Every phone I had before my BlackBerry ended up disappointing me for one thing or another. When I decided on my first BlackBerry the salesperson at the Verizon store told me to give it a weekend to get used to it and to check out this site. I did both and have never turned back. BlackBerry is by far the easiest phone to customize and to just get things done quickly without slogging through menu options. There's a reason they're called crackberries.
    05-27-10 08:57 AM
    I heart my BB 9700 (most of the time). I just wish the internet browser was better. And with OS 6 coming, it should be. That, and the Facebook for BlackBerry app is total rubbish. But, I get good signal, have a comfortable keyboard to type on, Wi-Fi, an amazing camera, and, best of all, it was only $99.00.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 09:36 AM
    Honestly, I pondered Android for a while.
    But it always, ALWAYS comes back to BB does WHAT I need it to do WHEN I need it to do it and HOW I want it done. It is extremely customizable. Its always down for whatever. Always ready to rumble.
    If I want to have fun and play some games or something like that I have an iPod touch.....
    05-27-10 10:05 AM
    My Storm 2 is the best phone I've ever owned, but when I'm up for renewal, I'll look at whatever is out there. Why would anyone pledge a "loyalty" to bb? I'm totally satisfied with what I have right now, but it's not like they ever saved my life or did something special to earn this loyalty. It's just a phone...a great one, but still just a phone.
    05-27-10 11:27 AM
    Had Andriods, used iPhones and my BB does everything those phones do, some stuff does it better, some it don't, but my berry gets me through the day, period!

Cliq, pissed me off..
    Mytouch, so unresponsive for a TS...
    iPhone, nice for media, battery life sucks, the phone itself sucks as well...

Messed with many other Andriods and not one has swayed me...

9800 looks slick...OMG another Berry, can't be, lol!

05-27-10 07:45 PM
    9800 looks slick...OMG another Berry, can't be, lol
    You obviously didn't see the video I saw. The one I saw was as slow as molasses.
    05-27-10 07:51 PM
    I must admit, with all these HTC devices being thrown at us, I'd like to try Android. Of course, I will still keep my 9700 because it simple, ROCKS! I love the ability to be able to choose which email address I'd like to send email from. I enjoy having themes to make my phone look different. Another thing is AutoText, I like how you can create your own. When I write BB, it translates it to the BlackBerry logo. LOL The keyboard rocks on my 9700 and the battery life is amazing. I also like how you can press the spacebar twice to insert a period. Little things like that make me enjoy my Blackberry. Oh did I mention that I'm the ONLY one rocking the Bold 9700 at work? Everyone else has Curves. Guess what they call me? Mr. Blackberry. Haha I'd gotten two people at work to buy BBs. Yes, the browser blows but it's good for what I do on it. Do I need to look at a full website on my 2.4 inch screen? No. That's what I have my notebooks for. If I am not mistaken, this month marks my one year Blackberry anniversary.
    05-27-10 08:10 PM
    " ... I still like how my BlackBerry does things. I'm starting to wonder if all of the people that are bashing BlackBerry are those that enjoy watching YouTube videos, Social Networking, and browsing the Web."

Hear, hear! I, myself, wonder if they even have computers. I have a laptop for that stuff, lol. My BlackBerry is for communication purposes for those moments when the laptop is not practical.

I still use my BlackBerry smartphone for that kind of stuff indirectly. If I need to do some real web browsing, I tether my BB to a laptop and do what I need to do. Its better than waiting for flash on my smartphone and trying to watch videos on a small screen.

05-27-10 08:19 PM
    I like it because of the more conservative design thinking. they do not have Honkin' big screens or fast processors or little pico projectors built in, but they have a lot of little nice things such as the magnetic holster sensor or the double-space for period and next cap. They may not have the latest and greatest features, but what it does it usually does well. And I'm a fan of SurePress and I do not feel that I could ever give it up.
    05-27-10 08:42 PM
    Had Andriods, used iPhones and my BB does everything those phones do, some stuff does it better, some it don't, but my berry gets me through the day, period!

Cliq, pissed me off..
    Mytouch, so unresponsive for a TS...
    iPhone, nice for media, battery life sucks, the phone itself sucks as well...

Messed with many other Andriods and not one has swayed me...

9800 looks slick...OMG another Berry, can't be, lol!

I disagree with you on the iPhone. The iPhone is great as a phone. Battery life is decent as with most high end touchscreen phones.

The 9800 just looks like crap.
    Cleveland likes this.
    05-27-10 09:01 PM
    I disagree with you on the iPhone. The iPhone is great as a phone. Battery life is decent as with most high end touchscreen phones.

Unless you were viewing the pictures of the 9800 on your iphone I fail to see how you can make that assumption.
    05-27-10 09:21 PM
    Unless you were viewing the pictures of the 9800 on your iphone I fail to see how you can make that assumption.

Bwahaha

05-27-10 09:23 PM
    You obviously didn't see the video I saw. The one I saw was as slow as molasses.
    ZOMG, it is basically in beta, duh....

And why should I listen to anything you have to say, you are another troll...

05-27-10 09:25 PM

You are entitled to your opinion as well, just have read and experienced it as a crappy phone...my friends iPhone sounds like poo, all static and what not, but my co-workers 9700 on same provider is crystal clear...

05-27-10 09:33 PM
    I've owned an iPhone for a month before - enough time to experience and judge it. It works well as a phone. Calls were clear and were never dropped.
    05-27-10 09:34 PM
    You are entitled to your opinion as well, just have read and experienced it as a crappy phone...my friends iPhone sounds like poo, all static and what not, but my co-workers 9700 on same provider is crystal clear...

My dad's unlocked iPhone sounds clear as well. And it seems a lot of Tour owners are having issues with their phones dropping calls and such. Guess some are lucky and some aren't.
    05-27-10 09:36 PM
    I love my BB because it does the job done. And its a straightforward smartphone.
    05-27-10 09:37 PM
    ZOMG, it is basically in beta, duh....

And why should I listen to anything you have to say, you are another troll...

If that is the case, then BOTH storms must still be in beta!
    05-27-10 10:31 PM
    I just bought my very first Blackberry, the 9550 March 8 th, and I'm still getting used to it. I came from an HTC Tilt running WM 6.1 Professional, so its taking me alittle while to get the feel of the new to me OS, but I'm with BlackBerry to stay. Looking very forewords to both OS6, and the hopefully not too distant release of the BB 9670 clamshell. I know most hate the looks of the 9670, but I really want one as a second / backup for when I don't want to put my 9550 touch screen
    in harms way.

05-27-10 11:33 PM
    Just installed a new theme that makes my BlackBerry Curve 8330 running OS 4.5 seem as though it's running OS 5.0
    I feel like I have a new phone. This will hold me for a while until Verizon finally brings out the 9650.

05-28-10 08:35 AM
    I do a lot of copy and paste on my device. the copy and paste shortcuts make the process very efficient.

BlackBerry Copy, Paste, and Cut keypad shortcuts

To cut highlighted text when typing, press the Shift + Backspace/Delete key

To copy highlighted text when typing, press the Alt key and click the trackball

To paste highlighted text when typing, press the Shift key and click the trackball

05-28-10 10:31 AM
    I also like the Macros within AutoText.
    05-28-10 11:35 AM
    I've had my Tour since Dec. and it is my first BB. I only have a choice of Verizon in my area and they did their level best to talk me into a Droid. My hubby got a Droid last month. The VZ sales staff push it hard be he is a touch screen kind of guy. As a relative newby to both I can tell you the BB wins hands down. It is the first smartphone for both of us and BB is more natural and does not complicate simple tasks. He has pages of apps and crap on his droid and most of the time can't figure out where anything is much less how to use it or it's just icons taking up space. I like how my BB keeps it simple, you want the web then hit one icon and it feels like the web. His droid, you press icon then slide open the keyboard (virtual one is terrible) then press the line you want (www or search) then type then pick thru the websites etc. It also totally bugs me and him, that you can't turn off the music when you are done listening on droid. Droid also has some other issues with tasks taking 3 or 4 steps to the BB 1 or 2 steps. The hubby likes his droid, but I think he wishes it was as simple to use as the BB and sometimes feels like too many apps and options is not such a great thing. We don't use our phones for work but we live in a rural area and use the web for tons and texting the kids. So our needs are different then most. I know that if he could go back, he would probably choose the storm 2 over the droid, knowing now what he does.
    05-28-10 08:05 PM
    ... I can tell you the BB wins hands down. It is the first smartphone for both of us and BB is more natural and does not complicate simple tasks. He has pages of apps and crap on his droid and most of the time can't figure out where anything is much less how to use it or it's just icons taking up space. I like how my BB keeps it simple, you want the web then hit one icon and it feels like the web. His droid, you press icon then slide open the keyboard (virtual one is terrible) then press the line you want (www or search) then type then pick thru the websites etc ... Droid also has some other issues with tasks taking 3 or 4 steps to the BB 1 or 2 steps. The hubby likes his droid, but I think he wishes it was as simple to use as the BB and sometimes feels like too many apps and options is not such a great thing..
    Thank you for the heads-up. Worth repeating.

05-28-10 08:14 PM
    I just buy what I like and what suits me... BlackBerry, Droid, Windows Mobile, iPhone... I've had/still have them all. This ridiculous "device loyalty" dynamic is amusing.

When it comes to business, I just love the BB's ease of use. Period. So I'll always have one in my stable.
    05-28-10 08:16 PM
231 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD