Greetings and Salutations CrackBerry world!

Here is my question: Am I alone?
    Obviously I am not, I am in a world of "hyper connected" people who are all wielding smart phones of all makes and models. It is easier now that ever to reach out and connect with people, So no I realize I am not alone. I was referring more to my deep down closet desires.. No I'm not going that personal on this posting, I mean and I the only one who misses my 9900, a lot. Am I alone?

Lets face it if your a BlackBerry hold out user, Your not using your BlackBerry for Apps , apps and apps. We didn't play words with friends, or sketch with friends, we are going to miss out on the Candy Crush frenzy and of course there is Netflix and Instagram.. If your a BlackBerry hold out your Texting, Facebooking, e-mailing, twitter, and BBM'ing ( on an ever dimishing friend list).

I miss my trackpad and the built in back button... I miss the short cuts, and of course more than anything I miss my QWERTY. I really wanted to support the Z10 launch and so the day it launched I sat outside a TELUS store in Canada for 2 hours prior to the store opening ensuring my spot in line. Turns out I was alone that day.... But it was fun none the less. My hard earned money went into the purchase of the z10 and now I love the phone and can praise it for ever and ever.... There are things I miss..

My 9900 sits in front of me as I write this, I have kept it charged, not sure why... Every time I see the green low light I recharge it... Sometimes I pick it up, type memo into the keypad and then write a story just enjoying the keyboard.

Considering what I use my z10 for... E-mail, texting, BBM, Facebook, Twitter....
    I am considering ripping SIM outta my z10 and putting it in my 9900...
    Am I alone?
    SK122387 likes this.
    05-27-13 02:05 PM
    you are surely not alone as there are several others that have expressed similar feelings of returning to the older more mature BBOS.
    05-27-13 02:09 PM
    I, too, keep my old 9700 charged.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:09 PM

Obviously I am not, I am in a world of "hyper connected" people who are all wielding smart phones of all makes and models. It is easier now that ever to reach out and connect with people, So no I realize I am not alone. I was referring more to my deep down closet desires.. No I'm not going that personal on this posting, I mean and I the only one who misses my 9900, a lot. Am I alone?

Lets face it if your a BlackBerry hold out user, Your not using your BlackBerry for Apps , apps and apps. We didn't play words with friends, or sketch with friends, we are going to miss out on the Candy Crush frenzy and of course there is Netflix and Instagram.. If your a BlackBerry hold out your Texting, Facebooking, e-mailing, twitter, and BBM'ing ( on an ever dimishing friend list).

I miss my trackpad and the built in back button... I miss the short cuts, and of course more than anything I miss my QWERTY. I really wanted to support the Z10 launch and so the day it launched I sat outside a TELUS store in Canada for 2 hours prior to the store opening ensuring my spot in line. Turns out I was alone that day.... But it was fun none the less. My hard earned money went into the purchase of the z10 and now I love the phone and can praise it for ever and ever.... There are things I miss..

My 9900 sits in front of me as I write this, I have kept it charged, not sure why... Every time I see the green low light I recharge it... Sometimes I pick it up, type memo into the keypad and then write a story just enjoying the keyboard.

Considering what I use my z10 for... E-mail, texting, BBM, Facebook, Twitter....
    Am I alone?
    Nope your not alone, I've wanted BB10 since it was annouced 2 years ago as BBX. I had my 9900 as well and loved every bit of it. Owning a iPhone and multiple Android OS devices, I actually don't miss any of those apps, hell I even forget to sideload IG everytime I run a new OS on my Z10 cause I just don't care. That being said, I'm a huge keyboard guy, if I had my 9900 would I go back to it? More than likely yes, I would see myself running the 9900 as my buisness device and Z10 as personal. On that note though, I'm really looking forward to finding myself a Q10 to purchase swap for my Z10, because than it truely is the best of both worlds. It's only a matter of time until BB finds a way to implement the old 9900 style keyboard shortcuts and what not into QNX and BB10
    05-27-13 02:11 PM
    I like to draw comparisons to what we saw with Palm, when they introduced the Palm Pre. Yes I know, they were two completely separate companies in completely separate financial situations - but I'm talking the OS-switch:

With the Pre, you had a whole-new OS (Web OS) that had a lot of great advantages and was considerably faster than Palm OS. But, those with Palm OS phones found themselves having either to completely upgrade everything, or stay with their Palm OS devices. Moreover, they liked the simplicity of the Palm OS environment. Palm pretty much ignored their many legacy devices in favor of the new Web OS devices.

Palm owners asked many of the same questions we now see asked concerning BlackBerry:

- Why can't the Pre have a similar, simple interface - but with the speed and advantages of Web OS?
    - Why do I have to re-purchase all new applications?
    - Where did all the features I liked with Palm OS go, and why didn't Web OS try to keep at least some of them?

Sadly, such questions were often met with snide remarks about 'remaining in the stone age' by those adopting Web OS, and their queries were blithely ignored (much as we are beginning to see in the BlackBerry community).
    05-27-13 02:20 PM
    There's even more out there who WOULD feel like you if
    They had already switched! The early adopters are, as a whole, going to be much more enthusiastic. So besides the people here who have expressed the same feeling as you ,
    You can be sure there would be many more who feel as you do. Bb10 isn't everything from before plus a lot more, it's plus a lot more but minus a bunch of little things... That plus the familiarity factor, and it's not surprising to feel this way.
    05-27-13 04:37 PM
    Yup I bought a sim adapter the other day so I can switch back to my 9900. I do miss the trackpad and a lot of the options it has

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:33 PM
    Yup. I sold my Bold 9900 but will still pick my husband's every now and then. Gorgeous Legacy phone.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    05-27-13 05:45 PM
    What a question... There are many millions of us...considering a million were sold in first month...i feel exclusive holding Z10 in world of iCrap.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:47 PM
    When I bought my Z10, I had a black and a white 9900 and also a Torch 9810. I thought that I'd be switching my sim card into all 4 of them. This ended up not being the case, as the power of BlackBerry10 made reverting back to OS7 impossible for me.

That being said, I sold my OS7 devices partially because I wanted the money, and partially because I couldn't look at them anymore. I found myself picking up my black 9900 and typing on it, seeing if it still was as nice as I remembered. It was. I got every word typed correctly the first time. I could still type without looking. I realized that the 9900 is still exactly what I NEED in a phone. The Z10's screen size is nice, but it's just like.. excess, I guess.

That's why I'm getting the Q10 the day it comes out on T-Mobile. I don't want apps, I don't want to watch movies or tv shows, I don't want to play Angry Birds. I just want that keyboard back.
    SoCalRedbird likes this.
    05-27-13 06:28 PM
    Wish I had some extra money to drop them into shares. If you have the time to hold onto them for awhile, I'm pretty sure this isn't the high water mark!
    05-28-13 01:15 AM
    It's only a matter of time until BB finds a way to implement the old 9900 style keyboard shortcuts and what not into QNX and BB10
    Whoa, does this mean the Q10 won't have all the great shortcuts I've used constantly on my 9650 and 9930? Those shortcuts are a big reason why I still prefer a keyboard and sold my Torch 9850 to move back to a keyboard phone (loving the 9930). They let me do so many things and find my most-used tools so much more efficiently than finding icons or searching through menus.

I haven't been paying particularly close attention to the BB10 details since I haven't had a lot of interest in the Z10, so I hadn't seen any other mention of the Q10 not having integrated shortcuts. Damn. Thanks for the heads-up, though -- I'm glad to be aware of it rather than to be surprised if I were to get a Q10.
    05-28-13 03:04 PM
    I, too, keep my old 9700 charged.

Posted via CB10
    I still charge my 9650.....
    05-28-13 05:24 PM
    My last phone was a 9800 before getting the Z10 on Canadian launch day. Haven't missed one thing about that phone with the exception of BB Traffic. That app was awesome, but there are way too many good things about the Z for me to even contemplate a complaint.
    05-28-13 06:41 PM

Am I alone?
    Not alone at all. I did just that today. Ill put the sim back in the Z10 maybe after 10.2. For now it will be used as a $600 media player(streaming) and camera.
    05-28-13 10:44 PM
    I still use my work issued 9900 alongside my Z10. I still find it a great overall communication device...the OS is very efficient and focused on communication, be it text based or for phone calls. Fine for my work purposes for the most part (though there are some industry specific apps that are not available). Problem is of course, in today's smartphone age, a phone must be, and is expected to be, more than just for communication only.

BB10/Z10 has lost some of that communication and efficiency focus, but I think what has been gained in return more than makes up for it. I'm hopeful most of the features the power users miss the most can be added back in later via software updates.
    05-28-13 11:11 PM
    You will have short cuts. Just different. There are several posts in the forums on hem
    06-01-13 01:58 AM
    OP, not alone, I ran back to my 9900 apologizing for ever leaving it. In fact I'm using my old 9700 on OS5 right now mainly because on the Audible app still installed on it. This over a free Z10.

I'm glad you made this thread.
    06-01-13 02:25 AM
    My 9800 is a great alarm clock.
    06-01-13 04:17 AM
    yup, back to my 9900. going to see if i can get anything for the z10 on craigslist. Just missed the keyboard so much, and it communicates so much better than z10. In fact no way I would have put this post on my z10, that would have been too much typing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-11-13 03:13 PM
    Why not swap your Z10 for a Q10?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 04:06 PM
    yup, back to my 9900. going to see if i can get anything for the z10 on craigslist. Just missed the keyboard so much, and it communicates so much better than z10. In fact no way I would have put this post on my z10, that would have been too much typing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    probably would have been between 20-25 swipes, rather than over 100 button presses.

if you choose to type "internet" with the Z10, not using swipe:

i n t e r n e t - 8 key strokes

if you choose to type "internet" with the 9900:

i n t e r n e t - 8 key strokes.

how exactly does the Z10 mean more typing?
    08-11-13 04:13 PM