I got my z10 when it was launched in the UK and so that makes it roughly 6months old. I have had one minor and one major OS update(from 10.0 to 10.1...for Skype) which is 10.1.0.273 and then I had another minor update which was meant to correct the random reboot...(10.1.0.2354). I've had many issues after the last update and they're listed:

1. Battery life has been horrible and the phone barely lasts 4hours on moderate use. I have had many attempts to restore to factory settings but each time I try, either directly from the phone or from bblink(1.1.1.32) which is the latest from the BlackBerry website, the phone gets wiped but on restart, I still have the latest OS I last installed or bblink reports that there's no software update for my device. I installed a leak 10.1.0.4651 and bblink then says I have an update of 10.1.0.273. I updated to that and I cannot restore anything back to the phone.

2.. all OS versions mentioned above have a common issue with identifying callers. I have my local contacts saved without the international dialing code but noticed that no name is displayed when I receive text messages(cos the messages have the dialing code added as prefix to the numbers), so I cannot tell who sends a message. On order to correct this, I edited all the local contacts by manually adding the dialing code to the numbers, only to find that their names are not displayed when they call me....even after editing the smart dialing section in call settings, this remains the same, so I either do not know who calls or who sends a text, depending on which way I save the contacts.

I have been battling with these for a week now and getting fed up with it all, please I need some help. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 01:30 PM
    Don't think I'd put up with all that crap for even a month. Good luck.
    07-23-13 01:34 PM
    Mine always been fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 01:34 PM
    I'd be upset too OP. I wish I could help but I've never encountered these issues before. Is there another leaked OS you could try?
    07-23-13 01:45 PM
    I may not be of any real help here, however regarding the battery, are you using an "under powered" charger?
    I have a few older BB chargers that really don't charge my phone well, and once they do charge it, I burn through the battery very quickly, however when I use my playbook charger, I get a full day out of my battery with heavy use.
    All the best
    anon(5876743) likes this.
    07-23-13 01:57 PM
    An older charger should take longer to charge the battery, but once it is charged, it shouldn't matter.
    07-23-13 02:03 PM
    I had the contacts problem with a few on whatsapp only.. After a few days it seemed to fix itself.. As for battery, go and get a new one, it may be a dud.. and make sure Wifi, bluetooth nfc are all off

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 02:19 PM
    An older charger should take longer to charge the battery, but once it is charged, it shouldn't matter.
    That's what I thought too but it's what I've faced. I remember seeing somewhere in here before and maybe even release that said something to the same effect. Essentially causing the battery to drain quicker. I'd have to do a search.

Good luck OP

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 03:36 PM
    That's what I thought too but it's what I've faced. I remember seeing somewhere in here before and maybe even release that said something to the same effect. Essentially causing the battery to drain quicker. I'd have to do a search.

Good luck OP

Posted via CB10
    I have seen similar results with several BB phones. Charger seemed to make a difference. Probably some science behind it...
    07-23-13 03:53 PM
    I got my z10 when it was launched in the UK and so that makes it roughly 6months old. I have had one minor and one major OS update(from 10.0 to 10.1...for Skype) which is 10.1.0.273 and then I had another minor update which was meant to correct the random reboot...(10.1.0.2354). I've had many issues after the last update and they're listed:

1. Battery life has been horrible and the phone barely lasts 4hours on moderate use. I have had many attempts to restore to factory settings but each time I try, either directly from the phone or from bblink(1.1.1.32) which is the latest from the BlackBerry website, the phone gets wiped but on restart, I still have the latest OS I last installed or bblink reports that there's no software update for my device. I installed a leak 10.1.0.4651 and bblink then says I have an update of 10.1.0.273. I updated to that and I cannot restore anything back to the phone.

2.. all OS versions mentioned above have a common issue with identifying callers. I have my local contacts saved without the international dialing code but noticed that no name is displayed when I receive text messages(cos the messages have the dialing code added as prefix to the numbers), so I cannot tell who sends a message. On order to correct this, I edited all the local contacts by manually adding the dialing code to the numbers, only to find that their names are not displayed when they call me....even after editing the smart dialing section in call settings, this remains the same, so I either do not know who calls or who sends a text, depending on which way I save the contacts.

I have been battling with these for a week now and getting fed up with it all, please I need some help. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    You are being delusional, its all your fault and don't try and blame blackberry for it. The Z10 is a perfect phone and my batter lasts 3 days with heavy use. Yoy are obviously a troll.

Posted via CB10
    nquyen likes this.
    07-23-13 03:54 PM
    Well the battery life could be better i agree, but I haven't experienced any of the other issues you mentioned!
    07-23-13 03:56 PM
    You may have a valid concern but your title is way aggressive

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 04:01 PM
    I'd be upset too OP. I wish I could help but I've never encountered these issues before. Is there another leaked OS you could try?
    I have seen a number of leaks on here but never had the balls to try any, i eventually tried the one I listed seeing that i was desperate to resolve it but cos I got no improvements, i downgraded with link again and I'm back on one of the official ones. I'm hoping that another official one would come soon but I've read so much about the caller id issue even on supportforums.blackberry and a few other places, so I know it's quite common. As for using link, i don't know why it's not as good as previous desktop managers...just wish it were.
    07-23-13 04:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    My title is deliberate just so I could get someone to read and perhaps help....cos I've raised concerns about the battery before and had only about 4 responses...it's just to get some help.
    07-23-13 04:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    amazingly worrisome is hardly an aggressive title you delicate flower
    07-23-13 04:07 PM
    I have seen similar results with several BB phones. Charger seemed to make a difference. Probably some science behind it...
    I'd read either Kevin or some other CB team saying legacy chargers don't power up the bb10 battery properly, so haven't tried any other charger apart from the one that came with it. I'd give that a try now, could be
    ..cos I recall that my SGS3 original charger took ages to charge while others did the job better.
    07-23-13 04:11 PM
    I use an older charger on my z10,it always warns me to use the proper charger. Phones always fully charged in the morning and gives me a whole day with heavy to moderate use
    07-23-13 04:17 PM
    Well the battery life could be better i agree, but I haven't experienced any of the other issues you mentioned!

Amazingly worrisome!!!!-img_00000198.png

The call list shows a number I had saved without the dialing code, when I dial that way, all is well but when he sent a message, no name was displayed cos it cane with a prefix code. After editing and saving the number by adding the code, he calls and this time, i get no name but just his number without the code....i dial him in return and got the same. if i edit again, calls might seem fine but texts won't. I guess those looking for trolls can see now that i didn't cook the story up...
    07-23-13 04:31 PM
    For battery life, adjust screen brightness and turn off any communications you don't use, like NFC or Bluetooth. My phone lasts 2 days with out Bluetooth and less than a day with it.
    07-23-13 04:35 PM
    I suggest you let him bark on....there's nothing in the post that suggests having any dislike for the device. I merely raised concerns for my own device and not the devices in general and I'm here to seek help. Apparently, he speaks dog language, so it's hard to understand him. Please, let's not change the subject so we could get resolutions for the problems. Thanks
    I wish I had an answer for you. I had to move on myself, hope you get a resolution.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-23-13 05:11 PM
    dont be too quick to call him a troll.

Each their own!!

and i actually agree with battery issue. sometimes my battery is great. but other time.. it barely lasts half the day before its on yellow due to moderate use. I dont think this is acceptable.. but as i have no idea how the competition fair with battery life.. i dont complain and carry a charger with me everywhere... also in response to someones comment about what charger the op is using, i cant speak for him but i use the charger supplied with the phone... i think this is no an issue with the phone needing return... the battery life on the z10 is most definetely less than agreeable...
    I have a SGS3 and work some 12 hour days. My battery lasts without a problem. I carry a spare but never use it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    amjass12 likes this.
    07-23-13 05:13 PM
    OP asked for help. Don't be an *****. Because he's not licking BlackBerry's sweetspot, that doesn't make him a troll!

OP - I've got little to add other than to say I'm experiencing the same issue with caller ID on my Q10. It's only since I've installed a leak though and from what I've read it's fairly common. As for the battery, you shouldn't have to do it, but the battery bundle is excellent - being able to not only have a spare with me, but use it as an external charger is great.

Hope you get things sorted.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-23-13 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Edited quote.
    07-23-13 05:13 PM
    Don't seem like a troll to me. He has valid points

Everybody has an issue with contacts and i have the exact same problem with sms.

My battery is fine though

It's normal that some might be extra aggressive toward issue pointers or critics but thats because they invested money into this platform and don't wanna see that money go down the drain.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 05:16 PM
    One simple solution: just create 2 phone numbers for the same contact - one with the prefix and the other without it.

I haven't tried it myself, but seems a good workaround for solving your problem - at least until a future OS update that could solve it for good.

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    07-23-13 05:17 PM

If you're on a STL-2/3/4 and don't mind installing a leak, 4537 or 4561 should solve your battery problems. The radio files in those leaks are simply awesome compared to prior builds. I was at my wit's end as well before these leaks. Now a very happy Z10 camper.
    07-23-13 05:20 PM
39 12