I feel like I am, which makes me think I must be missing something. Considering I have zero friends using BBM, what am I missing out on by just using SMS/MMS and no apps?

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    09-13-14 09:03 PM
    you're the only one who doesn't use BBM and i can assure you most of the few friends you have use BBM...they're just not telling you
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-13-14 09:24 PM
    It's only worth using a chat app if you do a substantial amount of conversing with certain people on a consistent basis. The one friend I do that with I strong-armed into using BBM. It's faster, more immersive and responsive, easier to trade attachments of various sorts...but again, we do a ton of chatting. For everyone else it's just occasional texts.

As for BBM in particular, I don't know a single other human being with a BlackBerry, so if it weren't for the one friend who I force to use it, BBM would cease to exist in my world. It would be either GTalk or Whatsapp. Not a huge deal, but I do prefer BBM for whatever reason.

Posted via CB10
    JCyinzer and JesseBabe23 like this.
    09-13-14 09:41 PM
    I feel like I am, which makes me think I must be missing something. Considering I have zero friends using BBM, what am I missing out on by just using SMS/MMS and no apps?

Posted via CB10
    Well.. you aren't the ONLY person..

There's the elderly.. the illiterate.. the destitute who don't have phones.. people without thumbs of course..

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, jaydee5799, Tkarps and 2 others like this.
    09-13-14 09:49 PM
    Yup

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-13-14 09:51 PM
    You sure are

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:55 PM
    It's only worth using a chat app if you do a substantial amount of conversing with certain people on a consistent basis. The one friend I do that with I strong-armed into using BBM. It's faster, more immersive and responsive, easier to trade attachments of various sorts...but again, we do a ton of chatting. For everyone else it's just occasional texts.

As for BBM in particular, I don't know a single other human being with a BlackBerry, so if it weren't for the one friend who I force to use it, BBM would cease to exist in my world. It would be either GTalk or Whatsapp. Not a huge deal, but I do prefer BBM for whatever reason.

Posted via CB10
    I feel like I text a lot. I never really paid attention but I looked at my last bill and it was 12,000+ texts! Crazy. I text way more than I talk. I feel like I have a few friends I could talk into using BBM, if it's really worth it.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 10:30 PM
    No you are not the only one. There are two of us.
    09-13-14 10:31 PM
    I only use BBM as a communication app, I have to text everyone else. Lucky for me the people that I communicate the most with are on BBM and have BlackBerry devices. I do wish more would jump in....maybe some day.
    09-13-14 10:33 PM
    Couple years ago bbm was very popular.

These days I use it often just to see bbm channels.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 10:35 PM
    I got all mah Honeys on BBM!...
    09-13-14 10:39 PM
    You won't be the only one. But I do pity you.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    09-13-14 10:45 PM
    BBM is now available for android, iOS and WP but nobody I know uses it. Here its whatsapp or fb messenger.

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    09-13-14 10:45 PM
    no you are not alone! i only get to use BBM for the channels,none of my family and friends have it either. i just dont see why they wont let us integrate all of our contacts into it,not just those with BBM?
    09-14-14 12:08 AM
    I feel like I text a lot. I never really paid attention but I looked at my last bill and it was 12,000+ texts! Crazy. I text way more than I talk. I feel like I have a few friends I could talk into using BBM, if it's really worth it.

Posted via CB10
    I barely talk too, I hate phone calls for non-urgent matters and the idea of interrupting someone's day on my schedule (vrs. Giving them the flexibility to decide to respond to my bbm when they can).

But to answer your question... Yes, it is worth pushing them onto BBM (unless they resist because the name includes BlackBerry). Richer experience, implicit sense of presence, and probably runs better than the sms "app" on your Q10.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 12:37 AM
    Don't use BBM or any other similar app, & dont think I'm missing anything

Posted via CB10
    lift and techvisor like this.
    09-14-14 01:00 AM
    Don't forget, not all of us have unlimited SMS. I've managed to convince the friends and family that contact me the most to use BBM so I don't go over my monthly allotment. Whatsapp is not an option because I'm not comfortable up-loading my contact list to their servers.

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.3253
    miker476 likes this.
    09-14-14 02:43 AM
    Yes it's just you.