Or did I just see a passport and PRIV commercial on primetime national television? (ABC jeopardy 7pm)??

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-17-16 06:08 PM
    Yes! Me too. Rarely for these come on. It should have been more but should come on from last year. So so poorly marketing from blackberry. So shame!
    06-17-16 06:15 PM
    Awesome!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    06-17-16 08:33 PM
    BlackBerry recently hired someone new for marketing. Perhaps he is behind this. There is a thread about an ad during the NBA finals game last night. It sounds like it might be the same ad or a similar ad--for the Priv and the Passport.
    06-18-16 03:17 AM
    Woooooo the rebirth of BB10. You guys were right all along. BB10 is coming back
    JeepBB and heepman like this.
    06-18-16 07:26 PM
    Woooooo the rebirth of BB10. You guys were right all along. BB10 is coming back
    Or maybe BlackBerry is simply trying to move its unsold stock of Passports and Privs.
    jaydee5799, JeepBB, TgeekB and 1 others like this.
    06-18-16 07:59 PM
    Or maybe BlackBerry is simply trying to move its unsold stock of Passports and Privs.
    Well hopefully they would want to move their unsold stock. Isn't that what businesses do? One of the big problems with their sales has been that many people haven't heard about their products or that they are still making phones. So this is definitely a positive, not a negative, no matter what their sales volume has been up to now.
    Sairos, Elite1, heepman and 2 others like this.
    06-18-16 08:07 PM
    Exactly. I wouldn't take this as meaning Bb10 is back. Just marketing old stock.
    anon(3732391) and JeepBB like this.
    06-19-16 05:09 AM
    I have had a couple of people asking me if I would recommend the Priv and I had to say no due to the poor carrier support. And that is assuming they can even find the Privs in the stores. They do like the phone . And the pricing of the Priv is a definite turn off too. I love my Priv but BlackBerry dropped the ball (again) in terms of marketing and carrier support . Why create phones like the Passport and Priv if there is no marketing behind them?

Posted via my Priv
    heepman likes this.
    06-19-16 07:47 AM
    Heavy advertising is done when you can't sell your product. It's a last attempt by BlackBerry. Hardware will be done by the end of this calendar year. A very sad reality.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 10:24 AM
    Heavy advertising is done when you can't sell your product. It's a last attempt by BlackBerry. Hardware will be done by the end of this calendar year. A very sad reality.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung is the company with most advertising, they don't sell well ?

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    Sigewif and heepman like this.
    06-19-16 10:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, because no company ever uses advertising to grow their business.
    heepman and Sigewif like this.
    06-19-16 10:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Heavy marketing is done to give product awareness where there hasn't been any before. My experience has been that many people who have seen my Priv did not know BlackBerry was still making phones and did not know the Priv existed. They have been pretty impressed. Lack of marketing has contributed to their lack of sales in a big way. I take it as a good sign that BB is now doing some mainstream marketing. I hope they do more.
    heepman likes this.
    06-19-16 10:53 AM
    Advertising 1- or 2-year old phones doesn't make me think "BB10 is coming back". It makes me think they want to push to get rid of as many as they can before they have to resort to fire-sale pricing.

I'll believe "BB10 is coming back" when I see them advertising a brand new handset running 10.4, along with new SDKs for developers.

As for marketing the Priv, I agree they need a lot more public awareness but it seems like an especially odd time to start an advertising campaign - the phone's about 9 months old.

If they are really releasing a new handset in the next month, they should be advertising the heck out of that phone and not something they relesed last year.
    06-19-16 11:01 AM
    Yes, you are dreaming... wake up and... buy an Android or iPhone lol jokes
    06-19-16 02:10 PM
    Exactly. I wouldn't take this as meaning Bb10 is back. Just marketing old stock.
    Common sense would dictate that "Just marketing old stock" for the sake of getting rid of it, would inevitably shut down the entire company.
    The idea behind this marketing is to see what kind of interest the public may find in Blackberry, again.
    Keep in mind that the general public thinks Blackberry no longer exists. They certainly don't know how "old" the Passport is. And despite it being a mere two years old, it' still has a better OS than all the other platforms and is still a better device than most new phones

I'm sure we'll see a series of ads in the coming months to re acquaint the public with Blackberry. Then, Chen will know for sure which direction to go in.

It ain't over till it's over!
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-19-16 03:09 PM
    Common sense would dictate that "Just marketing old stock" for the sake of getting rid of it, would inevitably shut down the entire company.
    The idea behind this marketing is to see what kind of interest the public may find in Blackberry, again.

I'm sure we'll see a series of ads in the coming months to re acquaint the public with Blackberry. Then, Chen will know for sure which direction to go in.

It ain't over till it's over!
    I can agree with that. Fits a duel purpose. If there's interest, perhaps some new device. If not, they sold some old stock. Much more than that is blind faith.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    06-19-16 03:11 PM
    Yes! Me too. Rarely for these come on. It should have been more but should come on from last year. So so poorly marketing from blackberry. So shame!
    Much surprise? Very marketing...! :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    gebco likes this.
    06-19-16 04:22 PM
    Re-start broadcast advertising campaign with an old phone that's already been marked down to fire sale prices?

This company is consistent in its screw-ups, I'll give it that.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 05:41 AM
    Re-start broadcast advertising campaign with an old phone that's already been marked down to fire sale prices?

This company is consistent in its screw-ups, I'll give it that.

Posted via CB10
    I suspect there is method in their madness. If only to sell the remaining stock by reminding people of these phones.

Perhaps to catch the potential buyers who couldn't afford the Passport/Priv the first time around.
    Jack Chin and TCB on Z10 like this.
    06-20-16 08:04 AM
    Advertising 1- or 2-year old phones doesn't make me think "BB10 is coming back". It makes me think they want to push to get rid of as many as they can before they have to resort to fire-sale pricing.

I'll believe "BB10 is coming back" when I see them advertising a brand new handset running 10.4, along with new SDKs for developers.

As for marketing the Priv, I agree they need a lot more public awareness but it seems like an especially odd time to start an advertising campaign - the phone's about 9 months old.

If they are really releasing a new handset in the next month, they should be advertising the heck out of that phone and not something they relesed last year.
    No offense but, yeah you are dreaming. lol

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-20-16 08:17 AM
    I suspect there is method in their madness. If only to sell the remaining stock by reminding people of these phones.

Perhaps to catch the potential buyers who couldn't afford the Passport/Priv the first time around.
    About the only way anyone is going to know about them....

Brand repair has to start somewhere. Mightbe more about getting the BlackBerry name back out there than about either of the devices. Becuase at this point, it's hard to find either of those devices.

But to the OP... Jeopardy isn't a prime time national show. It's syndicated and different markets place it at different time slots.
    06-20-16 08:20 AM

Yeah, perhaps. Though even under the circumstances, that scenario may be too logical, heh.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 08:35 AM
    Again, Two or three years with a high quality made device and an OS that no other OS can come close too.. DOES NOT make the Passport an OLD device by any means.
    I'll bet your home computer is older than that.
    Remember, Blackberry has always targeted a more business minded demographic.

News flash, If you happen to have a Playbook, Blackberry has just releast a new update to bring it up to today's standards.
    And everybody said the Playbook was dead. Surprise!!!!

You can debate the BB10 issue until you turn blue, but it ain't over till it's over.
    06-21-16 02:43 PM
    Again, Two or three years with a high quality made device and an OS that no other OS can come close too.. DOES NOT make the Passport an OLD device by any means.
    I'll bet your home computer is older than that.
    Remember, Blackberry has always targeted a more business minded demographic.

News flash, If you happen to have a Playbook, Blackberry has just releast a new update to bring it up to today's standards.
    And everybody said the Playbook was dead. Surprise!!!!

You can debate the BB10 issue until you turn blue, but it ain't over till it's over.
    PlayBook update? What update are you referring too?
    If it brought the PlayBook up to today's standards... it's BlackMagic, not BlackBerry.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    06-21-16 03:06 PM
31 12