01-27-11 08:04 AM
    Yup, that's the archaic form factor and antiquated design that everybody says has to be updated yesterday.

Good article ... thanks for posting.
    01-27-11 08:36 AM
    No problem...i thought it was interesting article considering all the talk of blackberry being obsolete soon (obviously in the tech world, not consumer world).
    01-27-11 08:59 AM
    No problem...i thought it was interesting article considering all the talk of blackberry being obsolete soon (obviously in the tech world, not consumer world).
    I don't get it?..the one guy talks about eventually replacing his BB..

“I still have my laptop as a backup and still use my Blackberry, but the idea is that they’ll be completely replaced,”

He's basically saying he uses his iProducts for everything but email at the moment..but is looking to consolodate them eventually. So basically once iPhone does email well..no more Blackberry.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 01-27-11 at 09:07 AM.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-27-11 09:05 AM
    First of all no phone will replace a laptop, thats just wishful thinking and second of all obviously everyone is trying to consolidate there devices but still remains the fact that hes still using a blackberry.
    01-27-11 09:24 AM
    First of all no phone will replace a laptop, thats just wishful thinking and second of all obviously everyone is trying to consolidate there devices but still remains the fact that hes still using a blackberry.
    Never say never..with the steps the Atrix is taking..it wouldnt suprise me to see this happen in the future. And yes..he's still using a Blackberry..for now (but using Apple products for everything other than email).
    01-27-11 09:27 AM
    Never say never..with the steps the Atrix is taking..it wouldnt suprise me to see this happen in the future. And yes..he's still using a Blackberry..for now (but using Apple products for everything other than email).
    Atrix will be a complete fail....
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    01-27-11 09:29 AM
    Well hes using an ipad for now because its really the only tablet that has made any damage in that market and we will see what the playbook will do.
    01-27-11 09:40 AM
    This is a perfect example of how Blackberry is and will always be the best business communication device. They arent going anywhere. If you dont believe that just check back in a year.
    01-27-11 09:52 AM
    No it won't.

It would be nice if you'd list reasons why you've come to that conclusion, and ellipses only have 3 dots in them...
    01-27-11 10:23 AM
    except when it carries to the end of a sentence, then it has 4
    01-27-11 10:36 AM
    I am interested in the reasons Atrix will allegedly fail too.
    01-27-11 10:56 AM
    Because? And how does it tie into the thread?

except when it carries to the end of a sentence, then it has 4
    Except when it comes to the end of a sentence, then it doesn't. It has three, with spaces.

I am interested in the reasons Atrix will allegedly fail too.
    It'll fail "because".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 11:32 AM
    I don't get it?..the one guy talks about eventually replacing his BB..

�I still have my laptop as a backup and still use my Blackberry, but the idea is that they�ll be completely replaced,�

He's basically saying he uses his iProducts for everything but email at the moment..but is looking to consolodate them eventually. So basically once iPhone does email well..no more Blackberry.
    It this is the case, he doesn't do much on his laptop as he says. A phone, any phone cannot replace what I do on my laptop.
    01-27-11 11:40 AM
    No it won't.

It would be nice if you'd list reasons why you've come to that conclusion, and ellipses only have 3 dots in them...
    I have to agree with you on this one. The Atrix looks like it has some pretty slick features. Ability to run a full size monitor off a cell phone is a potential game-changer. As long as they do it right and don't rush it out before it's ready, no reason to think this won't have a place in the market. The only other thing that could hurt its potential is the price tag on it and all those docking accessories that will take advantage of its capabilities. I can see some propeller-heads being stoked about what it's supposed to be able to do. Even if the accessories are cost-prohibitive, people are going to buy it just for the specs.

But, to keep this on-topic, I think it's going to play to a slightly different audience than RIM's BB's and PB's. Might steal a few away from RIM, might steal a few away from Apple, but I don't think any more so than other Android devices. But it's way the hlel too early to call it a fail.
    01-27-11 11:53 AM
    Please elaborate.
    01-27-11 12:00 PM
    the atrix, without any of the cool accessories, is still the very top of the line android device. It will do just fine and give the iphone competetion on att's network. They didnt really have any good android devices until now IMO
    01-27-11 12:06 PM
    I have to agree with you on this one. The Atrix looks like it has some pretty slick features. Ability to run a full size monitor off a cell phone is a potential game-changer. As long as they do it right and don't rush it out before it's ready, no reason to think this won't have a place in the market. The only other thing that could hurt its potential is the price tag on it and all those docking accessories that will take advantage of its capabilities. I can see some propeller-heads being stoked about what it's supposed to be able to do. Even if the accessories are cost-prohibitive, people are going to buy it just for the specs.

But, to keep this on-topic, I think it's going to play to a slightly different audience than RIM's BB's and PB's. Might steal a few away from RIM, might steal a few away from Apple, but I don't think any more so than other Android devices. But it's way the hlel too early to call it a fail.
    i agree, i dont think this is going to be that much of a game changer....sure of **** wont take out laptops.
    01-28-11 04:37 PM
    Why is that?
    01-28-11 05:05 PM
    Why is that?
    Because it wont beat the iPhone 4 launch sales
    01-28-11 05:20 PM
    Because it wont beat the iPhone 4 launch sales
    Every smartphone besides the iPhone is a fail then.
    01-28-11 05:28 PM
    Every smartphone besides the iPhone is a fail then.
    according to the posters around the launch of the Torch that is the case..
    01-28-11 05:32 PM
    right because like, davos is like, well everyman, the unwashed, the workingman. lol.
    01-28-11 05:33 PM
    according to the posters around the launch of the Torch that is the case..
    According to the posters around almost every device launch, that is the case. lol
    01-28-11 05:33 PM
    i realllyy need help with my blackberry!! i dropped it in the toilet .. ew ik.. aha it was clean tho..lmfao anyways the screen is white and all my settings and stuff are down the left side in black font. im soo sad because i just got it like 1 month ago and i didnt get warenty on it i found out this place in waterloo ontario fixes blackberrys for 120 bucks insted of going to bell and replaceing it with a new blackberry bold. i put it in rice for over 24 hours and it is stil the same !! is there any other way i could fix it ? and what is wrong with it i need my cellphonee really baddd. yes i am addicted to it.. ahha pleaasseee help mee!!! if you would like to know what appears on the screen(what it looks like) send me a message and i will send u the picc
    Don't hijack threads: start your own thread--that way you get more responses pertaining to YOUR issue.
    01-28-11 05:50 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD