I have had lots of phones but the 9800 and 10 were by far the best phones I ever used they were first and foremost a phone and text device they did smartphone stuff to be fair not that well.

I got the Priv a nice phone but not as good to use and will not fit in my pocket so I'm constantly looking for the shelf I put it down on every time it rings.

The number of people I talk to who want a smaller phone as opposed to the undersize tablet are we all living a bubble?

I think an android 4/5g version of the 9800 would clean up so long as it keeps to the small form factor.

What do others think?
    xandros9 and rayporsche like this.
    06-23-17 01:46 AM
    I'm getting used to the length of the Keyone but I think the Classic is the perfect size. No issues putting that in my pockets at all.
    dave8787 likes this.
    06-23-17 01:50 AM
    not a pocket guy so if it fits in a holster, I am good
    06-23-17 02:58 AM
    I'm getting used to the length of the Keyone but I think the Classic is the perfect size. No issues putting that in my pockets at all.
    Yes the Classic was my favorite size and device too.
    06-23-17 08:37 AM
    I use my front left pants pocket. My larger phone fits fine unless the pants have very small pockets.
    06-23-17 08:39 AM
    I carried a PRIV and DTEK50 at same time in my pants front left pocket. Now I carry DTEK50/DTEK60 the same way. PRIV is optimal size between standard and xl models. If PRIV came out updated, I would consider again. I'm also willing to consider KEYone after the kinks are ironed out.
    06-23-17 08:45 AM
    I know it's hard to come by with today's styles but I use my shirt pocket for my phone and I prefer a phone that fits and doesn't show over the top of my pocket. The classic is the perfect fit!
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-23-17 10:00 AM
    A phone should fit in your pocket. I think the Classic and Passport phones look more professional, the message being "I don't spend all day playing games and watching videos."
    06-23-17 10:20 AM
    I know it's hard to come by with today's styles but I use my shirt pocket for my phone and I prefer a phone that fits and doesn't show over the top of my pocket. The classic is the perfect fit!
    I stopped using that pocket as I'd forget and bend over to get something and out my phone would go on cement or whatever surface. Ouch.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-23-17 10:57 AM
    A phone should fit in your pocket. I think the Classic and Passport phones look more professional, the message being "I don't spend all day playing games and watching videos."
    The passports width didn't bother you?
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-23-17 10:59 AM
    I stopped using that pocket as I'd forget and bend over to get something and out my phone would go on cement or whatever surface. Ouch.
    Funny you mentioned this bec last week I was at an outing and I was bending down and one of my friends asked me what happened to my arm ( I was holding it against my chest) I simply told him instinct I bend down my hand goes to my pocket to protect my phone!
    kbz1960, FF22 and stlabrat like this.
    06-23-17 11:02 AM
    +1
    Classic is the limit
    Use a Passport with a smart case like a tablet companion for some android apps (who run well with the better processor, screen and ram) but sometimes leave it at home

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-23-17 02:22 PM
    I have always used a holster - even for my Razr dumbphone. But my holsters are getting bigger and bigger!! My favorite phone size is my Z10. I realize I will probably never get Dtek60 specs in a Z10 sized phone, but I can dream!!
    BTW - pockets in women's clothing are much smaller than in men's. I have never carried a phone in my jeans pocket.

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    06-23-17 03:15 PM
    I agree with OP. A small Android would sell well.

I am a long-time BB addict (from UK) and the 9900 was the perfect size for pockets (I prefer holster though). I have had a Classic for 10 months but it's proving too big for trouser pockets and the holster looks too big to bother with.

Last week I got a used Q10, two spare batteries with chargers and a holster, all for £65. The Q10 is the size I like, slips easily into any pocket but even better in the holster. No worries about batteries, when it's low I simply put a fresh one in (one at work, one at home). I can now have the Q10 on 'my person' and not have to leave it on furniture, car seat etc.

Most phones are no longer mobile or even phones. I prefer small, distraction free, devices that deliver my calls, texts and e-mails with a flashing light and beeps. I have use four simple utility apps and have no need for internet on the phone or any social media stuff.
    06-23-17 05:55 PM
    I have had lots of phones but the 9800 and 10 were by far the best phones I ever used they were first and foremost a phone and text device they did smartphone stuff to be fair not that well.

I got the Priv a nice phone but not as good to use and will not fit in my pocket so I'm constantly looking for the shelf I put it down on every time it rings.

The number of people I talk to who want a smaller phone as opposed to the undersize tablet are we all living a bubble?

I think an android 4/5g version of the 9800 would clean up so long as it keeps to the small form factor.

What do others think?
    I do not think a BlackBerry Pearl style smartphone running BlackBerry Android would sell although it would fit in small pockets without bulk, no case necessary.
    06-23-17 07:40 PM
    This is why I love my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    06-23-17 08:58 PM
    I carried a PRIV and DTEK50 at same time in my pants front left pocket. Now I carry DTEK50/DTEK60 the same way. PRIV is optimal size between standard and xl models. If PRIV came out updated, I would consider again. I'm also willing to consider KEYone after the kinks are ironed out.
    For me th Priv would be perfect size/fit if the corners were rounded.
    06-23-17 09:16 PM
    If the KEYone were just an inch shorter, I wouldn't miss my Q10 at all... and I loved that little guy.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    06-23-17 09:22 PM
    I think the fact that a phone like the iPhone SE exists shows that there is some demand for a phone around the 4" mark. That said, my personal preference is something around 4.5" - 5" (assuming regular sized bezels).
    MikeX74 and TgeekB like this.
    06-23-17 09:29 PM
    if the priv was an inch shorter that would be perfect.
    medic22003 likes this.
    06-24-17 07:04 AM
    In fact I prefer the q10 format, but I really need the tool belt. I guess I even prefer it over the touchscreen. So the q10 (and I used one for 1 year) now is out of question. Classic is the way.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 07:27 AM
    Yep, new version of the 9810, or Priv Mini, however you want to call. Will buy.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 07:47 AM
    Those gigantic holsters have to be uncomfortable to wear all day - gut chafing? What about in the winter when the phone won't fit in your coat pocket?
    06-24-17 09:50 AM
    The last time I used a holster was when pagers were still a thing.
    My phone's normally in my front pants pocket.
    06-24-17 10:26 AM
    Those gigantic holsters have to be uncomfortable to wear all day - gut chafing? What about in the winter when the phone won't fit in your coat pocket?
    The horizontal holsters that slide and clip onto a belt are not too uncomfortable. The biggest one I have worn is the one for my Dtek60. I can wear it while riding my horse, listen to music, take a lesson through wireless earphones (trainer calls me from his phone) etc. But my first choice is still Z10 size.

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    06-24-17 01:45 PM
171 123 ...