Okay, all I want info on is the browsers. I have all I need to know about everything else. (at least for me)

how does the android browser compare with 6.0. I have used 5.0 and can definitely say that i love that Androids WAY better then 5.0. But what about 6?

okay, so also, does gmail calendar sync with bb? i know email does.
    05-24-11 10:16 PM
    The BBOS6 browser is great
    The downfall of it is the hardware, and the Noc.

If the BB sported the same hardware as the respective Androinds, I'd say the browser was easily as good, BUT! Because that can't be done if you are looking for google integration + web browsing

Android is for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 10:26 PM
    Ya, I would say if you are just going for browser, I would go Android... the new BB7 Browser will probably be really good, especially because of the upgraded hardware specs... but many Android devices have bigger screens than even the new BB Touch will have, so unless you love the BB OS or BBM, or the BB's keyboard style, I would go Android for browsing.
    05-24-11 10:31 PM
    I can't much compare the differences between the Android and BB browser, but I can let you know this. My friend has an iPhone3. We were sitting across a table, she with AT&T and me with Sprint, both with similar number of bars showing, both with 3G service. I had my Style. We were doing a Google search on federal (USA) G11-marked license plates. I did two Google searches to her one, and we both ended up finding the answer at the same time. The OS6 browser is reasonably fast, and works just fine for a lot of things. If you're into viewing websites with lots of high-res graphics or video, the BB browser is probably not going to be the best. As deRusett stated, it is the hardware. It isn't as video-focused.

I find my Google calendar syncs just fine with my BB. Your mileage may vary.
    chelseytx likes this.
    05-24-11 10:32 PM
    speed is a lot of my thing. i am loving the bb more than android (id even go so far as to say hate android if it wasnt for the browser). on the bb speed was the main thing. the other being the capital one site. i had a lot of problems trying to transfer money over.

with android you cant keep anything open, (unless its rooted? haven't tried that yet) the integrated calendar sucks, i have to use my gmail to do most things. and just other stuff.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 05-24-11 at 10:41 PM.
    05-24-11 10:38 PM
    oh yeah @deRusett i have no clue what you mean by Noc lol.

and @ Ferretling - what do you mean mileage may vary?
    05-24-11 10:39 PM
    Your mileage may vary: your experience might not be the same as his/hers. NOC: Network Op Center.

I think BB OS6 browser has come a long ways, and is getting to where it needs to be. I use Android now, but have no ruled out a return to BB if/when they better suit my business needs.

And, I found that GCal synced VERY well on BB.

Go for what suits you.
    05-24-11 11:36 PM
    speed is a lot of my thing. i am loving the bb more than android (id even go so far as to say hate android if it wasnt for the browser). on the bb speed was the main thing. the other being the capital one site. i had a lot of problems trying to transfer money over.

with android you cant keep anything open, (unless its rooted? haven't tried that yet) the integrated calendar sucks, i have to use my gmail to do most things. and just other stuff.
    If you dislike android, then stay with BB. The OS6 browser really isn't that bad at all. It's not as good as the android browser yet, but IMO it's in no way bad.
    chelseytx likes this.
    05-24-11 11:39 PM
    If you dislike android, then stay with BB. The OS6 browser really isn't that bad at all. It's not as good as the android browser yet, but IMO it's in no way bad.
    I agree. Well said.
    05-24-11 11:43 PM
    If you want flash, stay with Android.

Personally me we are talking seconds loading time. Besides the browser, BB does everything I need it too better. Even the slower browser don't bother me and for me I don't need flash on a phone. If I have it fine, but not a necessity....

Good luck!
    05-25-11 04:50 AM
    More info on OS7 browser:

Web Browser Shootout: BlackBerry 7 on the Bold 9930 vs. BlackBerry 6 on the Bold 9780!
    http://crackberry.com/web-browser-sh...ry-6-bold-9780

[Article] BlackBerry 7 browser performance is faster than the iPhone4, Android
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=610989
    05-25-11 07:50 AM
    Your mileage may vary based on the speed of your respective phone networks. (As in AT&T vs. Sprint).

Your mileage may vary based on whether you are a faster typer on a keyboard vs. a virtual keypad.

You may have a different experience than mine; you may find the Android browser faster. But there are a huge number of variables, and for some things the BB OS6 browser may be just as capable or even better than Android. Or iPhone.
    chelseytx likes this.
    05-25-11 08:49 AM
    thanks to everyone for your info. it has helped!
    05-25-11 06:07 PM
    the browser is manageable...i wouldnt compare it to android or iOS...it lags....and if you are questioning it...you will most likely be disappointed...I know I am

BUT relative to BB historical browsers it is the most advanced
    05-25-11 08:31 PM
    compared to other BBs, BB6 Browser is Safari

compared to Android browser (or Skyfire) it is Netscape 2.0 running on Windows 98

WELL that might be extreme...closer to IE7 running on XP
    05-26-11 11:04 AM
    Speed is not the only factor. You should take into account data efficiency if you're on a low-cap data plan, as well as having access to keyboard shortcuts and a trackpad. Browsing on the Torch is an absolute pleasure that doesn't involve poking around a large touchscreen.

05-26-11 11:26 AM
    Speed is not the only factor. You should take into account data efficiency if you're on a low-cap data plan, as well as having access to keyboard shortcuts and a trackpad. Browsing on the Torch is an absolute pleasure that doesn't involve poking around a large touchscreen.

I agree on data. But the web is not that much better. BB excels on using less data for email and such.

Also, many Android devices employ trackballs and trackpads (Nexus One, G2, Aria, Droid Eris, Droid 1, Flipout, Backflip, G1).
    05-26-11 11:53 AM
    Interesting thread
    05-27-11 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD