego, but after remembering it and Googling/Youtubing it's features, BB10 is almost a straight rip off of Meego. If anything, BB10 stealing Meego makes Cover's "stealing" look like nothing.
    10-25-13 01:05 AM
    This is great! Copying? Why reinvent the wheel? They've taken a good concept and made it outstanding.....SOLD!!
    JR A and amazinglygraceless like this.
    10-25-13 01:17 AM
    Guys, the thing is just opening apps. It adds an extra action to the process too: locate icon/touch icon/swipe from icon. It is nothing compared to the integrated messaging centre (the Hub).

The cool thing is the prediction of which apps you need at certain places. But that will probably drive you crazy when 49% of the time, actually, you want to use apps that it doesn't predict. Also, it relies on geo location being permanently on. For obvious reasons (http://www.zeit.de/datenschutz/malte...data-retention ) it's best only to turn geo location on for short amounts of time when you wish to use its functionality.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    10-25-13 01:32 AM
    Looks good to me.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-25-13 01:55 AM
    I just thought that the purpose of locking your device was t not allow access to any app, and have a lock screen to have a glance of your notifications, lock screen equals privacy, launching apps from said screen, at least for me, defeat said privacy, I'd rather keep my device unlocked then
    greenberry666 and togarika like this.
    10-25-13 01:56 AM
    Hmm wonder if I'll be able to side load it?? Hahah

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 02:01 AM
    I just thought that the purpose of locking your device was t not allow access to any app, and have a lock screen to have a glance of your notifications, lock screen equals privacy, launching apps from said screen, at least for me, defeat said privacy, I'd rather keep my device unlocked then
    U know...I did not think of that lol, yh it'll be a nice OPTION, but not one I would use

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-25-13 02:01 AM
172 1234 ...