Our Evo store demo has to be plugged in throughout the day in between our demos its a fabulous phone feature wise battery life is not a strong point but I still get people inquiring about it despite it being out for a while now. the new transform should be good for sales tomorrow. Identical to the epic 4h but just a 3g version so people who don't live near 4g don't have to put down a 10$ premium data fee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 10:10 PM
    Am I a Dud for wanting to give up My Evo?
    You're a bit of a Dud if you need other peoples opinion to decide whether you like what you already have/experienced

That's like licking a banana cream cone and asking other people whether you like it or not

10-10-10 04:46 AM
    It is a well known fact that it has one of the worst battery life's for an Andriod phone, due to the huge screen and 4G....and like you said, why should you have to shut down features you want to use to improve battery life?

I would go back too...if you don't have a lot of needs for apps, fast browsing and the cool factor, but want a good phone for messaging, email and great battery life, then BB is for you.

Honestly though....is it really hard to plug in the phone for a charge? I mean it must be, my only gripe with that would be having to use the phone while plugged in and the wire annoying the crap out of me.

Done it with my Berry after 3 days on a single charge, lol!

A lot of people need what is in and big or fast...just how it is..

Me, I can do everything on my BB than I could on my Andriods, maybe not as fast or on a huge screen, but there are pro's and con's to each and in my current lifestyle, BB is better for me.

Who knows what the future holds, haha!

10-10-10 11:10 AM
    Only you can answer your coolness...
    i agree with previous posts that the "cool" factor comes from within/ how you carry yoursef... ( in my case, i guess it's the officer and a gentleman uniform)
    and not the "heat"

anyway, having the EVO means you pay $10 extra/month for the 4G service. right? do you have 4G coverage in your area? or are you still using 3G.
    $120/yr extra is enough reason for me to switch from an EVO to another device.. it makes more "financial" sense.
    10-10-10 12:40 PM
    ...I personally prefer to be objective
    and honest.
    Me too - wish it was a posting rule then we could dispense with all the romantics
    10-11-10 02:50 AM
    ^ if everyone will be objective and honest...
    then this will be the most Boring site.
    10-11-10 04:00 AM
    ^ if everyone will be objective and honest...
    then this will be the most Boring site.
    but most posters are looking for fact, not "eNtertainment"

hate it when i'm looking for a setting and my thread gets hijacked by few romantics giving bullsh!t excuses for why it doesn't - instead of just saying 'it doesn't'

it's not an old relative, it's a phone

if i want entertainment i'll hire a DVD
    10-11-10 06:48 AM
    I have a Evo 4G and I switched from my BB 9700,but Im not using the 4G even though I have it in my area(runs the battery down quickly). My phone is always on a charger, and I think I'm afraid of not being cool without my EVO. I really want to come back to a Blackberry, Im just afraid I'll miss the big screen. Some talk me into it. In reality I think a Blackberry is all I need. Don't use half the stuff on the Evo anyway. Ah....confused. Help!
    I would go back if I were you. Obviously the EVO is too much phone for you and the Blackberry is all you need. That's pretty much true of most Blackberry users. Give them something simple. Simple things for simple minds. Even Paris Hilton can use one. You wouldn't catch her with an Evo though...her little brain couldn't handle it.
    10-11-10 08:30 AM
    No, you aren't a dud at all.

10-11-10 09:07 AM
    I played with one of these phones the other day and I have to say it is pretty wild. The 4G is super fast and the big screen and graphics are very cool. Definitely nothing I need or want in a phone, but everyone is different.

I look at these phones the same way I look at babies, they are fun to play with for a little while and then when they're cranky and need to recharge, you hand them back to their parents.
    10-11-10 09:45 AM
    I would go back if I were you. Obviously the EVO is too much phone for you and the Blackberry is all you need. That's pretty much true of most Blackberry users. Give them something simple. Simple things for simple minds. Even Paris Hilton can use one. You wouldn't catch her with an Evo though...her little brain couldn't handle it.
    Now that is a ridiculous statement. The iPhone is simple to use but does that mean MOST iphone users have simple minds? I don't think so. People choose what they want and don't want for many different reasons. The EVO is a great phone but may not fit the OP's needs. Maybe a iPhone is better or maybe another Android phone is better. Maybe, just maybe, a BlackBerry is better for him. It's ultimately up to him but that doesn't speak to whether he or most BB users have simple minds.
    10-11-10 10:08 AM
    I prefer Blackberry so I buy it. If Blackberry went away I would do an iPhone. I don't care for one single Android phone. And what's more, I am extremely put off by some of the Android users on this forum. Even if I were interested in an Android device, the idea of sharing one thing with them is enough to put me off it altogether.
    I'm sorry some Android users have put you off . I've kind of received the opposite...BB users turning up their noses @ me for switching. Hence my disclaimer in my signature. I'm still a BB fan & really enjoy this particular community.

That being said, I love my Vibrant. Absolutely love it. But...lately I've also been missing my 9700. I'm sorry I sold it to help cushion the cost of the Vibrant. I'd love to have a 9700 as a back-up device, for the battery life if anything. I'm looking forward to the QNX OS BB's to hit the market. But...the bad thing is that I'm kind of dependant on some Android apps that I've found. Not just for entertainment value, either. I've found some great apps that help me in my day-to-day life.

At the end of the day, Android & BB are two totally different animals. No one can tell anyone else which one THEY would like better. That's up to each & every individual to decide.
    10-11-10 12:03 PM
    i disagree. blackberry compared to an iphone is actually more complicated.
    changing the themes. settings.. even the ringtones. different notifications for different emails or contacts.. etc etc..
    it's a lot easier to navigate your way with an iphone.
    how about the President? you know Obama? you wouldn't catch him with an EVO as well..using your rationale.. he too has a little brain that couldn't handle it.
    10-11-10 02:05 PM
    In my eyes, a BlackBerry is one of the "coolest" phones you can have. It's very classy, they're very professional, they're quite a status symbol. I mean. Everyone has an iPhone.

If you care more about apps and recording awful "HD" video, then keep your Evo. If you'd rather have a dependable device that's ideal for keeping in touch and communicating, go back to your BlackBerry. Endofstory.
    The stupid, it burns.

Oh lord, this is the type of crap that makes my jaw drop. I know 2 people who carry a berry professionally. The rest are out uploading pics from the bar. It's not a GD status symbol. A phone is not a status symbol. RIM has actively courted the consumer market for years and you may want to reacquaint yourself with reality sometime and realize Joe Blow Pay as you Go has a Curve now.

As far as reliability, I left BB at the beginning of this year because I was sick of the battery pulls, the delay in getting texts and the email problems and BIS outages. I have never had a more reliable phone than my Vibrant. I send over 2000 texts a month and emails - I used my unreliable non BB to plan my wedding and keep in touch regularly with my vendors and it didn't fail me once. I kept track of appointments, sent and received and edited contracts - ALL ON MY NON BLACKBERRY UNRELIABLE PHONE.

So with all due respect, take your uneducated comment and stuff it.
    10-12-10 10:16 AM
    In my eyes, a BlackBerry is one of the "coolest" phones you can have. It's very classy, they're very professional, they're quite a status symbol. I mean. Everyone has an iPhone.

If you care more about apps and recording awful "HD" video, then keep your Evo. If you'd rather have a dependable device that's ideal for keeping in touch and communicating, go back to your BlackBerry. Endofstory.
    This deserved no response and is clearly not true. This response is why the forums get into so much arguing about dumb things.
    10-12-10 10:22 AM
    Too true, it got the better of me. Considering how the guy has 6 posts and one of his first is that his ALT key fell off his cool, classy, professional , reliable and dependable BB, I should have known better.

Heh.
    10-12-10 10:29 AM
    Too true, it got the better of me. Considering how the guy has 6 posts and one of his first is that his ALT key fell off his cool, classy, professional , reliable and dependable BB, I should have known better.

Heh.
    This time, I'll let you off with a warning. Next time, it's a 15 yard penalty for "unnecessary roughness".
    10-12-10 10:37 AM
    Apparently he could take a picture with his BB of the alt key falling off, but it would be blurry because there is something wrong with the reliable camera as well.

Okay, NOW I'm done. /snark
    10-12-10 12:13 PM
    Jesus, some of ya really get bent...all over phones, lol! Really what is this middle school all over again?

10-12-10 04:49 PM
    Jesus, some of ya really get bent...all over phones, lol! Really what is this middle school all over again?

Don't we though? Some people can't stand others being happy with a platform/device that they themselves despise and feel the urge to pontificate all things bad to anyone having a good time; then there's those who used a particular device, had a bad experience, and must tell anyone and everyone how much of a mistake they're making with brand X or device W. And let's not forget my personal favorite, the devil's advocates who just can't help jumping in no matter which side they're taking.
    10-12-10 05:28 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD