I downloaded and used Amaze for the first time last night. However tonight i get the error message cannot find satellite. Am I doing something wrong
    02-02-09 07:02 PM
    No- its the s/w. I tried 5 times before giving up I think it has to do with Verizon for me. You'd think since u own the device u should also be allowed to utilize all functions of said owned device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 05:12 AM
    I hope you don't find it insulting when I ask, "Were you outside?" GPS chip won't find the satelite signal unless you are outside or near a window.

To determine if this is an issue with AmazeGPS only, see if Google Maps can find the GPS signal.
    02-03-09 12:35 PM
    Yes. I was in the car driving. I played around with it last night by a window at home and was able to lock on to a signal. But again this morning when I was in the car there was no signal. But I was driving to work in a snow storm so not sure if the afffects the satellite signal??
    02-03-09 01:21 PM
    You might try installing GPSed and running it first. It starts up quick and seems to be better at aquisition than other programs. Once it's running just switch to your other program and see if it works. It doesn't always work but seems to "jump start" the other GPS apps.

Map your tracks and photos, share your position from your mobile | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service
    02-03-09 01:31 PM
    I just installed Amazegps and found it to be quite nice (the first application I've installed on my new/first BB Bold). The turn-by-turn voice navigation worked perfectly. I still have to get accustomed to the data entry methods (i.e. when to hit menu vs. button vs. esc), but once I get used to it, I can imagine growing very fond of this application.
    02-06-09 02:41 PM
    I can't find a signal either. This is ridiculous. I have verizon and a storm. Everything else looks/works great except for the GPS. I have all setting to allow, what am I doing wrong here?
    10-16-09 07:58 PM
    I have tried everything I can think also. I run Google Maps, Cacheberry and BBMaps with no problems with the GPS but AmAze just won't find it...
    10-21-09 11:14 AM
    For those on Verizon, did you download the Verizon version?
    10-21-09 03:55 PM
    I've had Amaze for about a month now and have had absolutely no problems. This app is probably one of the best so far....and it's FREE. awsome,just awesome.
    10-21-09 04:15 PM
    For those on Verizon, did you download the Verizon version?
    You are my hero. I guess I should have seen that link, but they place it below the PC version information and I never looked at it. Green GPS indicator is great. Thanks!
    10-21-09 09:50 PM
    if AmazeGPS didn't have such a goofy interface, it would be pretty good. It got me to where I was going the other night.

no traffic though.
    10-24-09 05:22 AM
    Does AmazeGPS require data connection?
    10-26-09 02:24 AM
    Yes, amAze requires a data connection.

In Arrow mode, it uses the data connection only when calculating the route. As long as you stay on the route, it won't use more data. If you go off of its route, it will reconnect to recalculate.

In Map mode, it needs to update the map while you drive, so it uses a data connection to do this.

The nice thing is that it offers both modes. But, you will need to have some data to use this app.

My only gripe is the non-use of native blackberry buttons. It's easy to get away with useing # and @ for the option buttons, but it would be nicer if they used the Menu and Back buttons instead.
    10-26-09 07:10 AM
    My only gripe is the non-use of native blackberry buttons. It's easy to get away with useing # and @ for the option buttons, but it would be nicer if they used the Menu and Back buttons instead.
    I completely agree. Those buttons are just plain weird to use.
    10-26-09 01:42 PM
    Can someone explain why there is a monthly fee if it's free? Their site is not that good at explaining the product. Everyone talks about it being free, so.....why would I pay for anything???

Thanks !
    10-26-09 06:14 PM
    that's new. The previous versions were completely free. They changed within the past week.
    10-26-09 06:20 PM
    Just noticed that as I went to reinstall after upgrading OS, went from 4.5 to 5.0, guess they're trying to keep up with RIM. I know prior to this they had a specific VZW version that would find Satellite and worked great, now this one doesn't and probably won't unless you buy. Am gonna see if I have backup of 4.5 on PC to reload.

UPDATE: Just found and installed 4.5 for my Storm and all is well, working great and still free !!! WoooooHooooo
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 10-26-09 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Update
    10-26-09 06:24 PM
    for now....
    10-26-09 06:57 PM
    I hate this app... prefer google maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 09:20 PM
    waiting for google maps to get -voiced- turn by turn directions. Then we can dispense with all others IMHO.
    10-26-09 09:21 PM
    for now....
    That's ok
    10-27-09 06:48 AM
    So, apparently, 4.5 is still free. The new 5.0 is a monthly fee version with more features (red light camera, traffic info...).

I think they have to keep 4.5 as free since they had advertised "Always Free" when they were promoting 4.5. Since 5.0 is a new version , they have changed their model. Still, at around $3/month, it is a lot less that other options.
    10-27-09 09:04 AM
    That's fine if they do that, but it makes me worry because they've almost hidden 4.5 at the extreme bottom of the page. It's not like those sites that say "Here's the free version, OR you can have this spiffy better version for only $X a month." It's like they don't even want people to know about v4.5, which makes me think that they're going to do everything they can to squeeze money out of people, which would entail eventually canning 4.5 altogether. They don't HAVE to do anything with regard to keeping 4.5 free... it wasn't really a contract, just a promise.. and they can go back on that whenever they want pretty much.
    10-27-09 12:33 PM
    I would say that pretty soon 4.5 will probably disappear completely from the site and 5.0 will be the only future option. I ran 4.5 on my wife's Curve and didn't have to log in or anything, so it looks like it is still free. I guess as long as she keeps that BB, she'll be fine.
    10-27-09 08:22 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD