View Poll Results: How do you protect your phone?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use an invisishield.

3 15.79%
  • I use a clear rubber or plastic case.

8 42.11%
  • No case on the phone, I use the included holster.

4 21.05%
  • No case, I bought this phone to use and enjoy, not to live in fear of dropping it.

4 21.05%
    Alright folks, listen to this. So Ive had a tour since january. Its been in a clear rubber case since 5 minutes after it was taken out of the box. When i've dropped the phone, the case has done an excellent job of protecting the corners and the screen. Unfortunately, the other day, I dropped my phone and the black piece along the top front by where the ear speaker is got scratched since the case doesnt cover that. I saw my roommate filing her fake (acrylic) nails. I began thinking and got inspired!

The file that she used was not a typical nail file like I've seen. It has 3 sides on it. The blue #1 side says smooth, the purple #2 says buff, and the pink #3 says shine.

Now keep in mind I didnt have any gouges on my phone, just some fine scratches that could barely be felt at all with a finger nail. They were still visible and painful to look at. I stole my friends storm for a second thats scratched and scraped to ****. I figured I would use his phone as a test phone since he could care less if it got another scratch.

The blue smooth side on the file did not scratch the phone at all. Sides 2 and 3 really were the most effective.

Long story short I am happy I have found a way to remove scratches from my phone because I never have any luck with invisishields.

Just make sure when you buy the file, that none of the sides are rough, at all. This is more of a finishing file she says, used for making your nails shine, not gritty at all like some are that are used to remove ridges and shape the nail itself.

I was especially careful when filing around the blackberry logo. I am sure that would start to come off if you got too vigorous with filing in that area.

Let me know what you think and if you have any other tips/suggestions that everyone could find useful!

Regards,
    JFriend33
    04-13-10 09:06 AM
    Alright, first one, i am a bit overprotective, my tour is covered in an invisible sheild, and i have it in a case mate hybrid. Lol my wife says im obsessed , i would have to agree.
    04-13-10 09:14 AM
    Alright, first one, i am a bit overprotective, my tour is covered in an invisible sheild, and i have it in a case mate hybrid. Lol my wife says im obsessed , i would have to agree.
    Haha. If I could find someone that could put on an invisishield on my phone, and be there to replace the pieces when they peel off (an invisihield live in assistant), trust I would have one! I still have the factory screen protector on my phone. Then I have the clear case on the phone, and that fits in the original leather holster.

My friend who is like you yells at me and says its going to affect the wear and tear on the back button and end key. Oh well.

When I get the chips on my mariners front bumper repainted, I'm going to put an invisishield on it!
    04-13-10 09:19 AM
    Ah yes, obsessed we are with shinny toys! My wife says the same thing, and you would think a dog chewed on her BB....heII a dog might have chewed on it! IDK

I have my bold in an invisawhidgadoo...from BestSkinsEver and it was $10 and a $20 Otterbox.

Patience, clean clean cleanlyness, and a bowl of water with a drop or two of dishsoap (in that order) is the KEY to a good invisibile install. That is my way to "remove" scratches from my screen. LOL Buuuuut, I really like your idea and may try that on my wifes phone.

Thank you, Nerd
    04-13-10 09:31 AM
    My local Best Buy installed my Invisishield, for an extra $14 but I never could have done that myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD