Was messing around with the ALT+NMLL and noticed that it not only changed the signal bar into a number (as expected) but a -2 appeared below. This is only visible when scrolled to the very top of the home screen in OS6. It does not seem to change, it just stays at -2, thus far at least. Running 6.0.0.524 on 9650. Has any one else notice this, if so what does it signify?

I have attatched an image for those who are interested.
    03-23-11 01:12 AM
    Yeaa I noticed it in my Curve 3G and if you turned on your Wi-Fi it begins to show you its strength (Running OS 6.0.0.461)
    03-23-11 03:40 AM
    Don't have a BB, but pretty sure that is for you're wifi connection signal. Try turning off your wifi and that should disappear.
    03-23-11 07:07 AM
    While connected to a Wi-Fi signal in my house, on my Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9650/6.0.0.431, ALT+nmll causes the Wi-Fi symbol to be replaced by -4 (as well as replacing the cell tower signal bars with a number). So now, being curious, I walked outside my house to see it might be a Wi-Fi signal strength indicator. Sure enough - at the street curb, the signal is now shown as -7.

My conclusion: It's a Wi-Fi signal strength indicator where larger absolute numbers indicate lesser signal strength (-7 represents a lower signal than -4)

Edit: Also discovered a not-so-nice aspect of showing numbers instead of signal bars: Going to Service Status in that mode showed all connections via Mobile Network. Switching back to signal bars (ALT-NMLL) immediately restored the Wi-Fi service connection. Whaaa??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 03-23-11 at 09:18 AM.
    03-23-11 08:56 AM
    Don't have a BB, but pretty sure that is for you're wifi connection signal. Try turning off your wifi and that should disappear.
    Funny thing about it is that i dont have my WIFI turned on at all.
    03-23-11 11:09 AM
    I wonder if it shows signal strength of any adjacent Wi-Fi signal. Do you have a Wi-Fi router nearby even though you don't have Wi-Fi active on the BlackBerry?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-24-11 09:13 PM
    Hmm umm any other weird combos of buttons that change stuff on a bb???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD