I rarely come around anymore and am reading CrackBerry blogs less every day. Frankly, I'm tired of listening to all the doomsayers whining. All the negative garbage, fear mongering, and crying. You guys just suck the life out of it. Why don't you just go and buy a competitors phone and get it over with. I'll be rocking the Z30.
    09-22-13 11:13 AM
    You rarely come around, but when you do, it is to complain about complainers complaining?

Doesn't seem constructive. I think this thread will quickly go downhill, but I'm in before the lock!
    09-22-13 11:17 AM
    i think the biggest doomsayers of all are the management of blackberry, wall street, and a few investors.

I think they might have a clue.
    JeepBB, raggdoll, waker and 3 others like this.
    09-22-13 11:18 AM
    you shouldnt suggest people to leave the platform if you like it. everyone is entitle to there own opinion. if you dont like this why do you even read such threads?

see:i choose to read your post and reply to it. therefore, i show you interest and understand that what you have to say, no matter if i agree with you or not, matters to me. if it wasnt the case, you wouldn't be reading this comment of mine
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-22-13 11:19 AM
    I rarely come around anymore but when I do I make sure to start a thread about threads.

THREAD LIGHTLY.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:26 AM
    09-22-13 11:33 AM
    Then don't read ya donut

On my badass z10
    09-22-13 11:36 AM
    The usual suspects are already showing up to this thread. I don't know what Crackberry can control, but it would be in their best interest to take heed to the fact that there is a growing "burn out" with crackberry and it's lack of control over the negativity. I see the mods doing everything they can but the negative threads are overwhelming.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    Carjackd and Vorkosigan like this.
    09-22-13 11:49 AM
    As someone who largely sings the praises of my beloved BBRY device, I'm also not given to self deception. A few blunders can always be tolerated, heck we all slip up occasionally, but making a profession out of it is just not on! The only way to the improvement of anything is to accept your mistakes and make changes, rather than ignoring them or making excuses for them all the time.......
    09-22-13 11:56 AM
    Why do you believe there are so many "doomsayers"? BlackBerry has made their own bed, poured gasoline on it, and lit the match. You are blaming the wrong people for your frustration.
    richardat, waker, Etios and 1 others like this.
    09-22-13 02:14 PM
    Please direct me to the clue store.
    BerryWizard, richardat and Etios like this.
    09-22-13 02:50 PM
    I rarely come around anymore and am reading CrackBerry blogs less every day. Frankly, I'm tired of listening to all the doomsayers whining. All the negative garbage, fear mongering, and crying. You guys just suck the life out of it. Why don't you just go and buy a competitors phone and get it over with. I'll be rocking the Z30.
    I think the doom is based on the fact that blackberry is officially trying to sell the company, lost 1 billion dollars, announced they were leaving the consumer market, scaled back future models... what exactly do you think is going to happen here? it's over, they've thrown everything they can at recovery. It isn't going to happen. Best case scenario is they try to license and become only software. For consumers though, the z30 is going to be the last BlackBerry ever made in all liklihood. That isn't doom or speculation, that's all straight from BlackBerry.

There's nothing to look forward too honestly. They aren't going to make phones anymore. They're aggressively trying to sell the company. I think people around here aren't really grasping that. Maybe it will take the sale happening to realize that BB10 is EOL itself. People seem to think it's not over until BlackBerry gives some sort of official announcement that they're quitting. That isn't going to happen, they still need to sell the company, that would only worsen their worth. The only thing happening at BlackBerry right now is slimming the company down to sell. They aren't working on future phones, they aren't trying to make BB10 save the company. They know it's over, wall street knows it's over, everyone has announced it's over except a few people here saying "i still believe" but there isn't anything to believe.

If BlackBerry can't dump $1 billion in inventory of z10's for free... best thing you can do is get a free one load up a leaked OS, there MIGHT be an actual rollout of official 10.2 but after that, that's likely it. It's a good thing they got rid of BIS because at least the BB10 OS can operate without it. So people who have BB10 devices can continue to use them until they stop working. Sounds to me like there will be "brand new" BB10 devices floating around for some time though. At least you can get them for nothing. It's a real shame, there's potential there, but where the company is now, you can expect the app situation to stay exactly where it's at right now. With the company announcing it's out of the consumer market, instagram, netflix, vine, twitter, facebook, everyone else.. it would be a total waste of time to develop apps for BB10 now. No developer is going to attempt to profit from the platform now.
    Last edited by katiepea; 09-22-13 at 04:13 PM.
    09-22-13 03:41 PM
    Crackberry is the biggest BlackBerry forum, the news related to BlackBerry haven't been the most positive over the last few years, the forum reflects just that.
    Saiga likes this.
    09-22-13 04:01 PM
    Katiepea is right. It's over. Now were just speculation on how ugly it'll be and how much management will embarrass themselves.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 04:12 PM
    I think the doom is based on the fact that blackberry is officially trying to sell the company, lost 1 billion dollars, announced they were leaving the consumer market, scaled back future models... what exactly do you think is going to happen here? it's over, they've thrown everything they can at recovery. It isn't going to happen. Best case scenario is they try to license and become only software. For consumers though, the z30 is going to be the last BlackBerry ever made in all liklihood. That isn't doom or speculation, that's all straight from BlackBerry.

There's nothing to look forward too honestly. They aren't going to make phones anymore. They're aggressively trying to sell the company. I think people around here aren't really grasping that. Maybe it will take the sale happening to realize that BB10 is EOL itself. People seem to think it's not over until BlackBerry gives some sort of official announcement that they're quitting. That isn't going to happen, they still need to sell the company, that would only worsen their worth. The only thing happening at BlackBerry right now is slimming the company down to sell. They aren't working on future phones, they aren't trying to make BB10 save the company. They know it's over, wall street knows it's over, everyone has announced it's over except a few people here saying "i still believe" but there isn't anything to believe.

If BlackBerry can't dump $1 billion in inventory of z10's for free... best thing you can do is get a free one load up a leaked OS, there MIGHT be an actual rollout of official 10.2 but after that, that's likely it. It's a good thing they got rid of BIS because at least the BB10 OS can operate without it. So people who have BB10 devices can continue to use them until they stop working. Sounds to me like there will be "brand new" BB10 devices floating around for some time though. At least you can get them for nothing. It's a real shame, there's potential there, but where the company is now, you can expect the app situation to stay exactly where it's at right now. With the company announcing it's out of the consumer market, instagram, netflix, vine, twitter, facebook, everyone else.. it would be a total waste of time to develop apps for BB10 now. No developer is going to attempt to profit from the platform now.
    Good summary. The news is coming from Blackberry itself now. People just refuse to connect the dots.
    09-22-13 04:44 PM
    Good summary. The news is coming from Blackberry itself now. People just refuse to connect the dots.
    Funny how 2 people can read the same news and completely disagree.

I didn't see BlackBerry say they weren't selling handsets anymore. I did see them say they weren't going to compete head to head with apple and android and we're scaling back to 4 devices which is fine by me. I always felt that they made too many devices before.

I do see a lot of negativity here. Though of course it's cloaked as 'reality' and anyone who dares not to believe that BlackBerry is now in fact dead is apparently living in a fantasy land. I think in the end that negativity is going to end upcoming hurting Crackberry more than it hurts BlackBerry.

Those if us living in our 'fantasy land' will continue to use and enjoy our blackberries but will come to Crackberry less and less. It will get taken over by the so called 'realists' and they can continue to spew their negativity at each other.

#ICHOOSEBB10 but sadly I don't choose Crackberry anymore.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and Toodeurep like this.
    09-22-13 06:08 PM
    WHAT UTTER RUBBISH,

I suggest you read this , Read it slowly until you understand it.
    BlackBerry announces preliminary second quarter fiscal 2014 results and provides business update - Press Releases
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    09-22-13 06:15 PM
    WHAT UTTER RUBBISH,

BlackBerry announces preliminary second quarter fiscal 2014 results and provides business update - Press Releases
    So you expect BlackBerry to continue making phones for consumers, despite the fact that they've written off $1 billion in handsets? Are you insane? The consumer market has not only not been profitable, it's cost them everything. There is nothing they can do to fix it. The company is for sale. Everything they're doing is to sell the company now. Do you really expect them to pull out of this? The 3 year old legacy OS it outselling the new one, the new one that needed to save the company. Do you really think they're going to continue to throw a billion away every quarter? or even half that? or even a quarter of that? They're shrinking the hardware down until it's gone so that a buyer will bid on them. It's possible they may have a buyer ready and will only buy when the hardware is gone. The z10 which is 9 months old is EOL, the Z30 which is barely out will probably sell less units than either the Z10 and the Q10. They're bumping down costs to dump inventory. A company in recovery doesn't do these things, a company for sale does.

You can suggest these things mean a variety of routes, but here's what's for certain:

BlackBerry hardware division makes $0, it's worthless to them, it's worthless to any buyers. There is no fiscal reason why it should continue. Therefore assuming it will and assuming the board and investors will allow them to bleed profusely because of it is absolutely absurd.

4500 employees gone, they're "refocusing" on enterprise. do you think those employees are consumer market employees? I sure do.

I tend to agree with the entire market on this:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...769507936.html

BlackBerry Ltd.'s BB.T -16.08% last-ditch move to abandon its consumer business and focus on selling devices to companies is a risky bet that it can hang on to ground that is rapidly eroding.

"You have to be good in consumer to be good in enterprise," Mr. Heins said on the company's June 28 earnings call. Because it is "the employee in the enterprise deciding which device makes it into the enterprise."
    Last edited by katiepea; 09-22-13 at 06:31 PM.
    09-22-13 06:18 PM

Wow.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:43 PM
    Why do you believe there are so many "doomsayers"? BlackBerry has made their own bed, poured gasoline on it, and lit the match. You are blaming the wrong people for your frustration.
    Nursery Cryme Nov 12, 1972
    09-22-13 06:49 PM
    Funny how 2 people can read the same news and completely disagree.

I didn't see BlackBerry say they weren't selling handsets anymore. I did see them say they weren't going to compete head to head with apple and android and we're scaling back to 4 devices which is fine by me. I always felt that they made too many devices before.

I do see a lot of negativity here. Though of course it's cloaked as 'reality' and anyone who dares not to believe that BlackBerry is now in fact dead is apparently living in a fantasy land. I think in the end that negativity is going to end upcoming hurting Crackberry more than it hurts BlackBerry.

Those if us living in our 'fantasy land' will continue to use and enjoy our blackberries but will come to Crackberry less and less. It will get taken over by the so called 'realists' and they can continue to spew their negativity at each other.

#ICHOOSEBB10 but sadly I don't choose Crackberry anymore.

Posted via CB10
    You left out what they said about focusing on the enterprise and "prosumers" moving forward.
    09-22-13 07:14 PM
    WHAT UTTER RUBBISH,

Actually I did. You might check bullet point 3. And connect the dots.
    09-22-13 07:16 PM
    One doomsayer keeps saying that the company is for "sale". Not if ML has anything to say about it. If you believe the company is dead just leave and move the **** on. It's people like you who give BlackBerry a bad rep. Sigh. I feel like dying.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    09-22-13 07:29 PM
    Yeah well said. Why dont they just buy Apple,or Samsung a be done with them.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-22-13 07:47 PM
    You guys are funny.
    09-22-13 09:04 PM
47 12