I have been using a Samsung Galaxy S10plus with android 10, the gesture thing is a reburn for me of Navigation on BB10, would be simple to BlackBerry Developers recreate the BlackBerry Launcher, to integrate Hub and notification system of android on Hub?

Android is clearly simple to modify.

Wouldn't be the gesture on Android 10 the motive that BlackBerry didn't launch a new device?

Could BlackBerry being work on a Android Interface similar to BB10?

What do you think?
    01-20-20 10:49 AM
    I have been using a Samsung Galaxy S10plus with android 10, the gesture thing is a reburn for me of Navigation on BB10, would be simple to BlackBerry Developers recreate the BlackBerry Launcher, to integrate Hub and notification system of android on Hub?

Wouldn't be the gesture on Android 10 the motive that BlackBerry didn't launch a new device?

What do you think?
    Nobody wants it bad enough to pay for it
    01-20-20 11:04 AM
    - BB10 gestures are not the same as Android gestures, and the Android gestures are standardized and must be supported by apps. Using BB10 gestures would break this.

- A third party was persuaded to make a BB10-style launcher for Android. They spent well over $10,000 developing the app and generated revenues of less than $500 selling the app to BB fans.

- No one is going to be making licensed BB-branded phones anymore, so there's no reason for BB Ltd to spend any money on development for them.
    01-20-20 11:07 AM
    I wonder if Cobalt would bother to hack it for us...

100% BlackBerry could have done a lot more to make the launcher more BB10ish.... but in 2015 I think BlackBerry was looking to attract Android users more than transition BB10 users. In 2020... even that boat has sailed.
    ppeters914 and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    01-20-20 11:15 AM

What do you think?
    With respect to devices, any question that starts with:

- could BlackBerry...
    - should BlackBerry...
    - can BlackBerry...
    - will BlackBerry...

gets an automatic hard no.
    01-20-20 11:40 AM
    - BB10 gestures are not the same as Android gestures, and the Android gestures are standardized and must be supported by apps. Using BB10 gestures would break this.

- A third party was persuaded to make a BB10-style launcher for Android. They spent well over $10,000 developing the app and generated revenues of less than $500 selling the app to BB fans.

- No one is going to be making licensed BB-branded phones anymore, so there's no reason for BB Ltd to spend any money on development for them.
    Where can I find tua launcher to test?
    01-20-20 01:19 PM
    It's long been abandoned.
    01-20-20 01:21 PM

- could BlackBerry...
    - should BlackBerry...
    - can BlackBerry...
    - will BlackBerry...

Replace BlackBerry with UniHertz and now you have a small chance...
    01-20-20 01:48 PM
    Can we add a slider PKB into the mix as well.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-20-20 01:58 PM
    Replace BlackBerry with UniHertz and now you have a small chance...
    Depends on what BlackBerry meant too you....

If it was just the PKB... Unihertz might offer a fix for that.

If it was Security or Privacy.... pretty sure Unihertz is not offering that at all.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-20-20 02:11 PM
    Can we add a slider PKB into the mix as well.

How about smaller Classic, Q10 and 9900 sizes PKB too?
    01-20-20 03:01 PM
    How about smaller Classic, Q10 and 9900 sizes PKB too?
    No need for a smaller classic as the original size is good for the pockets.

bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-20-20 03:21 PM
    OK... OP was just talking software.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-20-20 03:25 PM
    No need for a smaller classic as the original size is good for the pockets.

I always forget people don’t see my sarcasm
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-20-20 03:26 PM
    I always forget people don’t see my sarcasm
    It's all right as a ' sarcastic old git ' according to my wife I totally understood.
    Lol.

01-20-20 03:30 PM
    Also -if I remember correctly- the almighty Blackberry threaten the developer with lawsuits and make him remove the launcher from the Playstore.
    01-20-20 05:46 PM
    Contrary to popular belief, the launcher is still available (nothing is ever lost forever on the internets, is it?) from here: https://m.apkpure.com/zinqs-launcher...nqs.blackberry

I believe version 1.0.16 was the best of the lot but ymmv.
    01-20-20 08:25 PM
    Contrary to popular belief, the launcher is still available (nothing is ever lost forever on the internets, is it?) from here: https://m.apkpure.com/zinqs-launcher...nqs.blackberry

I believe version 1.0.16 was the best of the lot but ymmv.
    Why use that instead of the official BB Launcher?
    01-20-20 08:30 PM
    Why use that instead of the official BB Launcher?
    The poster asked for the 3rd party BB10-like launcher did he/she not? Or am I losing it again?
    01-20-20 08:34 PM
    The poster asked for the 3rd party BB10-like launcher did he/she not? Or am I losing it again?
    No, you're not losing it. I just wondered what the difference was. Guess I could install it, but why bother for an unsupported, no further development app?

FWIW, I use Evie, not the official BB Launcher.
    01-20-20 08:37 PM
    No, you're not losing it. I just wondered what the difference was. Guess I could install it, but why bother for an unsupported, no further development app?

Hey - I just gave him what he was asking for - I've tried it and didn't work for me at all. I've learned long ago not to make android look like BB10.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-20-20 08:44 PM

The BB10 Launcher tried to mimic the look of the stock BB10 interface, including the swipe to the right to open the Hub. At least as much as android would allow.

The BlackBerry Launcher is just a slightly modified standard Android launcher - widgets, app drawer and all. All they did was add the spark notification and the BB10 icon set as an option.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-20-20 10:05 PM

- could BlackBerry...
    - should BlackBerry...
    - can BlackBerry...
    - will BlackBerry...

If Toronto itself is crazy enough to spend 4 billion dollars to make an artifical/real downtown park above core rail tracks because they conveniently forgot to (order condo developers to set aside public space in their ground or other floor designs) when they built a ton of condos downtown.....restarting BlackBerry 10 sounds like genius in comparison. So maybe a soft yes relative to other decisions. Not saying it would happen. Just saying it is entirely possible to pursue given what people these days are considering spending money on..
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-20-20 10:36 PM
    I have read all last messages, so I'll explain what I mean with my topic:

1. I think that BlackBerry is waiting to launch a new BlackBerry device to implement Hub with the new gesture that Google brings on Android 10.

Samsung adapted the gesture of Android 10 as they think is better and recreated the One UI 2.0.

2. it's not difficult to implement read and response of notifications of messages apps on notification of Android. and there is a lot of APIs to integrate WhatsApp Business to CRM apps... so, it's possible to do the same integration of notifications on HUB similar was done on BB10.

3. BB10 CANNOT BE REBUILD, but the question here is... we SAW the paradise and nobody have done something similar with focus on Productivity... BlackBerry has this concept and can work with it again.
    01-21-20 06:26 AM
    I have read all last messages, so I'll explain what I mean with my topic:

1. I think that BlackBerry is waiting to launch a new BlackBerry device to implement Hub with the new gesture that Google brings on Android 10.

Samsung adapted the gesture of Android 10 as they think is better and recreated the One UI 2.0.

2. it's not difficult to implement read and response of notifications of messages apps on notification of Android. and there is a lot of APIs to integrate WhatsApp Business to CRM apps... so, it's possible to do the same integration of notifications on HUB similar was done on BB10.

3. BB10 CANNOT BE REBUILD, but the question here is... we SAW the paradise and nobody have done something similar with focus on Productivity... BlackBerry has this concept and can work with it again.
    BlackBerry has no desire to recreate BB10 on Android hardware for anyone
    01-21-20 06:41 AM
64 123