BB newbie here. I am trying to convert from WM6 so bear with me.

Does anyone know if we will be able to use the GPS capabilities with other programs than telnav (with out paying for telnav).

Also, is there a built in file manager that I am missing?

thanks,

Doc
    05-02-08 07:27 PM
    I use the GPS with blackberry maps and google maps. Telenav is good, but my cellphone bill is high enough. I don't really want to pay anything extra.
    05-02-08 08:27 PM
    I have an Alltel 8830WE and run the NAV4ALL app instead of telenav. Its free and has voice nav.

No built-in file manager that I'm aware of but I'm sure there is a free one if you look in the right places....for example, start in CB's list of free software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 08:32 PM
    Big

How do you get BBmaps to recognise the GPS. Do you have to activate or something.

doc
    05-03-08 06:08 PM
    Big

How do you get BBmaps to recognise the GPS. Do you have to activate or something.

doc
    I went into options, advanced options, GPS, and then turned on GPS location.
    05-04-08 07:50 AM
    That's good to know. I just switched from sprint to alltel for the 8330 and was worried i would lose my free navagation. It's nice to know you can still use 3rd party apps.
    05-08-08 01:28 AM
    To get to a file manager, just click on your Media Icon, once that screen comes up, push the BlackBerry button and you get a choice to Explore, which is your file manager.
    05-08-08 12:52 PM
    Google Maps is really nice! It even works without a GPS receiver. Those guys are great!
    05-08-08 09:01 PM
    Big
    doc
    BBMaps/Options/GPS Settings/GPS Source: Keychain GPS 2000

I'm using an external GPS, because the internal GPS on my Verizon 8830 is disabled. But this setting should be where you select the internal GPS. I can't verify that because on my 8830 my choices are 'Keychain GPS 2000' and 'none.'

Once you've made that selection and saved it, press Menu and select Start GPS Navigation.
    05-08-08 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD