If you do not know what SSH means, it's like a secure telnet. Pretty much only the linux guru's would want this. I just installed this on my tour, but it supposedly works on all other devices including the Storm.

While I am raving a bit, this is a needed post because there has been a huge lack in the SSH market for blackberrys.

The program is from mochasoft, or mochasoft.dk the URL looks funny but here it is:

TN5250 TN3270 TELNET VNC 5250 3270. Free Trial from MochaSoft. Unlimited company license 250$.

Install the 30 day trial. Just remember to set the MD5 to TCP/IP if you dont use MD5, or you will not connect. That was the only default setting I had to change.

I can edit files with Vim/Nano and use the control key shortcuts etc by using the blackberry button. Even chatting in console chat via IRSSI works flawlessly, so that removes the need to use irc programs on the blackberry.

The license only cost 30 bucks which is CHEAP compared to that other one that was around for 90 bucks...Midpssh is great for being free, but it does not have "live" input, rather it goes to a separate typing screen which drives me nuts.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by saintjah; 07-27-09 at 12:53 PM.
    07-27-09 12:51 PM
    hmm...something to look into. Thanks for the link.
    07-27-09 01:05 PM
    thanks for the link
    07-27-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD