My contract is almost up. I am with Alltel here in Southern Illinois. (5 hours South of Chicago) Alltel is now offering the Torch 9850. Should I jump in now or wait to see if they get the Bold 9930? Please help.
    11-07-11 05:03 PM
    IPHONE 4S 4 LIFE!!!!

jk

go play with the torch and see if you like it. If keys are important wait off.
    11-07-11 05:10 PM
    I like the keys on my 8530, but I like the touch pad keys on my playbook. I played with a 9850 today at Alltel. It was different. It had beautiful graphics. The biggest problem is who knows when Alltel will get a 9930. They are always late to the dance when it comes to Blackberry phones. I have unlimited text, unlimited data and nationwide free calling, so leaving them is not a real option just to get a new phone. My daughter has the same on Verizon for a whole lot more dollars! (she got in before they started limiting their data)
    11-07-11 08:02 PM
    IPHONE 4S 4 LIFE!!!!
    Now we know where this thread is headed.

If you can wait a month or so then they might release the 99XX Bold so your call. If you can handle an all touch screen phone for 2 years then go for it. Best advice is to go to the store and test drive each phone to see what works for yourself day in/out and go from there.
    11-07-11 08:07 PM
    I've had the Torch 9800 since December of last year, & I can honestly say I can't go back to a smaller screen. I love the larger screen & I actually never use the physical keyboard. I may go the 9860 route but I'm not upgrade eligible until April. I have no problem dumping a physical keyboard.

Good luck!
    11-07-11 08:36 PM
    Both are good choices..........and I would be jealous!!!!!!!
    11-07-11 09:26 PM
    I, too, live in Southern IL & deal at the West City store.
    I currently have an X2 & while it's ok, it currently can't be rooted.
    I previously had a Tour & really liked it, but thought i'd get on the droid bandwagon & got a Desire, which I didn't care for one bit. After a couple of XBM's, I got the Milestone & had trouble with it as well. That's how I ended up with my X2.
    I've already had trouble with it & last time I took it in the rep told me (after mentioning the Torch II & how we missed our BB's) that Alltel may be getting the Bold 9930.
    I may go play with the Torch II some more due to it having a bigger screen than the 9930, but i'd really like to know if they'll be getting the 9930 for sure.
    Of course, with Alltel the way it is now, nothing's for sure.
    02-10-12 09:47 AM
    Bold 9930 all the way! Couldn't imagine going to a touchscreen phone when BB offers this awesome keyboard.
    02-10-12 10:23 AM
    Time to go play with some phones lol.
    02-10-12 10:37 AM
    Personally I prefer the Torch form factor over the Bold. With the torch you have a keypad when you need it and when you don't it's nicely tucked away giving you a decent sized touchscreen. I'd rather have that than be reaching over a keyboard every time I want to interact with the screen.
    02-10-12 10:41 PM
    Well, I broke down & got the Torch.
    It ended up being ~$170 out the door with a 1 year contract.
    I miss the Swype on my Droid, but overall I like the Torch better than the Milestone X2 I previously had. I really don't think the X2 was any faster than this Torch, but that could be an OS thing, too.
    03-08-12 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD