Worked ok in my Bold, too
    12-22-08 10:33 AM
    I can't get it to work either, and it's basically just annoying. The "back" and "accept" commands requiring use of the "alt" key???
    That's what I thought at first too. Just press the "apps" key to the left of your trackball. This brings up a menu and then just click the track ball.

Pretty simple really.

Now if I could just get the voice commands to play correctly and not get clipped off.
    12-22-08 11:04 AM
    Now if I could just get the voice commands to play correctly and not get clipped off.
    Seems to be only happening to the *30's (ie CDMA varients) which I vaguely remember skimming some technical docs somewhere about the CDMA phones only able to do one player instance, maybe their app is trying to play 2 (or more) audiio streams at a time and the 2nd one kills the voice nav stream?
    12-22-08 11:36 AM
    It works on the Bold (using it NOW) and found addresses that Blackberry Maps and Google Maps didn't. However, I miss Telenav's tight address book integration, estimated time of arrival, and more rich verbal directions. Still, since Telenav doesn't suppor the Bold it is the best available other than AT&T Navigator. As an aside, I have tried to cancel Telenav since before I bought the Bold and just now got an email stating that my monthly payment had been processed today...for a service I cannot use...after several emails to cancel. Buncha thieves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Umm, you know AT&T Navigator IS telenav, right? I mean telenav makes the navigator software.
    12-22-08 06:31 PM
    Does it support only US Addresses or works for other countries as well??
    12-27-08 05:59 AM
    I've downloaded and tried the app twice, no go for me. BBMaps works like a charm. VZW unlocked the GPS but only for use with BBMaps and VZNav? Arg...
    Try starting BB Maps before you start amAze. I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here, but on my Flip amAze won't initiate the BT connection to my GPS on its own. If I run BB Maps first to do the linkup, amAze sees the GPS just fine. I can then exit BB Maps and amAze keeps right on trucking.

Edit: Just saw orangeagent's post. You are not alone in having to run BB Maps or Google Maps before amAze.
    Last edited by hubermania; 12-27-08 at 04:51 PM.
    12-27-08 04:47 PM
    Does it support only US Addresses or works for other countries as well??
    You bet it works for other countries. Download and try it for yourself. Click Search, then Address, then State (what a horrible misnomer). There are dozens of countries mixed in with the U.S. states. Athens, Greece came up just fine on my American Flip.
    12-27-08 05:11 PM
    doesnt work on the storm very well
    I can't even get it to set up. I can't scroll on the screen to pick my location. (9530)
    12-31-08 04:20 PM
    thanks alot for the reply. google maps works great, i would just like the voice instructions so i didn't have to look at the phone while i drive. if you figure out how to unlock (alltel) the gps, let me know. thanks
    12-31-08 10:42 PM
    Try starting BB Maps before you start amAze. I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here, but on my Flip amAze won't initiate the BT connection to my GPS on its own. If I run BB Maps first to do the linkup, amAze sees the GPS just fine. I can then exit BB Maps and amAze keeps right on trucking.

Edit: Just saw orangeagent's post. You are not alone in having to run BB Maps or Google Maps before amAze.
    Tried that, no go for me.
    01-02-09 10:26 AM
    I downloaded this to my curve on AT&T and I gotta say I am not really impressed, navigating the menus with the trackball is cumbersome and the application runs slow. On top of that if I want satellite view all I get is "no data" squares so I have to use the stupid looking map view. On top of that there are no voice prompts at all. I guess I expected more from all the reviews.
    01-05-09 06:17 AM
    Hi I installed amze but cant get a connection, i know my BB has internet access any tips?
    01-11-09 10:53 PM
    I downloaded this to my curve on AT&T and I gotta say I am not really impressed, navigating the menus with the trackball is cumbersome and the application runs slow. On top of that if I want satellite view all I get is "no data" squares so I have to use the stupid looking map view. On top of that there are no voice prompts at all. I guess I expected more from all the reviews.
    I agree with most of what you said.

I had version 4.2 or whatever installed on my Curve 8310... for a free application thought it was cool but needed some improvement. Probably used it 4 or 5 times.

Started it up a few weeks ago and got the message saying update 4.5 was available, so I thought GREAT! maybe they had rectified the niggles and made the app more awesome...sadly I was wrong.

First problem was trying to do the update...clicking the prompt did nothing! I eventually took the long route and went through the website to download again which took a further few tries as the server was always timing out!

So now the app was on the phone, but now it wouldnt even start up....kept getting the 'communication error' message for about a week...very annoyed! as it had replaced v4.2 which actually worked with no problems! but there was no way to downgrade.

By this time I had upgraded to the Javelin (curve 2).

Tried the install again.

Went through the same problems as I did on my curve 8310. But eventually it installed but again wasn't able to start up.

At this stage Amaze 4.5 was getting real close to being deleted!
    So I went off to search for other free nav apps, and along came Nav4All and NavTel.

I wont go into detail about these two, other then nav4all worked flawlessly, loads of options, quick UI, just lacks 3d map and unimaginative start up screen...(what's the relevance with the girl?)

lastly NavTel, the impression I got from users on here, was that it was like nav4all and amazegps combined... my initial thought was, a very clean and speedy UI unfortunately thats how far I got with the app, could never get the GPS to connect. and despite what some people have said, it's not free.. its a demo which requires an activation code to make use of the full features.

So that brings me back to Amaze 4.5, rebooted my curve 8900 yesterday and thought i'd give the app one last try before it gets trashed...so there I was outside and low and behold it started! not sure why, as Im pretty sure I've done one or two soft resets in the last few days, tried the app and still had no joy.

So the big question is, am I impressed? and honestly I'm not. Great potential but so damn slow and I hate the button configurations...e.g using the # key and @ key for commands is very annoying.
    Last edited by The Gift; 01-16-09 at 05:27 AM.
    01-16-09 05:19 AM
    As others have stated, the application is slow and the voice getting cut off is a deal breaker.
    01-19-09 10:35 AM
    As others have stated, the application is slow and the voice getting cut off is a deal breaker.
    I'm using this on my Pearl 8130 and the voice doesnt get cut off on mine. It is a lil bit slower on refresh than BBMaps but since its free, doesn't bother me at all. This is damned good software IMO
    01-22-09 07:55 PM
    I'm using this on my Pearl 8130 and the voice doesnt get cut off on mine. It is a lil bit slower on refresh than BBMaps but since its free, doesn't bother me at all. This is damned good software IMO
    745boy,

What version is your BB 8130 OS ?

Elrohir59
    01-24-09 11:30 PM
    hi, i'm new here. I have the bold, i'm wondering if the GPS software require data plan?
    01-25-09 02:41 PM
    doesnt work for me i get a eror 502 bad gateway i have the 8900
    01-25-09 04:25 PM
    hi, i'm new here. I have the bold, i'm wondering if the GPS software require data plan?
    GPS aspect doesn't need a data plan (except verizon usually charged to unlocked GPS, so much misinformation about this lately too), if you want some kind of navigation software that usually does require a data plan.
    01-25-09 07:45 PM
    doesnt work for me i get a eror 502 bad gateway i have the 8900
    That's a server error, ie them.
    01-25-09 07:46 PM
    What the??no indonesia in the country setting??

05-04-09 08:04 PM
    I use AmAze on my curve & it always worked just fine. Voice was clear. Accurate directions. The only bad thing is that it slows down my phone & causes it to freeze up. I've constantly had to re-boot my phone in the last couple days. All in all, if I didn't need it right now then I would have deleted it yesterday.

05-10-09 04:54 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD