Okay well right now im not really happy with my 8330 because for one it is slow and like none of the apps work and with the OS 5.0 it just messes it up more.

But on the contrary my mom just got an HTC Hero and it is really fun and everything works and it has the Android Market and everything is fast and a big screen.

So i just want to know if i should switch to HTC and like try it out or upgrade to the a more top blackberry like the Tour and see how that goes.
    12-15-09 01:01 AM
    But I would go with Android cause you stated that you need a phone that will not bore you. Blackberry is boring after you know how to use it.
    12-15-09 01:06 AM
    Well yea i want a phone thats fun and that will keep me entertained everyday and u know finding something new everyday and be like oh! but with blackberry in a week or less u got the whole phone down

But i dont know y but i dont want to leave blackberry bcoz it like keeps u tied to it u know but i think i can break that bond and go for the HTC
    12-15-09 01:20 AM
    ugh idk though if i should ugh the decision is so hard
    12-15-09 01:30 AM
    Yes, please switch to a different phone. Blackberries are for adults. Maybe try an iPhone.
    12-15-09 01:35 AM
    This is not hard. If you want to be entertained and amused, the BlackBerry (any
    BlackBerry) is the wrong choice for you.

I have to ask how old are you?
    12-15-09 01:36 AM
    Yes, please switch to a different phone. Blackberries are for adults. Maybe try an iPhone.
    Come on thats not fair, I know alot of college students who use it. Although I don't think they realize the true potential and just uses most to text
    12-15-09 01:37 AM
    Come on thats not fair, I know alot of college students who use it. Although I don't think they realize the true potential and just uses most to text
    The age questions are not meant to be insults. They are meant to help us
    help the OP determine a good direction to go.
    12-15-09 01:43 AM
    Well yes the blackberry is really businessy and well boring and the HTC Hero looks like a way to go

And well im 15. With my age in mind should i make the switch
    12-15-09 01:48 AM
    At 15, I would say absolutely. The BlackBerry really offers very little for your age
    group (again, no offense). Given the primary focus of the BlackBerry and the
    primary needs of teenagers (yes, I am generalizing), I really think you would be
    better served by a different and more flexible platform.
    12-15-09 01:54 AM
    Well no offense taken.

And wat is the primary focus of the Blackberry and don't worry becoz teens might as well be all the same in one thing or another

and yes i would like the Android but wat phone would you recommend in sprint for a teen
    12-15-09 01:58 AM
    The age questions are not meant to be insults. They are meant to help us
    help the OP determine a good direction to go.
    That makes no sense. I am 43 and I want a phone that does everything. I want a phone that will have a solid business platform for the weekdays and tons of fun at night and on weekends.

In this day and age I dont feel I am asking to much for that to happen. The HTC is going in a cool direction in that you can very QUICKLY and EASILY switch from a business setting to a recreation setting. Only the apps you want when you want them.

Don't tell me that you can do this on a Blackberry because I am sick of staring at the clock waiting for my theme to change. And browsing the web on my Tour is painful! I am sitting here looking at a picture of my son when he was three. Currently he is in his 2nd year at Cal Poly San Luise Obispo and I know thats what he wants.

Soon he will be in the business world along with all of his friends making the purchasing agreements for their companies and if things don't change at rim it wont be a blackberry they will be buying for their companies. Soon these "Kids" will be making the buying decisions and they will look upon "That Blackberry" as the old thing my father used.
    12-15-09 02:03 AM
    That makes no sense. I am 43 and I want a phone that does everything. I want a phone that will have a solid business platform for the weekdays and tons of fun at night and on weekends.

In this day and age I dont feel I am asking to much for that to happen. The HTC is going in a cool direction in that you can very QUICKLY and EASILY switch from a business setting to a recreation setting. Only the apps you want when you want them.

Don't tell me that you can do this on a Blackberry because I am sick of staring at the clock waiting for my theme to change. And browsing the web on my Tour is painful! I am sitting here looking at a picture of my son when he was three. Currently he is in his 2nd year at Cal Poly San Luise Obispo and I know thats what he wants.

Soon he will be in the business world along with all of his friends making the purchasing agreements for their companies and if things don't change at rim it wont be a blackberry they will be buying for their companies. Soon these "Kids" will be making the buying decisions and they will look upon "That Blackberry" as the old thing my father used.

Exactly i completely agree and then soon i will be there in the business world and i will be buyer not satisfied with RIM's OS and phones although the design is getting better finally! the OS hasn't and compared to the Android it is really slow and not fun but just pure business
    12-15-09 02:06 AM
    On the focus issue I really disagree with you. Yes the BB has become more
    "consumer friendly" but at it's core it is a device designed for business users.
    Just look at the things non-business users want that still are not incorporated
    into the Operating System. You can't even save a phone number to "mobile" by
    default. There are far fewer apps. The OS is stuck in 1999. The browser is way
    substandard by comparison to all other platforms and I can go on. To most
    business users these things are unimportant but to a general user they sure as
    **** are.

The two phones on Sprint I would take a look at is the Palm Pixi (drop dead sexy)
    and the HTC Snap.
    12-15-09 02:08 AM
    It makes perfect sense because unlike you (or I for that matter) a 15 year old
    does not care about the business aspect. The OP got it.
    12-15-09 02:10 AM
    get the droid or the hero,it will serve all your purposes.
    12-15-09 02:13 AM
    On the focus issue I really disagree with you. Yes the BB has become more
    "consumer friendly" but at it's core it is a device designed for business users.
    Just look at the things non-business users want that still are not incorporated
    into the Operating System. You can't even save a phone number to "mobile" by
    default. There are far fewer apps. The OS is stuck in 1999. The browser is way
    substandard by comparison to all other platforms and I can go on. To most
    business users these things are unimportant but to a general user they sure as
    **** are.

The two phones on Sprint I would take a look at is the Palm Pixi (drop dead sexy)
    and the HTC Snap.

Again i agree yes you are right i has more of a cool design that brings in consumers but yes the OS is stuck in time like in 1999. Now there is graphics and those graphics need speed and well their OS isn't optimized for that and exactly the general user does want fun stuff and yet a few serious while business users dont give a crap wat the phone does all they want it to do is meet their needs and that is where RIM is wrong just targeting business users and not targeting the non business users like the other platforms do

and well ive seen those and i dont like the design of the HTC Snap and well the Palm PIXI is alright but wat would you think about the HTC Hero
    12-15-09 02:15 AM
    and the HTC Snap.
    The pixi is a Pre with a fixed keyboard. My wife has the Pre and it is getting close to being there but still has a ways to go. I have preware on her phone and some good apps are in the works. VAD is a big miss in my opinion and I would like to see the Pre/Pixi go the way of a full touch screen. If a physical keyboard is a must make it a horizontal slider. That keyboard on the Pre/Pixi just does not cut it. HTC (For me) is a much better choice, has a lot going for it!!!
    Last edited by stoneworrior; 12-15-09 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Wrong quote stuck in firefox
    12-15-09 02:15 AM
    You shoud go for the android platform. It will serve you better as far as its great for media and internet.
    12-15-09 02:16 AM
    and well ive seen those and i dont like the design of the HTC Snap and well the Palm PIXI is alright but wat would you think about the HTC Hero
    This I cannot answer. I despise touchscreen devices with a passion so I have
    no real knowledge of the HTC Hero.
    12-15-09 02:20 AM
    This I cannot answer. I despise touchscreen devices with a passion so I have
    no real knowledge of the HTC Hero.
    oh well sorry if i brought up a bad memory all of a sudden. But lets say i do get the HTC Hero how can u type good and fast on a touchscreen
    12-15-09 02:22 AM
    Again, I'm not the guy to ask. Last touchscreen device I had was an Audiovox
    Maestro and that was back in 2000. When you were 6
    12-15-09 02:26 AM
    Go for Android. I own a small insurance agency and use my Motorola Droid for all aspects, email, word, excel, attachments, photos, photo editing, video, calender, tasks, notes, games, radio, widgets, customize it any way you want. I had the BB tour and I loved it until I met THE DROID. Business an Pleasure = Android

BB OS is outdated, I need to look up a quote online and my tour couldn't do it, browser all messed up. On my Droid with android 2.0 I can, so for my business its android.

I think you would be happy with any of the new Android phones.
    12-15-09 02:26 AM
    Wow i feel old lol and well oh so i guess i decided to switch to the Android Platform but i still won't leave crackberry because this is just an awesome site and like yea
    12-15-09 02:27 AM
    Well also the HTC Hero i heard that i will be able to upgrade to Android 2.0 from its current Android 1.5
    12-15-09 02:28 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD