3G is telephone (+internet) connection, without 3G no phone service (except 2G )
    wifi is internet provide
    Wifi is better of course but only 3g can be enough for BB?thanks
    03-05-10 09:21 AM
    3G is telephone (+internet) connection, without 3G no phone service (except 2G )
    wifi is internet provide
    Wifi is better of course but only 3g can be enough for BB?thanks
    BlackBerrys work just fine with only 3G. I've owned 3 of them that did not have Wifi. If you don't need it/don't want to spend the money on it, you're just fine without it. It's just added convenience.

Looking forward to getting my BB Bold 9650 on Monday to replace my Tour to see what all the fun with Wifi is about

BTW.... Corvette all the way! Got an 01 Z06 and a 99 coupe in the garage as I type this. Just had to throw that in there for my vette fans!
    06-19-10 10:58 PM
    Here is my video to show WIFI data takes over 3G data when both are on

This video is to show that if you have 3G Mobile Network and WIFI turned ON, WIFI takes over 3G data even though both are turned ON. 3G Mobile Network is ON so you can receive phone calls but anything requiring data such as browser, iHeartRadio, Blackberry App World, etc, uses WIFI as primary connection and not 3G.

When Mobile Network is turned OFF (no 3G) and WIFI is on, all phone calls go to voicemail but I can still receive BB messages, text, emails, pretty much anything related to data.
    06-22-10 06:55 PM
    Thanks y2bandit.
    I watched your video and read your last post. I have also seen in this wifi section to configure your browser to "hotspot"
    I'm new to wifi but not to blackberry but would like to know (upcoming international travel) if I turn off my mobile network (i.e VZW) and turn on my wifi - is it possible to send and receive emails with your sync'd accounts, BBM and not be charged data roaming charges?
    Thanks in advance
    06-23-10 12:03 PM
    Wi-Fi overides 3G/EDGE.

That's it. End of discussion. If your Wi-Fi is on, the phone will use the Wi-Fi for data.
    06-23-10 12:10 PM
    Wi-Fi overides 3G/EDGE.

That's it. End of discussion. If your Wi-Fi is on, the phone will use the Wi-Fi for data.
    Thank you!
    Last question - do you recommend in my browser configuration settings have it set to "internet browser" or "hotspot browser" or does that matter.
    06-23-10 12:22 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD