I have a Evo 4G and I switched from my BB 9700,but Im not using the 4G even though I have it in my area(runs the battery down quickly). My phone is always on a charger, and I think I'm afraid of not being cool without my EVO. I really want to come back to a Blackberry, Im just afraid I'll miss the big screen. Some talk me into it. In reality I think a Blackberry is all I need. Don't use half the stuff on the Evo anyway. Ah....confused. Help!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-08-10 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Profanity
    10-08-10 07:05 PM
    No you are not a dud I would take a bold or torch over the evo anyday but if u want an android phone still get the samsung epic I would take that too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 07:12 PM
    Coolness doesn't come from your phone. It's a personality/skills thing

Maybe make a list of the pros and cons (for you) of both devices and see which one wins.

Personally, not a fan of the Evo at all.
    10-08-10 07:19 PM
    I went from a treo to an evo to a blackberry 9650. Funny how we've come full circle going back to gigantic phones. Neat features on evo, but mostly stuff I did not use. I am neither tethered to a desk nor in my car all day so evo battery life, or lack thereof, was a huge issue to me. I wanted a phone that does email and texting with occasional app use and got that. I do not want to watch movies on my phone...

No regrets.
    10-08-10 08:11 PM
    I have a Evo 4G and I switched from my BB 9700,but Im not using the 4G even though I have it in my area(runs the battery down quickly). My phone is always on a charger, and I think I'm afraid of not being cool without my EVO. I really want to come back to a Blackberry, Im just afraid I'll miss the big screen. Some talk me into it. In reality I think a Blackberry is all I need. Don't use half the stuff on the Evo anyway. Ah....confused. Help!
    IMHO, it seems like you've already made your decision and just looking for validation. Blackberries ARE cool. They can last 1-3 days on a single charge. How cool is that? If you don't have any power when you need it most, what good is the phone? If you must have a bigger screen take a look at the torch or get the BB Playbook when it comes out. Good luck!
    10-08-10 08:39 PM
    Coolness doesn't come from your phone. It's a personality/skills thing

Maybe make a list of the pros and cons (for you) of both devices and see which one wins.

Personally, not a fan of the Evo at all.
    People always think it is about the items they own is what makes them "cool
    "...Sad really. Being yourself makes you cool.

The Evo is a nice device, but the battery life is god awful.
    10-08-10 08:48 PM
    A lady I work with just got the Evo and the first thing she does after her commute to work is plug it in...lol!
    10-08-10 10:41 PM
    The Evo has the best screen size and form factor of most android phones out right now IMO. The AMOLED screens are crisp and clean but I cant stand how you cant see them in direct sunlight and this is why I stick to my 8330 for now.
    10-09-10 12:41 AM
    There's nothing wrong with you for wanting to switch back to BB. As I continually mention around here, android devices aren't for everyone. Every device has its' own list of periods and cons, and for every person or there, there's a different set of criteria that determines what device works for them and what ones they can't tolerate.

If battery life is important to you, devices with large high res screens may not be a good fit for you. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong, just that your requirements differ from others.
    10-09-10 02:32 AM
    I had a 8330and tried out an Incredible but ended up switching back. The apps were fun but not necessary. I realized my berry was much better at meassaging so I switched back. I do miss the browser but the blackberry browser is good enough to keep me happy until I get to a computer. Also I didn't want to do things on the droid like browse or use apps because I always had to be aware of my battery life.

10-09-10 04:32 AM
    Every single time I pick up an Android device I ask the same thing....what does this thing have that I MUST have that I don't currently have on my Blackberry???? The answer for me, each time, is nothing.

I prefer Blackberry so I buy it. If Blackberry went away I would do an iPhone. I don't care for one single Android phone. And what's more, I am extremely put off by some of the Android users on this forum. Even if I were interested in an Android device, the idea of sharing one thing with them is enough to put me off it altogether.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 10-09-10 at 06:21 AM.
    10-09-10 05:23 AM
    you may need to go to a psychologist if you feel like your phone will determine your 'social status' or how 'cool' you are...get a torch all the girls will get naked and love you.
    10-09-10 08:13 AM
    Thanks for the therapy session guys. I feel better already. LOL!!!!
    10-09-10 12:25 PM
    If you are giving up an EVO to go back to a BlackBerry you have lost your whole,
    complete and entire mind.
    10-09-10 12:38 PM
    If you are giving up an EVO to go back to a BlackBerry you have lost your whole,
    complete and entire mind.
    lol AG. Have you ever used an Evo? The battery life comically terrible.

It's more like a desktop than a mobile device. Always needs to be plugged in.
    10-09-10 12:51 PM

I have. In fact I do currently. The battery life is not nearly as bad as reported
    on this site (no surprise) and the actual device is simply head and shoulders
    above ANYTHING offered from RIM.

Yes I know, +14k posts, Moderator, etc, I should be touting the BB as the
    be all and end all in the minds of some. I personally prefer to be objective
    and honest.
    10-09-10 12:58 PM
    I have. In fact I do currently. The battery life is not nearly as bad as reported
    on this site (no surprise) and the actual device is simply head and shoulders
    above ANYTHING offered from RIM.

Yes I know, +14k posts, Moderator, etc, I should be touting the BB as the
    be all and end all in the minds of some. I personally prefer to be objective
    and honest.
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the honesty. Wouldn't expect anything less from someone as amazingly graceless as yourself

I know two people that own an Evo and their experience greatly differs from yours. I can barely stand the amount of whining they produce about the battery life. From what I've seen (and heard time and time again), they're lucky to get a half day with moderate use from a full charge.
    10-09-10 01:08 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the honesty. Wouldn't expect anything less from someone as amazingly graceless as yourself

I know two people that own an Evo and their experience greatly differs from yours. I can barely stand the amount of whining they produce about the battery life. From what I've seen (and heard time and time again), they're lucky to get a half day with moderate use from a full charge.
    ... and there's the rub. Even with BBs the experience from one user to another
    (even with the same device and OS) can vary wildly. I am only reporting my
    own personal experience.
    10-09-10 02:29 PM
    ... and there's the rub. Even with BBs the experience from one user to another
    (even with the same device and OS) can vary wildly. I am only reporting my
    own personal experience.
    I don't disagree. My point, icehead might not be slipping into the bliss of insanity because he prefers the 9700 over the Evo.

I know your statement was filled with sarcasm, but still..
    Last edited by Spiral_ouT; 10-09-10 at 03:01 PM.
    10-09-10 02:56 PM
    the OG poster could use some of the tips around the android sites such as androidcentral.com forums to get better battery life. and amazing i live in CT too

edit: here's a link http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ontribute.html
    Last edited by Retrokid223; 10-09-10 at 03:09 PM.
    10-09-10 03:03 PM

This is one of the main reasons I'm considering this move. I'm not tied to a desk or in my car all day. I need a phone that can go 8-10hrs before a charge is needed. I love my Evo, but I've had to buy a car charger and a wall charger to get through one day of average use.
    10-09-10 05:37 PM
    Most of the tips that are offered refer to turning everything off that make the phone cool. If I need to turn off the Sync feature to make the battery last, then what do I have....a Blackberry. I really don't care for the 9650, but it's probably what "I need for work and play". I'm not on the net alot, I need to be able to find my work mates, i need to contact Doctors and them me, I need my email, I dont ever use 4G cause it kills the battery, if you text alot starting at 7a.m.(10-20) before lunch, you battery is half gone gone. Anything else and you're in the yellow by 1:00p.m. Geez.. Y'all see what i mean?
    10-09-10 05:49 PM
    I read about the epically awful battery life of the Galaxy S Vibrant on here too, and I am on hour 37 off the charger at 41%. I run wifi, live wallpapers, sync is on at all times for facebook/gmail/person POPmail, the only thing I don't keep on is GPS and I have never kept it on at all times on any phone I owned including BB.

I did just spend 2 days with my mother's Torch trying to get it set up for her...but thats a story for another thread.
    10-09-10 05:49 PM
    Most of the tips that are offered refer to turning everything off that make the phone cool. If I need to turn off the Sync feature to make the battery last, then what do I have....a Blackberry. I really don't care for the 9650, but it's probably what "I need for work and play". I'm not on the net alot, I need to be able to find my work mates, i need to contact Doctors and them me, I need my email, I dont ever use 4G cause it kills the battery, if you text alot starting at 7a.m.(10-20) before lunch, you battery is half gone gone. Anything else and you're in the yellow by 1:00p.m. Geez.. Y'all see what i mean?

I absolutely agree with you. It's all about what your needs are or what you personally find important to you.
    When I was trying to deal with the battery life on the iPhone 3GS, everyone told me to turn every single feature that was great about the phone....so that didn't work for me. I returned it before my 30 days were up. I have't picked up an Android - don't think I will
    10-09-10 06:10 PM
    I did the same thing. Its no big deal. Its about what you want. Not what others think. Come back home.

Last edited by dwaynewilliams; 10-10-10 at 02:56 PM.
    10-09-10 06:35 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD