Now that I have a BB with reliable email, calendar and contacts, I'd like to try to get off Gmail. I don't like having them know everything about me and I'm willing to pay for a hosted service that will sync my PIM data.

I initially looked at hosted Exchange but they usually price BB plans higher than other devices. I'm assuming this is due to requiring a BES license.

A few questions:

1. Can the BB use ActiveSync with Exchange over BIS?
    2. If I must have BES, what's a reasonable cost? For reference, mail2web.com charges $15/month, that's a little steep.
    3. Am I better off looking at a bundle of hosted domain and BES service somewhere?
    4. Is there anything like just syncing to a standalone desktop solution on my own computer? Honestly I don't use the web interface of Gmail all that much, it's there mostly for backup. I wish AT&T would sync more than my email for my BIS account. That might have been enough.

I'd love to hear from independent professionals who use BB with a hosted and secure service. Thanks!
    12-19-09 12:23 AM
    Bump

Anyone using hosted Exchange accounts with BES as an individual user? I'm looking for experiences and idea on pricing, all included. Thanks!
    12-27-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD