I tried both Android and iOS and finally came back home to BB. Feels great, my life is more focused now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-27-12 02:48 PM
    Well, here goes my 2 cents. I've been on BlackBerry for 3 years now. Recently I decided to give android a whirl. I picked up an HTC One X, which is a real nice device. Kevin said something in the Android central podcast awhile back that I must agree with. If RIM does not come out with a device as good as this, or even better. The game will be over.

Currently on day 24 of a 30 day challenge. I have used the One X every day, for work and play this phone has come with me everywhere. So lets just dive into it. The device while large, is easy to hold and has a great screen. Crisp, clear and easy for my 45 year old eyes with bifocals to see. Widgets are nice and functional as is Sense.I found the stock keyboard adequate for my daily use and liked the haptic feedback. Sound is good (not great). App store organization is wonderful. Social intergration also wonderful. My favorite thing is being able to download and install apps without a reboot. Camera is just fantastic, especially burst mode. Video is also very good. I like the ability to upload to FB or any other social media without going through youtube or using 3rd party app. Email is not as bad as I was led to believe. Battery life average for an android device (I'm the average user, not a power user). Sealed battery not an issue, it seems like the norm these days and my Playbook's is non removable, yet I own one anyway. 16 gig internal storage (more like 9.93) and no removable SD storage slot available put a little sting on a flagship device. As an alternative I am using Google play, Google Drive and Dropbox, though wifi mostly.

Now, for my 9930. Great screen resolution, great camera (except for no autofocus) and video. Better sound and I prefer the stock music player on my BB. It works better for me. Keyboard and Email (seriously, need I say it). Great feel in hand, can type one handed if needed. Excellent call quality. I can basically do all of the things on my Bold 9930 that I can on the One X. However, the entertainment and easy download and intallation are superior on the Droid.

If RIM can pull off the perfect balance between Android andBlackberry, there would be not stopping them.

Anyway, I only have a few days left to see if I'm keeping the One X. It would only serve as a companion to my 9930 though. As a find it hard to part with my BlackBerry, and after this experiment. I might not need to.

Crossing fingers that BBX is everything and more.
    08-27-12 03:51 PM
    The main reasons I stick with BlackBerry are:
    1. I use my phone primarily for communication. Phone, text, email. BB has always been a leader here
    2. Physical keyboard. There is no better IMO than the 9650 and now the 9930.
    3. Bridge. I use my playbook integrated with my 9930 every single day. All I can say is that the make me extremely effective in my work
    4. The Playbook. With all it does and how it works so intuitively with what I am looking for there is no better for me.
    5. Crackberry. It is a forum where if you have questions there are always people willing to help.
    Last edited by Hgouck; 08-28-12 at 09:09 AM.
    08-27-12 05:41 PM
    BlackBerrys are awesome?
    08-30-12 12:12 AM
    My 9900 gets the job done! Android is fun and pretty but not much else and the iphone is boring since it has not changed much since the Ipod touch came out. Siri is kinda cool though and no Vlingo is not the same. I kinda of worried that Tmobile USA (my carrier) would not get BB10 phones and I would be stuck. I can't wait for BB10!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah and I have a PlayBook too!
    08-30-12 12:25 AM
    The main reasons I stick with BlackBerry are:
    1. I use my phone primarily for communication. Phone, text, email. BB has always been a leader here
    2. Physical keyboard. There is no better IMO than the 9650 and now the 9930.
    3. Bridge. I use my playbook integrated with my 9930 every single day. All I can say is that the make me extremely effective in my work
    4. The Playbook. With all it does and how it works so intuitively with what I am looking for there is no better for me.
    5. Crackberry. It is a forum where if you have questions there are always people willing to help.
    There are other forums associated with Mobile Nations for other platforms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-08-12 08:20 PM
    There are other forums associated with Mobile Nations for other platforms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Oh so you know of them?
    09-08-12 09:24 PM
    I stay with Blackberry cause they got a cool name and the phones are pretty good... that should stir it up in here a bit
    09-08-12 09:40 PM
    I've had a Blackberry for the last 5 years, 8130,8330,9630,9650 and now 9930. They've always fit my communication needs. Phone, email, text, BBM. The physical keyboards are the best IMO, and the touchscreen on the 9930 is awesome.
    09-08-12 10:43 PM
    I just believe BlackBerry is a phone first. It does what a phone is supposed to do very efficiently. All these other devices have all these great apps and features, but can't do the simple things well.. It's almost like they aren't even phones any more.. The priorities aren't in order.

With BlackBerry they also put security as a top priority. I'm not worried about my info getting hacked into because I know BB is secure and I can trust them!

I use my BB as a mobile device on the go so most of the time I'm using it to make calls, text and email. I don't play games very much. As BB says, "it's a tool, not a toy."

I just believe overall that BlackBerry makes great devices! They have a purpose in what they do and I believe in them! They will be successful because they have a purpose behind what they do!
    09-09-12 01:30 AM
    I own my BB, my BB doesn't own me.

So.... what do you mean by "loyal"?
    09-09-12 01:58 AM
    The data plan is very affordable in my country compared to other platform.
    09-09-12 02:54 AM
    Nothing else interests me in the market. I find Android way too buggy and incohesive, Apple's design and layout does not appeal to me in the slightest and Windows Phone is still to me an unproven commodity. I only liked webOS but that's more or less completely kicked the bucket so Blackberry is the best solution for me.
    1. Best at handling emails and instant messaging.
    2. Excellent integration with the PlayBook tablet
    3. Compressed data (I'm on a relatively inexpensive plan with only 500mb so this is crucial)
    4. Likely the best physical keyboard in the market
    5. The most cost-efficient solution for my communications needs - My Bold came free on contract and my PB was $199. An iPhone would have costed $200 more and an iPad an additional $300-400.

I don't think I would leave unless Microsoft Surface is absolutely amazing and WP8 did something incredible.
    kojita likes this.
    09-09-12 03:14 AM
    I used literally every platform out there: iOS,Android,Symbian,Windows Mobile etc. In terms of OS I would probably choose between iOS or Android. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that Blackberry OS sucks. BUT, and thats a big BUT: I don't like using devices that are found everywhere. I previously owned a Vertu Constellation and a Tag Heuer Link. But now with the 9981 I can enjoy many things at once:

1- Best keyboard available on a luxury smartphone (Constellation Quest is scandalous)
    2- Best Luxury smartphone OS yet (Const. uses Symbian, Tag Heuer Link Android 2.0)
    3- BBM: A luxury smartphone that comes with BBM and the BIS we all love.

So just some reasons why I stick to BB...for now.
    09-09-12 05:10 AM
    Very simple the best phone all around !!!
    09-10-12 06:32 AM
    Some of us do alot of writing, and type an easy 55-65wpm on the BB keyboard. Superior battery life is a plus (I base that solely on the two Droids, WP7, and iPhone I've tried over the last couple years.) Finally, Android folks can preach SE Linux variants all day, but since no other platform has the globally recognized data security offered on BlackBerry, all these things are exactly why I stay loyal. On a most personal note, the very UI fits me so well and was made like a glove specifically for my hand, it is "me."

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    09-10-12 08:22 AM
    It does what I need it to do with minimal problems, abd I simply don't care about smartphones enough to want something cool or whatever.
    09-10-12 12:03 PM
    I'm not switching because I love the way my berry works and it's all I need. I've said it before, when people ask me why I still use "THAT" phone, my reply always is, "Why would I switch? If it does all I want it to, why would I have a desire for another device?"

Highlights for me are durability and straightforward use. I have dropped my Torch more times than I care to admit, and for a phone with moving parts, shockingly it has never broken. I also like that I can plug it into my computer and drag and drop things onto it.

Sure my phone has some shortcomings. The main one is the sudden battery drain if I use the browser when I'm not in wifi range. I can live with that. Forces me to walk around and look at my surroundings rather than having a phone in front of my face all day. Also handy to be looking around so you don't crash into everyone else walking with a phone in front of their face.
    09-10-12 12:20 PM
    Because it works for me, as simple as that.
    09-10-12 12:45 PM
    I am not switching because it is dependable, and works when I need it to. It is easy to use and because it is made by a company who makes them in North America and pays fair wages and benefits and above all, taxes in Canada and the U.S. Can't think of any other that does that.
    09-10-12 12:49 PM
    I am not switching because it is dependable, and works when I need it to. It is easy to use and because it is made by a company who makes them in North America and pays fair wages and benefits and above all, taxes in Canada and the U.S. Can't think of any other that does that.
    I didn't know Mexico, Hungary, and Malaysia were in North America.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreyc...ur-blackberry/

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-10-12 01:33 PM
    I've decided to give RIM one last chance and see what BB10 is like. The fact that 3 of the most important people in my life are on BBM is what has kept me with this archaic OS 6 and motivates me to wait it out.

But I gotta tell you, WP8's customized live tiles and convergence with the desktop OS sure looks attractive to me. And the BB10's peek feature won't be enough to compete with that at this point. Still, I want to hold both in my hands for a fair comparison.
    09-10-12 02:23 PM
    Contract.
    I'm on a "family/corporate plan". All members of my family have access to make contract changes.
    My brother lost his phone. he wasn't eligable for an upgrade. I was.
    So he signed my contract up for 3 more years and took the upgrade to an OS7 device as his own
    Bell now tells me if I want to get off BB, it's a $600 contract cancellation charge and no discount will be available on a new phone for my number for 2-3 more years.

So i figured, I might as well just wait till jan and dump $600 into a BB10 phone

if my torch lasts that long
    09-10-12 02:25 PM
    I didn't know Mexico, Hungary, and Malaysia were in North America.

Do You Know Who Manufactured Your Blackberry? - Forbes

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    Definition of 'North American Free Trade Agreement - NAFTA'
    A trade agreement between Canada, the United States and Mexico that encourages free trade between these North American countries.

Well, for non argument sake, I pulled out the battery of my 9900 and it says made in Mexico. Last I checked, Mexico was part of the NAFTA. So for me, local, provincial, national, and North American play a large role in my decisions for purchases. Not telling anyone else to do it, but, we do have an economy that needs to be fed and also, friends and neighbours that rely on our purchasing decisions. Just sayin'
    Last edited by OriginalLucy; 09-10-12 at 02:50 PM. Reason: to add a definition
    09-10-12 02:47 PM
    Don't want an iPhone, because I want a physical keyboard. Don't want an Android phone, because they're not secure. My BB is the best phone I could have, next to an updated Palm Treo phone (which doesn't exist).
    09-10-12 04:41 PM
231 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD