My argument is.... ya go into a store.... and only ios or Android is in the store to buy, ya ain't gonna walk out with a Windows phone or BlackBerry. Simple concept.
    At its peak Windows Phone was available practically everywhere thanks to substantial OEM support. Nokia was also able to move low cost hardware before Android One was announced by Google (and unlike Android at the time, Windows Phone performed really well on low end hardware and had great battery life). But at the end of the day, they still couldn't move enough units to make it sustainable.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    10-08-17 11:06 AM
    And this summarizes everything Chen and the board need to know. This is why they have moved on to other businesses where they will have a fighting chance.
    As much as I would like to see bb10 further developed, I would have to agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 02:53 PM
    What's first?: an OS fails because of lack of app developers support or an OS fails resulting in app developers withdrawing support.
    I think the former.

BB, Still the One
    10-08-17 02:55 PM
    What's first?: an OS fails because of lack of app developers support or an OS fails resulting in app developers withdrawing support.
    I think the former.
    It’s a chicken and egg thing, but BB made it worse by disappointing many of us at the first BB Jams and then not understanding the app market at the time.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    10-08-17 04:54 PM
    It doesn't matter, it's not going to happen.
    ^This
    10-11-17 08:26 AM
    Of course I agree! Especially since I'm hanging on to my Z30 until/if Verizon gets the KeyOne. (If they don't... I may switch providers).
    10-13-17 01:50 AM
    Hmmm... I can run pretty much any streaming service w/o problem, except of course Amazon Prime videos. In fact, in the ultimate irony re the "deal" BB and Amazon is supposed to have had in place, I have problems with most of Amazon's own apps on my Z30. Audible stopped being functional at some point, Kindle and Prime Music take forever to load, and the "Underground" Amazon store app has become hobbled by an app update (Overdrive) that has had "Install Pending" for weeks. If I leave the Amazon store app open, it drains my battery in an hour. Tech support for BB issues at Amazon is non-existent. Extremely aggravating. But I can use Hulu, Netflix, individual channel and cable company apps.
    10-13-17 02:03 AM
182 ... 678