I don't think there is a right or wrong. I used a belt holster for a long time, and when devices started coming without a holster I would buy one. But now I carry my Passport in an OEM case in my jacket pocket. Jacket pocket is the way to go, as far as I'm concerned. To each his own. For me the size of my jacket pocket is the size limit for my device.

As an aside, one of the things I like is the device recognizing when it's in the holster or case when the holster or case has the magnet and the magnet is properly located. I really missed that during a time when I was using a third-party holster that didn't have it. The OEM case for my Passport, and carrying the Passport in jacket pocket is the bees knees....for me.
    06-24-17 01:49 PM
    Holsters aren't "sexy." At least that what my female friends tell me so I am done with them

If you can put the device in your front pocket and bend over to tie a shoelace, it passes the test. Even my 4.7 inch iphone 7 fails that test.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    06-24-17 05:28 PM
    Holsters aren't "sexy." At least that what my female friends tell me so I am done with them

If you can put the device in your front pocket and bend over to tie a shoelace, it passes the test. Even my 4.7 inch iphone 7 fails that test.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Uh oh. No you didn't. I once suggested something along these lines regarding holsters and got many a lecture. Be prepared!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    06-24-17 05:41 PM
    Uh oh. No you didn't. I once suggested something along these lines regarding holsters and got many a lecture. Be prepared!

Posted via CB10
    LOL people can do whatever they want I don't care but ask anyone and they won't say that they are "sexy "

Think of it the equivalent in the 1980s of using a pocket protector for your pens . If women tell me they're not sexy then they're not sexy. Good enough for me.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-24-17 05:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's kind a like when you see old men wearing shorts and they were tall black socks with sandals. You can't tell them how ridiculous it looks but people will still do it even if told
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 06-24-17 at 06:47 PM.
    06-24-17 05:59 PM
    I find the 5" slave is perfect. Would love a bezel to bezel glass 5"slab.
    06-24-17 06:20 PM
    I honestly miss the days of the little phone in one hand and a proper PDA in the other. Those tiny Nokia and Ericson phones were the best, and I rocked my Palm Pilots. I love the passport, but I don't like using earbuds so I have to be on speaker to talk and look up stuff at the same time.
    I've kept my 9900 as a Pandora player and I still think it's the perfect size for a phone...but for smartphone stuff that screen is just too small.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    06-24-17 07:42 PM
    LOL people can do whatever they want I don't care but ask anyone and they won't say that they are "sexy "

Think of it the equivalent in the 1980s of using a pocket protector for your pens . If women tell me they're not sexy then they're not sexy. Good enough for me.
    They aren't fashionable and good looking???

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 08:09 PM
    I honestly miss the days of the little phone in one hand and a proper PDA in the other. Those tiny Nokia and Ericson phones were the best, and I rocked my Palm Pilots. I love the passport, but I don't like using earbuds so I have to be on speaker to talk and look up stuff at the same time.
    I've kept my 9900 as a Pandora player and I still think it's the perfect size for a phone...but for smartphone stuff that screen is just too small.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    Yeah I remember those days. At that time, my weapons of choice were the Palm Tungsten T and Ericsson T68m.
    06-25-17 12:01 AM
    I also appreciate a reasonable size device.

After 2 years with the Priv and growing tired with the constant noise of android I have migrated over to the Classic again.

For now anyway, I don't need any of the stuff android does in a mobile phone. And don't even feel a lure to the KEYone anymore.

Glad to see that BB10 still works and is a refuge for those that just want talk/text/email/browsing..

Posted via CB10
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    06-25-17 12:16 AM
    Definitely prefer a phone that's not trying to be a tablet.

Recently switched back to the z10 from my dtek60, and it's nice for a change.

All the bb features that were brought over to Android function way better in their native format.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 01:55 AM
    Haha... I still use pocket protectors AND typically carry two holsters. Lol. One holster for 9900 and another for whatever "sorta-tablet" I'm carting for the day. Classic, PP or D60. Idk bout "sexy"...?? lol. But can demonstrate success in real time availability. If that counts anymore. Lol.

Never carried a phone in a pocket. Love the magnet functions of holsters. But truly love handsets sized to fit a single human hand! Even the Classic is uncomfortably oversized, imo. Its toolbelt helps mitigate that, tho. Even 9900 size required some time for hand to comfort, 5 years ago. My hand hasn't grown any since. 9900 still represents the absolute maximum of comfortable HANDset size, imo. Comfortable HANDset size should make for comfortable pocket size?
    06-25-17 07:34 AM
    I remember carrying my Samsung flip phone which was indestructible and a Palm Pilot.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 08:25 AM
    Have there been any ergonomic studies about the muscle strain of holding a large phone during a phone call?
    People whose occupations require them to work with their hands all day typically develop arthritis in their hands in later life, and they still want and need a full featured phone.
    06-25-17 09:12 AM
    Have there been any ergonomic studies about the muscle strain of holding a large phone during a phone call?
    People whose occupations require them to work with their hands all day typically develop arthritis in their hands in later life, and they still want and need a full featured phone.
    I believe there are issues similar to Nintendo thumb. Also neck issues from looking down at a phone

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 09:15 AM
    That's why after Z30 broke and tried Q10 n 9900. I m on a P9982 now. Size is perfect

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 11:55 AM
    Haha... I still use pocket protectors AND typically carry two holsters. Lol. One holster for 9900 and another for whatever "sorta-tablet" I'm carting for the day. Classic, PP or D60. Idk bout "sexy"...?? lol. But can demonstrate success in real time availability. If that counts anymore. Lol.

Never carried a phone in a pocket. Love the magnet functions of holsters?
    Lol Steve, well I guess it can be "cool" if you do it. I did purchase the official 9900 belt clip holster last year and I did use it a bit in winter but haven't touched it in a half year because cargo pockets are a lifesaver

Now as long as you don't wear socks with sandals, it's all good buddy
    kbz1960 and idssteve like this.
    06-25-17 06:56 PM
    Lol Steve, well I guess it can be "cool" if you do it. I did purchase the official 9900 belt clip holster last year and I did use it a bit in winter but haven't touched it in a half year because cargo pockets are a lifesaver

What do you have against socks with sandals? That's what all the Canuck Snowbirds wear here in Florida all winter?? ;-)
    06-25-17 07:32 PM
    I do not think a BlackBerry Pearl style smartphone running BlackBerry Android would sell although it would fit in small pockets without bulk, no case necessary.
    (1)Pearl with holster clip on side of your pants pocket (Jean would be better) was so cool (leather holster with BB logo). like gun sling in computer world.
    (2) OP, you want smaller, ready to pay 15% more (more design needed to fit all the stuff in smaller format) and forget some of the features: speaker might be mono, camera may be a trouble in low light (smaller lens, hard to catch all the light). processor might be a bit on low spec - thermal issues, you may not have enough space to sink the heat. Memory is no issue IMHO. forget dual sim - no space.
    (3) there are many out there want smaller phone and reasonable price - like iphone SE, sell well based on Apple.
    (4) now you know the possible ins and outs of smaller phone, still want it (with 15% more pricy?).
    06-25-17 07:39 PM

Haha... mostly steel toe work boots, these days. Closest thing to sandals might be my ancient pair of Birkenstocks I wore at the early 80s Rainbow Gathering where I re-met my wife... (long story lol). They're so dried out and stiff I might entertain the idea of socks to protect my hide... lol. Maybe I should show up for work in those just to see reaction from our safety guy? Lol. Imagine cutting, grinding and welding wearing THOSE things! Lol.

Magnetic holsters are pretty bad at collecting ferrous splatter and grinding dust tho. So are magnetic sensors in phones. I keep my phones in ziplock bags when metal working... 9900/Classic toolbelt nicely assists answering a "bagged phone". Fire resistant covered cargo pockets would be good for those sorts of activities. So long as the phone is sized to fit... to get back to topic... lol.
    06-25-17 07:47 PM
    i still have 9900 in holster without clip, 9930 in pocket (both are leather), z30 in an shipping evolope with ESD pink lining. Z10 is the size I draw a line for the holster... (my old Z10 was in case with 4 rubber corner protection). for large phone (larger than 9900), leather pocket would be better-like wallet. (it is a wallet if you using it for payment... I heard it was very popular in China. almost all the payment are electronic in the city... They used to have "one card for everything" years ago in Shanghai, I heard it got replaced by smartphone now).
    06-25-17 07:57 PM
    (1)Pearl with holster clip on side of your pants pocket (Jean would be better) was so cool (leather holster with BB logo). like gun sling in computer world.
    (2) OP, you want smaller, ready to pay 15% more (more design needed to fit all the stuff in smaller format) and forget some of the features: speaker might be mono, camera may be a trouble in low light (smaller lens, hard to catch all the light). processor might be a bit on low spec - thermal issues, you may not have enough space to sink the heat. Memory is no issue IMHO. forget dual sim - no space.
    (3) there are many out there want smaller phone and reasonable price - like iphone SE, sell well based on Apple.
    (4) now you know the possible ins and outs of smaller phone, still want it (with 15% more pricy?).
    15%? Sign me up!! I'm currently suffering a five year old handset partly for its comfortable size. If I'm going to suffer oversized two handed equipment that doesn't even fit a pocket... I have a laptop that will out power and out screenestate Samsung's biggest phablet. I'd pay 1500% for an updated 9900.
    06-25-17 08:01 PM
    Haha... mostly steel toe work boots, these days. Closest thing to sandals might be my ancient pair of Birkenstocks I wore at the early 80s Rainbow Gathering where I re-met my wife... (long story lol). They're so dried out and stiff I might entertain the idea of socks to protect my hide... lol. Maybe I should show up for work in those just to see reaction from our safety guy? Lol. Imagine cutting, grinding and welding wearing THOSE things! Lol.

Magnetic holsters are pretty bad at collecting ferrous splatter and grinding dust tho. So are magnetic sensors in phones. I keep my phones in ziplock bags when metal working... 9900/Classic toolbelt nicely assists answering a "bagged phone". Fire resistant covered cargo pockets would be good for those sorts of activities. So long as the phone is sized to fit... to get back to topic... lol.
    I just resurrected my Birk clogs for vacation. Love them!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 08:02 PM
    I have had lots of phones but the 9800 and 10 were by far the best phones I ever used they were first and foremost a phone and text device they did smartphone stuff to be fair not that well.

I got the Priv a nice phone but not as good to use and will not fit in my pocket so I'm constantly looking for the shelf I put it down on every time it rings.

The number of people I talk to who want a smaller phone as opposed to the undersize tablet are we all living a bubble?

I think an android 4/5g version of the 9800 would clean up so long as it keeps to the small form factor.

What do others think?
    With such a saturated market you would think a high end "mini" would emerge. I suppose iPhone has their SE and Samsung has had mini variants (but I don't think recently) I personally would love to see a Q10 size device (with PKB) come from one of bbmobile but I do recognise that it would be very difficult since the screen ratio needs to be suited for Android and can't be 1:1 meaning the size of the device would have to change
    06-25-17 09:22 PM
    What do you have against socks with sandals? That's what all the Canuck Snowbirds wear here in Florida all winter?? ;-)
    As long as I don't see them
    06-25-17 10:13 PM
171 1234 ...