Just wanted to add that the iPhone has unified mailbox. Attachment 127216

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Yes, we can also call it unified. But what you can get from BB10, is totally different. If you want to tweet, you just need to open the hub, and compose your tweet. Or you want to say something on you Facebook, open the hub and compose new status for your facebook. and also, you can see your next meeting, next invitation. That's all that you cannot find except on Blackberry 10. Am I just think of it? No, I Just try London by myself.
    12-05-12 01:45 AM
    Don't you ever get tired of saying the same thing over and over again?

Edit- the "us" or "blackberry people" is not diminishing at all, always increasing in case you haven't noticed. 80 millions and growing use a BB regardless of Skype or Netflix, why? Because take me for example, I have 3 laptops in the house capable of Skype and 3 laptops, a Wii and soon an Xbox3 capable of Netflix streaming. I have no need for them on my phone. On my phone I have an app called Vopium that enables me to make fairly cheap international calls to actual numbers.

I think RIM will have them on BB10, if not at launch then very soon after but to say BB10 will be DOA without them is simply ignoring the 80 and growing BBOS users, that keep buying them regardless.
    I definitely doubt 80 million people will be buying bb10 regardless. Likely maybe 1/10th of that, maybe.

And to touch on a comment made earlier, I actually feel Google and a few other Android OEMs are probably providing a bit more innovation to the space then you credit them for. Certainly a bit more than RIM is even. I mean have you seen photo sphere or some of the features lg and Samsung have baked into their respective OS's? Just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-05-12 06:53 AM
    I definitely doubt 80 million people will be buying bb10 regardless. Likely maybe 1/10th of that, maybe.

And to touch on a comment made earlier, I actually feel Google and a few other Android OEMs are probably providing a bit more innovation to the space then you credit them for. Certainly a bit more than RIM is even. I mean have you seen photo sphere or some of the features lg and Samsung have baked into their respective OS's? Just saying.

My point was the 80 million bought an existing BB regardless of all the "major" apps missing. Kinda flies in the face of "DOA" if they're missing from BB10 at launch.
    anon(4018671) and Jake Storm like this.
    12-05-12 07:00 AM
    Yes, we can also call it unified. But what you can get from BB10, is totally different. If you want to tweet, you just need to open the hub, and compose your tweet. Or you want to say something on you Facebook, open the hub and compose new status for your facebook. and also, you can see your next meeting, next invitation. That's all that you cannot find except on Blackberry 10. Am I just think of it? No, I Just try London by myself.
    I can tweet/Facebook from the notification bar Am I the only one fearing Rim is selling air to stay alive?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354713388.886533.jpg

12-05-12 07:16 AM
    I can tweet/Facebook from the notification bar Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354713388.886533.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	127362

Those are the only two integrated into the OS though. Has it affected the OS stability in any way? That's probably one of the BBOS advantages and problems at the same time, with everything integrated it's easier to create problems.
    12-05-12 07:33 AM
    My point was the 80 million bought an existing BB regardless of all the "major" apps missing. Kinda flies in the face of "DOA" if they're missing from BB10 at launch.
    Ah. I misread the context. But still, I'm not too sure one can dismiss the importance of these apps anymore as they could have even only 3 months ago when that "80 million and growing users" number was released. The acceptance of the "major" apps have been growing ever increasing as time goes on, and consumers will look at these apps as features essentially. Trust me, I have customers in their 60's asking about Skype on their devices. It's very very mainstream. To some its like having a phone without Web access. It's just that important. Lots of people are out of the house a lot, and since Skype provides its services over network connection, it has become something very widely expected for mobiles. And quite literally I can't even think of any platform besides blackberry that Skype is not on. Netflix and many other games/apps to almost the same extent btw.

So by potentially not having it, honestly I feel that "doa" may be a fitting way of putting it.

12-05-12 07:43 AM
    Ah. I misread the context. But still, I'm not too sure one can dismiss the importance of these apps anymore as they could have even only 3 months ago when that "80 million and growing users" number was released. The acceptance of the "major" apps have been growing ever increasing as time goes on, and consumers will look at these apps as features essentially. Trust me, I have customers in their 60's asking about Skype on their devices. It's very very mainstream. To some its like having a phone without Web access. It's just that important. Lots of people are out of the house a lot, and since Skype provides its services over network connection, it has become something very widely expected for mobiles. And quite literally I can't even think of any platform besides blackberry that Skype is not on. Netflix and many other games/apps to almost the same extent btw.

So by potentially not having it, honestly I feel that "doa" may be a fitting way of putting it.

Sure, Skype is important, but when you have it available on other devices having it on a mobile phone is not that important. Most people don't have enough data and the networks speed to use Skype all the time and Skype on anything less then a good network is a horrible experience.

I think the need for Skype on a mobile phone is very overrated.
    12-05-12 07:58 AM
    Sure, Skype is important, but when you have it available on other devices having it on a mobile phone is not that important. Most people don't have enough data and the networks speed to use Skype all the time and Skype on anything less then a good network is a horrible experience.

Not really. They could allow Skype on wifi-only initially. But it's important to have apps like Skype. Why? I agree with ynomrah. It may not be most-used feature but people are now expecting to have it. Because all other OSes have it and have had it for a while, it now looks like an essential feature. If you don't have it, then it looks like you are missing something critical. You might not use it much, but you must have it to be 'feature complete', I guess. Outlook towards 'apps' is changing from a nice fancy add-on to 'essential' feature of any phone. So, no, I don't think it's over-rated. I think what is over-rated is that how frequently Skype is used - it's not. I barely ever use Skype. But I always want to be able to install it.

I don't think having Skype on other devices make it any less important to have it on BB 10. People want all-in-one devices. A lot of people have ditched mp3 players and a lot of people are not even carrying cameras now days. They just use their smartphone for it. People don't care if it's RIM or if it's Apple or if it's Motorola or Samsung - whichever device gives them all the features they perceive to be essential, people will naturally gravitate towards it.

Most non-BlackBerry users have NEVER experienced unified mailbox (aka 'the hub') kind of feature on their device. So, they don't even know what they are missing. If you want to attract those users and wow them with features like hub/universal mailbox, you need to give them atleast what they perceive as 'essential'. Skype, NetFlix are fast becoming those kind of apps. Perceived to be essential but in reality not used much.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 12-05-12 at 09:16 AM.
    Bondte and pillswoj like this.
    12-05-12 08:59 AM

When there's concrete evidence that tens of millions of consumers use Skype on a mobile device, how the heck can it be 'very overrated'?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-05-12 09:15 AM
    When there's concrete evidence that tens of millions of consumers use Skype on a mobile device, how the heck can it be 'very overrated'?
    Link on concrete evidence of mobile skype use?
    12-05-12 09:23 AM
    I can tweet/Facebook from the notification bar Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354713388.886533.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	127362

You can only see it at IOS. but you cannot compose new tweet Or status for your Facebook Account. At hub, you can do those. That's what I mean
    12-05-12 09:28 AM
    That video seemed so weird for the first few seconds, but it is actually really very cool. Definitely an interesting way to show off that bb10 potential
    12-05-12 09:28 AM
    Hmmm before RIM goes down NOKIA will be first.. Anyway both of them are doing their best to come up with new products keeping them on the line.
    12-05-12 09:38 AM
    You can only see it at IOS. but you cannot compose new tweet Or status for your Facebook Account. At hub, you can do those. That's what I mean
    You can compose tweets and Facebook updates.

12-05-12 09:40 AM
    Do you have any idea what you're talking about? It honestly seems as though you haven't read one article or watched one video about BB10. If you've done even the slightest research you would know exactly what this operating system will offer, and how it stands out above the others. You're clearly a troll, and we're just feeding you.
    Looking at all the replies and idea sharing it looks like the one not reading is you ....

I had doubts on which I wanted to check whether they were grounded and so far a lot has been explained or just widened up my point of view. I had no idea for ex nor the iphone, nor android had the usage of a hub. Something that gives you practicality.

When you purchase a phone or tablet you want it to cover your needs, which obviously can differ from other users (like the availability of skype). When I jumped into BB a couple of years ago I was impressed with the functionality as I didn't care too much about touch, games, camera etc. I just wanted a good, easy to use business phone. But then, after a while, you start discovering flaws and hope they fix it. How do you explain I had skype (for me it is important) on my old nokia N96 (pure over wifi) and now 3 years later I am not sure whether I will on the newest gen smartphone?
    Same with the PB. I got one nearly as soon it came out as the bridge seemed (and is) wonderful and because everyone was expecting skype. You can understand my disappointment it wasn't there and never came ... Even though they were always rumors they would get it.
    Another problem was outlook with the bcm, a BB isn't able to transfer your bcm contacts. For me, personally, quite inconvenient.

For every problem there is a way around. For skype I constantly carry my laptop with me, and for my bcm contacts I jut have to manually copy them in a normal account but .... those are just the exact things I don't want to happen again as that's what I require from my phone. And that's why I was looking for extra info pointing me in the right direction or confirming my doubts.

When you spend < $100 on a Huawei you can expect some basic features missing, but when I spend $500 or more I want my phone to be as complete as possible towards my needs.

But calling me a troll just because you are too lazy to read through a thread to see what I am after? Grow up ...
    12-05-12 10:04 AM
    No it doesn't. We're talking about the fate of BB10 in North America and other markets where people have money to spend on high-end smartphones, which is what the L-series and N-series will be. A very large chunk of that 80 million is a different demographic altogether, where the "hot" apps don't matter as much...yet. "DOA" is melodramatic, but there's no question in my mind that BB10 won't do much better than the PlayBook did if the popular (i.e., expected) apps are missing. If BB10 fails in the developed world, it's not going to get the chance to get into the hands of people in the developing world.
    12-05-12 10:15 AM
    No it doesn't. We're talking about the fate of BB10 in North America and other markets where people have money to spend on high-end smartphones, which is what the L-series and N-series will be. A very large chunk of that 80 million is a different demographic altogether, where the "hot" apps don't matter as much...yet. "DOA" is melodramatic, but there's no question in my mind that BB10 won't do much better than the PlayBook did if the popular (i.e., expected) apps are missing. If BB10 fails in the developed world, it's not going to get the chance to get into the hands of people in the developing world.
    BB10 is doing a Global launch so everybody will get their chance to get their hands on one in every market regardless of how US receives it.
    12-05-12 10:26 AM
    BB10 is doing a Global launch so everybody will get their chance to get their hands on one in every market regardless of how US receives it.
    That's fair enough, but how do you expect high-end BlackBerrys to do in markets dominated by mid-range and low-price devices? As I said, "DOA" is melodrama. But if BB10 fails in the developed world, is RIM likely to continue flogging it in the developing world?

Honestly, if BB10 tanks in the developed world, what do think is RIM's next move?
    12-05-12 10:42 AM
    In sales training, the most important skill they teach is "objection handling". An objection is any excuse your customer can bring up to say "no". It doesn't even have to be based in reality ("I have to check with my spouse/significant other" is rarely true, for instance).

Not having Netflix and Skype makes it easy to reject a platform, even if the user actually uses them.

Now, with Video Chat integrated integrated into BBM on BB10 and Netflix not really an issue outside the US, there may be viable ways around these objections, but it does pose a disadvantage in any case.
    12-05-12 11:06 AM
    You can compose tweets and Facebook updates.

Yeah, in each apps. You see, we both use The same IOS 6. So it will be no difference from you get at 5 and what I find in 4.
    12-05-12 11:37 AM
    Yeah, in each apps. You see, we both use The same IOS 6. So it will be no difference from you get at 5 and what I find in 4.
    No, you can compose directly through the OS integration in notification center. I tweet often without ever opening the app. This was added in iOS 6.
    12-05-12 11:42 AM
    Sorry, miss those 2 compose from My sight. But anyway it is still not in the one place call Inbox right? If you can do to compose new tweet Or new Facebook status in Inbox, then you may call it HUB Am I the only one fearing Rim is selling air to stay alive?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1354729648.973762.jpg

Do you find any Twitter Or Facebook there? Nope. So don't call it The same with BB HUB in BB10
    12-05-12 11:48 AM
    Don't you ever get tired of saying the same thing over and over again?
    The squeaking wheel is always the first one to get the greese belfast and BB10, at least to me, is important enough that I continue to harp on it. I'm looking at this from the perspective of watching everyone in the company I work for except for me and one other person leave for IOS and Droid. I talk to these people daily and can assure you I have a very clear picture as to what they are saying.

I use Skype all the time and so does everyone else I work with - and EVERYONE here that I work with that has an ipad or Droid tablet uses Netflix. I've shown off my Playbook at work and have had many people say 'cool, what's that' then they ask me to show them what Netflix looks like!

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the reality of the situation is that ipads SELL iphones and vice versa....
    ...Just like Droid phones sell Droid tablets - thus, those devices compliment each other.
    ...At this point a 99xx phone insults a Playbook and vice versa aside from Bridge.

If the BB10 phone can't use Netflix what possibility will there be in the Playbook using it?
    ...Same goes for Skype.

I go on a mini vacation about once a year and while I don't care that much if I can watch Netflix on my ipad in a hotel it is important to my wife - it's also evidently important enough to the majority of people in Seattle that nearly everyone I've shown my Playbook to has asked me what Netflix looks like on it.

The rapidly vanishing Blackberry customer base in North America should be the LAST PEOPLE RIM appeals to for what they "should do" - for Christ's sake THAT is exactly the reason RIM is rolling around in a soiled bed right now!

If RIM is to continue to exist in the future they need to listen to what the "Market wants" and cease trying to tell the market what it needs and doesn't need. RIM needs it's R&D people to pack around iphones and Droids so that they KNOW at a minimum what they have to deliver on BB10 so they can create stuff PAST THE MINIMUM. At this point Skype and Netflix are expected by the market to be there.

Edit- the "us" or "blackberry people" is not diminishing at all, always increasing in case you haven't noticed. 80 millions and growing use a BB regardless of Skype or Netflix, why? Because take me for example, I have 3 laptops in the house capable of Skype and 3 laptops, a Wii and soon an Xbox3 capable of Netflix streaming. I have no need for them on my phone. On my phone I have an app called Vopium that enables me to make fairly cheap international calls to actual numbers.
    Hold up - it's not that I don't agree with your logic on why YOU don't need Netflix or Skype - I agree with you......
    ...But you and I are BB users and as such we are a shrinking MINORITY of the actual market!
    ...RIM needs to 1st understand WHY it's lost the market share it has in North America prior to telling the market what it does and doesn't need.

I think RIM will have them on BB10, if not at launch then very soon after but to say BB10 will be DOA without them is simply ignoring the 80 and growing BBOS users, that keep buying them regardless.
    I hope you are right belfast - I really do. I have bought 3 Playbooks and was first in line for the 9930 so I'm a die hard BB fan. I just know what I've been told by the literal MOBS of people I work with that used to have a Blackberry and why they opted to leave for ios and Droid.
    12-05-12 05:11 PM
    Link on concrete evidence of mobile skype use?
    Head over to Google Play and search for 'Skype'.

Google Play reports that this application has been installed in the 100,000,000 to 500,000,000 range (one hundred million to five hundred million). And that's just for Android.
    Skype still remains one of the top 20 apps on the iOS store for years in a row. That's tens of million of downloads right there, at the very least.

Will this suffice?
    12-05-12 05:50 PM
    Head over to Google Play and search for 'Skype'.

Google Play reports that this application has been installed in the 100,000,000 to 500,000,000 range (one hundred million to five hundred million). And that's just for Android.
    Skype still remains one of the top 20 apps on the iOS store for years in a row. That's tens of million of downloads right there, at the very least.

Will this suffice?
    Not really, that includes every update, every OS major update probably, every re download etc.
    12-05-12 06:00 PM
84 1234