Definition of 'North American Free Trade Agreement - NAFTA'
    A trade agreement between Canada, the United States and Mexico that encourages free trade between these North American countries.

Well, for non argument sake, I pulled out the battery of my 9900 and it says made in Mexico. Last I checked, Mexico was part of the NAFTA. So for me, local, provincial, national, and North American play a large role in my decisions for purchases. Not telling anyone else to do it, but, we do have an economy that needs to be fed and also, friends and neighbours that rely on our purchasing decisions. Just sayin'
    And my Canadian purchased 9900 was made in Hungary.

I also don't have a great opinion on NAFTA but that's just me. The worst screw job Mulroney ever forced on Canada.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    09-10-12 05:45 PM
    Because I like my keyboard and like feeling secure with my device.
    09-10-12 07:07 PM
    I love the keyboard, the led notifications, the surprising shortcuts, the voice notes in BBM, the quality feel of the devices, did I say I like my BB?
    09-11-12 10:30 AM
    Sorry guys I had to revive this one. I own a 9930, as well as an iphone 4 provided by my company, and a new galaxy s3 im trying out. After using the iphone and galaxy, i cant lie, the awe factor is there. Screen size, browser speed, flash player, endless apps, etc. The iphone and galaxy give you an experience you just cant get on the berry. However, I feel like im treating it more like a toy than a phone. I find myself playing with the phone alot more just cuz the experience is appealing. While this sounds positive, I dont wana be one of these people walking around with their phone browsing the web, watching movies, playing games, etc. Also, I dont give a s**t about facebook or any other social networking app. I always end up back with the berry. I love the keyboard, construction and call quality. I wana be able to text and email, as well as have a pleasant call experience. The berry does all these and very well. Not to mention I can fly on the keyboard. The music sound quality is unreal too. I wish I knew more people with berries so I could use bbm more. I havent tried the bbm music player yet but I hear its really nice. Back to the app experience, I do miss the depth of the apps on the iphone and galaxy. For example, the ebay app, bank of america, paypal and amazon apps are so much nicer on these phones than on the berry. However, this makes me wana stay on the phone more and thats sonething id like to get away from. I just want my workhorse back that will do what I need and do it well. If I have to get online then I can, but without wanting to stay on it all day. Also, I hear good things about the berry phone/playbook combo through bridge. Anyway, I guess thats about it. I love reading all these people staying true to their berries and to themselves. Keep it goin guys!!
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-04-13 10:17 PM
    I remember it was back in early 2009-2010 that I was serious about owning my first BlackBerry. I was always curious about it and so once I bought the Torch 9800 I said to myself, "one you go black, you never go back." I have stuck with this loyalty motto for years. I was browsing the net for a great BlackBerry site. I had heard about CrackBerry and well figured it was worth a shot. Lurking, and reading up on BB, I was hooked! Once I registered and become a member, I felt at ease because everyone was so friendly, helpful and really made a newbie feel welcome. My phone helps me gets the job done. It's very sturdy and built the best to where it can survive any kind of rough play. I have spent a lot for the apps I use and have embedded myself into the BlackBerry ecosystem. BlackBerry just works and fits my needs.
    GlamGemini and bigbmc26 like this.
    01-04-13 10:33 PM
    Eggzactly! Blackbery works and fits my needs. 'NUFF SAID.
    01-04-13 10:39 PM
    It was surprising to see all the people still rockin their blackberries with all the ios and android enhancements out now. It was a pleasant surprise though. Keep em comin fellas
    01-05-13 11:38 AM
    Sorry guys I had to revive this one. I own a 9930, as well as an iphone 4 provided by my company, and a new galaxy s3 im trying out. After using the iphone and galaxy, i cant lie, the awe factor is there. Screen size, browser speed, flash player, endless apps, etc. The iphone and galaxy give you an experience you just cant get on the berry. However, I feel like im treating it more like a toy than a phone. I find myself playing with the phone alot more just cuz the experience is appealing. While this sounds positive, I dont wana be one of these people walking around with their phone browsing the web, watching movies, playing games, etc. Also, I dont give a s**t about facebook or any other social networking app. I always end up back with the berry. I love the keyboard, construction and call quality. I wana be able to text and email, as well as have a pleasant call experience. The berry does all these and very well. Not to mention I can fly on the keyboard. The music sound quality is unreal too. I wish I knew more people with berries so I could use bbm more. I havent tried the bbm music player yet but I hear its really nice. Back to the app experience, I do miss the depth of the apps on the iphone and galaxy. For example, the ebay app, bank of america, paypal and amazon apps are so much nicer on these phones than on the berry. However, this makes me wana stay on the phone more and thats sonething id like to get away from. I just want my workhorse back that will do what I need and do it well. If I have to get online then I can, but without wanting to stay on it all day. Also, I hear good things about the berry phone/playbook combo through bridge. Anyway, I guess thats about it. I love reading all these people staying true to their berries and to themselves. Keep it goin guys!!
    If you want a Phone that is a toy buy The BlackBerry Porsche Design. Gimped 9900, but with leather so you could tell your friend:"Yes, not only did I get a Slightly outdated phone, I got the GIMPED version of that already outdated phone but there's Metal and Leather on it."

Sorry, that idea was stupid, i can't get over the porsche Design.
    01-05-13 11:46 AM
    I didnt switch because it just works there's a certain type of people who like BB's.I never got all the app hype so BB's always been good to me email on the go,msg,internet just worked well for me dont really want to mess about with my phone for more than 5 minutes.
    TommyBB likes this.
    01-05-13 06:19 PM
    All those NOT switching to another device and staying loyal to BlackBerry tell us why.

Free cookies and watching the iTard aneurysms at the end of the month.
    01-05-13 06:37 PM
    If you want a Phone that is a toy buy The BlackBerry Porsche Design. Gimped 9900, but with leather so you could tell your friend:"Yes, not only did I get a Slightly outdated phone, I got the GIMPED version of that already outdated phone but there's Metal and Leather on it."

Sorry, that idea was stupid, i can't get over the porsche Design.
    Some people value exclusivity.
    01-05-13 06:38 PM
    I hate everything about Apple devices, the culture, the following. I'd consider Android if BB was gone. I have no interest in Windows phone. I've always been a BB fan, from the moment i bought the Pearl 8100 when it first came out. I like the design, and the email integration. I'm not crazy into apps, but I do have lots of apps on my PB. So apps has never really been an issue. Besides that, current BB's can't really handle apps like the competition does, let's be honest here, and realistic.

That being said, i have a feeling i'll be buying lots of apps for my Z10.
    01-05-13 06:49 PM
    I currently us the Bold 9930 and absolutely love it. About 9 months ago I traded my prior 9930 in for a Motorola Droid razr Maxx. Without going into details I was able to convince ?VW to give me a certified 9930 in exchange for my old BB Tour. I have been going back and forth between the 9930 and Droid Max. I keep going back to the 9930. Here is why:

1. Keyboard
    2. Keyboard short cuts. I love the fact that with 2 clicks I can have a call placed to any of the contacts I have established in speed dial.
    3. Form factor. These 4.3 inch screen phones are just awkward, at least for me.
    4. Speaker phone quality. Haven't heard a better speaker phone on a cell phone yet.
    5. Speed of the OS. I did a comparison test of the 9930 and the Droid Maxx testing the browser and some other apps and I was very surprised that the 9930 was faster than the Maxx.

Bottom line for me is the BB helps me get things done efficiently without distracting me.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    01-05-13 08:42 PM
    That's just the way it is. 70% rational, 30% irrational ... But firmly loyal.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-05-13 08:57 PM
    If I can make it through the Storm and to a lesser extent, Storm2, I think us former Storm users can weather any...storm???

Seriously speaking, I never owned a BB keyboarded phone. For me, the Storm started my addiction. As frustrating as it was I still loved it. So much so that I got the S2 knowing I would probably have similar frustration. The S2, for me, was a pleasant surprise. My current love, the 9850, is a great piece of equipment! Still not a competitor to the all touch heavyweights but she's a tough lil bi@tch an she gets it done!

I'm really looking forward to the London and BB10!
    01-05-13 10:43 PM
    My Curve 8530 was my first blackberry, and I totally enjoyed that phone. I had to upgrade because of poor reception on the curve, and stupidly (hindsight is always 20/20) got the Atrix. I am so enjoying my 9810 as a great mix of touch screen and pkb. So looking forward to the BB10 experience.
    01-05-13 10:51 PM
    If I can make it through the Storm and to a lesser extent, Storm2, I think us former Storm users can weather any...storm???
    Oh yeah. after that thing I think i can handle any blackberry. I went to the 9100 after that, then the 9360 and now the 9790.
    01-05-13 11:51 PM
    BBM
    Mail services
    Form factor
    Solid business phone
    Does what I want it to do
    Reliable
    Needs a better browser
    01-06-13 12:12 PM
    only reason im not switching is because im on a 3 year contract so no matter how much i dont want this phone im stuck with it :/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 01:52 PM
    Yeah that's nice shot pal ! I'm going to be loal for BB forever !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 02:17 PM
    I love my 9900 for all the features listed above and although I will stick with the keyboard version when I upgrade, I do find that I am using the touchscreen more and more. My main concern for RIM is the lack of application support for BB. Hopefully this will change with BB10 but I am finding it very frustrating that many new, useful apps are not available on our platform. Although not truly representative of the UK, there was an article in yesterday's Daily Mail listing the top 25 apps available on all platforms and of those only 6 were BB supported. Even Kindle had 9. On a final note, I think it well worth mentioning that I downloaded the new BB Navigator and I am delighted with it. Coupled with the new BBM voice, signs are looking good for BB 10.
    01-06-13 03:08 PM
    RIM is ******* dead!!!!
    01-06-13 03:11 PM
    Hmm, interesting and informed comment. Well done.
    RIM is ******* dead!!!!
    01-06-13 03:23 PM
    RIM is ******* dead!!!!
    ...as most critics predicted. RIM will resurrect with BB10 on January 30th 2013. Brace thyself. LOL.
    01-06-13 03:45 PM
    Sticking with the BB brand ( BB10 ) means that you are getting another device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 06:50 PM
231 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD