So I got my timetable for school and went to enter my days into my BB. Was in the calender and set up the events but they are appearing on the weekend when I don't have school and I can't figure out how to just make them weekday entries not including weekends. This is my first time using the calendar for more then 1 or 2 events a month. It would be really useful if I could figure it out. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 04:37 PM
    I use Outlook for my calender then synchronize it to my BlackBerry. It is very flexible for recurring schedules.

When you are booking an appointment you can select Daily or Weekly for recurring entries. I suspect you are selecting Daily and getting weekends. Try selecting weekly.

If your calender rotates through the week, it will be a lot more complicated to build.
    08-31-09 04:56 PM
    It flip flops daily. So one day it goes class 1 2 3 4 then GPA 2 1 and 4 3. Is outlook free and user friendly? Cuz I am trying to make myself more efficient through the berry and mastering scheduling would be very beneficial

08-31-09 05:02 PM
    Goes not GPA.... Thanks I did have it on daily got the busing fixed now for the coursea

08-31-09 05:04 PM
    Is outlook free ...
    Nope, like all Microsoft software, they do expect you to pay for it.

Outlook is packaged with Microsoft Office or it can be purchased as a stand alone program. The Office bundle is what has make it a corporate standard Email, Calender and Contact client.
    08-31-09 05:17 PM
    The way I do it is create a weely recurring entry. So, a Monday 9:30am class would be listed as a weekly entry. If I had the same class on Wednesdays, then I would create a second weekly entry for Wednesdays as well. That way, they only show up on the days I want them to.
    08-31-09 05:26 PM
    You can always use google calendar then download google sync to get it on your blackberry.

08-31-09 05:32 PM
    The way I do it is create a weely recurring entry. So, a Monday 9:30am class would be listed as a weekly entry. If I had the same class on Wednesdays, then I would create a second weekly entry for Wednesdays as well. That way, they only show up on the days I want them to.
    That actually made a lot of sense thanks

Might look into that outlook if its reasonably priced, but until then this works.

08-31-09 05:57 PM
    Do a search on "steal of a deal" or Microsoft Office "steal of a deal". It is a student purchase plan for Office 2007 which of course includes Outlook.

$59.00 I think. 90% off retail or something like that.

Unbelievable in my opinion. I think the requirements are (in Canada and U.S.) a registered College or University and a valid .edu email address from the school.

If I were a student I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

Pete
    08-31-09 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD