I'm reading numerous posts as to why people are switching from BlackBerry to another device. After reading so many posts of how old and tired BlackBerry is getting, I'm starting to wonder as well. As I played around with a few Android phones (Moto Droid & Incredible) I was pretty much ready to ditch my BlackBerry. The more I mess around with them, I'm starting to dislike some of their features. Those that switch claim that Android beats BlackBerry in every regards. For some reason I still like how my BlackBerry does things. I'm starting to wonder if all of the people that are bashing BlackBerry are those that enjoy watching YouTube videos, Social Networking, and browsing the Web. Other than that, BlackBerry beats them in all other categories to me.

Here are a few things that I truly love about my BlackBerry. I'm sure there's more.
    What are some things that you truly enjoy about your BlackBerry?

• Calendar Invites (ability to invite calendar events to other BlackBerry users)

• BlackBerry Messenger (ability to tell if message was Delivered as well as being Read)

• Universal Copy and Paste throughout the device as well as 3rd party apps

• Remembers what Email address you use the most for certain people. You can always change to send from a different address if you choose.

• If you copy text, when you pull up the menu again it will default to paste.

• Mass Storage Mode (ability to plug your BlackBerry to a PC and use as an external hard drive). This is a must for me. Android phones offer this as well, but not the iPhone.

• Forward Contacts (ability to forward address book contacts to other BlackBerry users)

• Spell Check using DocsToGo Word To Go app. ( I don’t believe this featured is offered for the iPhone and Android versions)

• Activity Log (ability to view a detailed log of all calls and messages of each person in your address book)

• With the 3rd party QuickLaunch app, I’m able to create up to 78 shortcuts to apps, folders, websites, phone contacts, sms, PIN, Email, and files within 1-3 taps of letter combinations using the QWERTY keypad. This does not include the shortcuts that BlackBerry offer if you disable Dial-From-Homescreen. This by far is greater than the amount of shortcuts you can add to the 7 homescreens of the Incredible.

• Calendar Entry mode (ability to set the start and end times of events in the calendar). I was somewhat set on getting the Incredible until I tested this feature. The version on the Incredible is too slow for me. It looks nice, but too slow if you need to enter several calendar events at once.

• Provides up to 8 fields to be used for contact numbers. I tried this out on a few other phones. Some of them provided 1 contact field for #’s, but you were able to add additional fields. Too time consuming if you have several #’s to add.
    05-26-10 05:03 PM
    Email redirector. Niether Droid or iphone have it.
    05-26-10 05:06 PM
    Email redirector. Niether Droid or iphone have it.
    Could you elaborate? Is this in regards to the one you can setup on the BIS website?
    05-26-10 05:07 PM
    You install the redirector on your computer. It redirects the email to your device without the device being connected to BES.
    05-26-10 05:10 PM
    My wife went through two HTC Eros and now is on her second Palm Pri Plus. She wishes she had my Storm 2 after they did the hardware and software upgrades.
    05-26-10 06:05 PM
    BB form and function suit my needs better than any other device out today. The degree of customization allowed is a bonus. The BB keyboards are unequaled for text and e-mail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 06:45 PM
    Back in Oct, I went from an 8830 to a Palm Pre, Palm Pixi and now back on a Tour 9630. Webos OS was very intuitive, has a better web browser than a BB, synergy(combines all your email contacts and facebook contacts in one area), touchstone, but the battery lasted less than 8 hrs, phone constantly froze and restarted.

BB is more reliable in hardware and software. I think I will be staying with BB from now on.
    05-26-10 07:05 PM
    I agree with everything...blackberry does for me what I need I to do. I do a lot of business international and BBM is sure plus for me. Right now I'm loving my bold 9650. Been using a bb for 4 years now

05-26-10 08:18 PM
    I stay loyal to BB because it stays loyal to me. I have strayed numerous times but I always come back. It is easy to get caught up in the hype of other devices, but a lot of them still don't work well. My Tour is the best smartphone that I have ever owned. I never have any issues with it. The OS is stable, I have enough application memory to download all of my favorite apps, the keyboard is phenomenal, the messaging system is superior to any other smartphone I have seen or owned, and the battery life is good. I also do a lot of social networking and watching videos. The video player may not be as glamorous as others, but it shows a really good picture. I have learned that I can do so much with my BB and it never fails me. I do think that there are other devices that have a lot of merit, but I trust my BB to get me through the day everyday and that means a lot. Lastly, I am very comfortable with BlackBerry smartphones. I have been using them for quite a while and I know my way around them pretty well. That's what matters the most to me.

05-26-10 08:29 PM
    I'm staying for obvious reasons: once you go BLACKberry you never go back!!

05-26-10 08:39 PM
    I am staying with my BB because its the first smartphone Ive ever owned, and it performs. First was the curve, now I have the 9650 bold, and I love it. Here's the thing, every, and I do mean every platform has its issues. The people on here B***ing about BB's are the ones who want everything right now. Just because they dont have the new device when they say they will, or the software is delayed. If you dont want it, then get something else, and stop whining about it, thats what I say to those people. I have BB, and will keep it, because it simply works. If you want a kids phone, go get something else. If you want a phone that does functional adult stuff, then stick with BB. Just remember, if you go to another platform, there will be things you dont like about them either. Just my 2 cents.
    05-26-10 08:40 PM
    -Keyboard: Still the best out there for pure messaging.
    -Email: Clearly the best... Speed, security, ease of use.
    -Phone: Funny how people forget this one; BB phones are generally very good for conversation.
    -Battery Life: Also overlooked a lot; A properly configured can achieve amazing battery life.
    -Security: If on BES there is no competition whatsoever, and BIS is no slouch.

05-26-10 08:54 PM
    Aside from the keyboard the things I like about my BB are:

1. Good built in security.
    2. Customized alerts for messaging
    3. Community of "die hard" users not found for other phones.
    4. Push email done right (when working).
    5. Coming from an iphone - I appreciate the ability to have custom themes.

05-26-10 09:21 PM
    I love BB's because they are designed for people that like to get things done. They are great for multi-tasking, email, and scheduling. The iPhone and Android phones are designed to be media based phones. They have faster browsers and more "cool" apps. All of these phones are excellent at what they are designed to do. Pick the phone that is designed to do what you need it to do and you will be happy.

05-26-10 10:00 PM
    Could'nt agree more with the above posts. Diehard BB Fan.
    05-26-10 10:07 PM
    I forgot about AutoText. I use it daily. I've created over 500 custom words and phrases. It allows me to type info without having to do a lot of typing. I love it!

05-26-10 10:31 PM
    Back in Oct, I went from an 8830 to a Palm Pre, Palm Pixi and now back on a Tour 9630. Webos OS was very intuitive, has a better web browser than a BB, synergy(combines all your email contacts and facebook contacts in one area), touchstone, but the battery lasted less than 8 hrs, phone constantly froze and restarted.

BB is more reliable in hardware and software. I think I will be staying with BB from now on.
    See, I couldn't disagree more on the Pre. I had one replacement because the store sold me one that had been returned, but my Pre has been rock solid, moreso than my Berry. The battery lasts a full day easily even overclocked - as long as my Storm did. Haven't had a restart.
    05-26-10 10:36 PM
    For me the keyboard is the first priority. I have used many devices (back to the original palms and palm III, pda's, phone, laptops and tablet pc's) - none of them match the portable functionality of my blackbery!

I can deal with the smaller screen. Fuirther - reliabilty, durabilty, custimization...

Did I say - I love my blackberry.

05-26-10 10:48 PM
    " ... I still like how my BlackBerry does things. I'm starting to wonder if all of the people that are bashing BlackBerry are those that enjoy watching YouTube videos, Social Networking, and browsing the Web."

Hear, hear! I, myself, wonder if they even have computers. I have a laptop for that stuff, lol. My BlackBerry is for communication purposes for those moments when the laptop is not practical.

05-26-10 11:21 PM
    I like my BlackBerry because the OS is snappy and easy to use. It does what I need it to do and anything beyond that is a bonus.. Push email, bbm, and msn messenger I can't live without. I confess I have an addiction to texting and I think BB is probably the best for all messaging platform.

I recently tried out the Nokia N97 and omfg never in my life I felt so privileged to own a BB. I still can't believe Nokia is still no. 1 in the smartphone market. It's about time Nokia fan boys should stop being stubborn and try out a BB. What a huge difference these two company produces.
    05-27-10 12:10 AM
    I love my Storm because she loves me

05-27-10 01:34 AM
    @berrywriter...I was going to post that exact same comment. My blackberry does everything I need and does it well. Email, calendar, phone, memos, text etc. Everything is wonderful. I <3 my tour

05-27-10 02:41 AM
    the 9700 is as near to a perfect device that I could hope for, Im sticking with it until someone proves to me there's a better one out there
    05-27-10 06:12 AM
    I like to use a holster with my phones. Let's say I get an Email or text message. With some of the newer phones I was looking into you have to take the phone out of the holster, press the power button, swipe the screen to unlock, pull down the notification bar, then open the message. Too many steps.
    With my BlackBerry I can simply take it out of my magnetic holster. The phone immediately comes out of sleep mode. If I take it out of the holster as the message comes through, it will come out of sleep mode, as well as open the message for me. Quick and easy!

05-27-10 06:45 AM
    Cause I love my phone, duh.
    05-27-10 08:29 AM
231 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD