Should BlackBerry comeup with a phone which has android as it is in secutab

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:08 PM
    This has been discussed countless times.

Now if you want my opinion, I think it's a stupid idea if BlackBerry makes it. If secusmart does, then I'm fine. But BlackBerry should be focusing on more important things

And if bb10 ever disappears and is replaced by android, then I'm leaving to iphones

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pttptppt; 03-14-15 at 09:22 PM.
    03-14-15 02:12 PM
    Please stop with these Android soliciting. It's annoying and a tiresome debate. We get that Android sucks and you're all blessing BlackBerry to make the next great Android phone. Let's just accept the fact that BlackBerry isn't going to make an Android device.

We should feel privileged to have an alternative OS competing on the market to stay innovative. You're in a BlackBerry forum and on here people can attest BB10 is far superior than Android. If people on here wanted Android, they would have gone with far better Android brands like Samsung, Nexus, Motorola, LG, HTC, OnePlusOne.
    Ealaionta likes this.
    03-14-15 02:30 PM
    Please stop with these Android soliciting. It's annoying and a tiresome debate. We get that Android sucks and you're all blessing BlackBerry to make the next great Android phone. Let's just accept the fact that BlackBerry isn't going to make an Android device.

We should feel privileged to have an alternative OS competing on the market to stay innovative. You're in a BlackBerry forum and on here people can attest BB10 is far superior than Android. If people on here wanted Android, they would have gone with far better Android brands like Samsung, Nexus, Motorola, LG, HTC, OnePlusOne.

No bashing, but also a more meaningful thread title would have helped. With more improvements, BB10 is already kinda Android, running on a QNX instead of a Linux kernel.

But I guess for most people, "Android" means full "Google Play" access... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-14-15 08:21 PM
    OS/2 WARP

Am I doing it right?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Tatwi; 03-14-15 at 10:44 PM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-14-15 08:28 PM
    No. Sony is a high profile Android OEM vendor that is on the way out due to poor sales. And Sony offered nice phones - waterproof, dustproof, good camera, etc... The race is already on to manufacture a super cheap android phone and companies like Huawei are driving prices down. There's no way a small company like BlackBerry can compete in that market... It's a non-starter.

BlackBerry's advantage is in partnerships with companies like Samsung (who's looking to differentiate themselves these days in the face of cheaper Android phones). Offer a 'secure' Android that is Enterprise friendly using BlackBerry patents like Movirtu, Secusmart, BES 12 etc. as 'add-ons'. There's no way Chen is going to make a BB10 skinned Android phone, not gonna happen. He'll shut down the BB hardware division before that happens.

What's more likely, imo, is BlackBerry exploring a hardware 'add-on' to candybar phones that adds a PKB / extra battery / case protector to Android and iOS. The fact that BlackBerry jumped on Typo with both feet in the courts signals to me that they're exploring that market.
    thymaster likes this.
    03-14-15 08:41 PM
    No. Enough of these repetitive threads. This is something that should never happen.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    03-14-15 11:26 PM
    Let's just accept the fact that BlackBerry isn't going to make an Android device.
    Let's just accept the fact that BlackBerry IS going to make an Android device.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    03-14-15 11:59 PM

Meh.

Let folks discuss stuff. No sweat...

I completely agree that we are all better off with as many consumer OS choices as possible.
    03-15-15 12:12 AM
    But I guess for most people, "Android" means full "Google Play" access... :-)
    full "Google Services"
    03-15-15 12:31 AM
    But they are not. Keep dreaming buddy.

Let's just accept the fact that BlackBerry IS going to make an Android device.
    03-15-15 01:12 AM
    But they are not. Keep dreaming buddy.
    You're wasting your time.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 01:12 AM
    KermEd, pkcable, pttptppt and 3 others like this.
    03-15-15 01:15 AM